Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 300RWKW 4AGTE Turbocharger Selection

Junior Member Domestic Engineer MRMOPARMAN's Avatar

Default Re: 300RWKW 4AGTE Turbocharger Selection

have you looked at what turbo 30psi4AGTE and the others with 300rwkw 4A's are running?
    Quote Originally Posted by cuzzo
    well have to see what gen is better the ke30 or the ke(yuk)25
    Quote Originally Posted by Bananaman
    Thats like comparing a house brick and a stiletto

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

depends if you are talkign VE with respect to the displacement, or the displacement X the intake pressure.
    the former will go over 100% (or there is no point having a turbo...)
    the latter will typically stay similar to what it was for NA, and go down a bit at higher intake pressures..

what about IHI turbos? any decent pressure ratios there?
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

Bull now in china shop! Domestic Engineer NME308's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldcorollas View Post
    depends if you are talkign VE with respect to the displacement, or the displacement X the intake pressure.
    the former will go over 100% (or there is no point having a turbo...)
    the latter will typically stay similar to what it was for NA, and go down a bit at higher intake pressures.

I be talking about VE with respect to the displacement because it seems to be the relevant figure to use in the turbo size calculations. It is the only way to make my own two engines data fit the calculations.

Besides talking about the VE which makes your engine well over 100% VE is much more fun!!!

Cheers,
    Jason
    3TC Compound Turbo 1976 TA23 - Members Ride Thread HERE
    479RWHP on 50psi and 70psi hasn't broken her at the track!

Forum Contributor Domestic Engineer

Yeah, I've found the same too. According to most calculators, my dirty (basically bolt on only) 7M has a VE over 100 in the mid ranges when making the least postive guess for the BSFC when looking at power vs rpm and boost. It only gets higher if the BSFC numbers are more 'normal'.
    I think the calculators tend to estimate for factory engines with dodgy 10:1 AFR tuning and 3/5ths of bugger all ignition advance when under boost.

I would have thought that for 300RWKW (around 460 maybe 480 engine HP), you'd need closer to 50 lb/min??
    MA71 - 7MGTE - 340RWHP

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic J-M kujala's Avatar

Holset HX35 Super. they have seen going 500+ engine hp, maybe up to 400+ RWHP in 4AGE. i will recommend that one, they are strong, "Cheap" very popular in Finland ! i think Most popular because over here we got own Modell series... Turbos are assembled (most of them) at Finnish Turbo import company and got full support from Holset main factory. but they are "HUGE"

i do not sell them, this is well known re-sell company of those turbos in Finland.

http://www.kkdmotorsport.com/kuvat/H...ine-up-KKD.jpg
    http://www.kkdmotorsport.com/yhteystiedot.php

they will ship Worldwide. And Support English

first hit at Youtube..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSazXwuo2Tk
    - Celica TA-22 -74 2T-G Turbo
    - IQ 1.0 -09
    - Lexus IS250 -06

Olde mechanic Carport Converter oldeskewltoy's Avatar

Recommend you read up on this(contact the poster) - http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=1638 - he's been pushing well over 300whp for a number of years now.

You may also find this useful - your 4AGE Turbo Setups and the Numbers - http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=34252
    Information is POWER... learn the facts!!

Lord of InterpretiveDance Chief Engine Builder tomvale13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MRMOPARMAN View Post
    have you looked at what turbo 30psi4AGTE and the others with 300rwkw 4A's are running?
    ^^ This is a good point, Bazda also springs to mind.

edit: just realised Bazda might be running a 7a bottom end, I can't recall off the top of my head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzo View Post
    They cash in the empty can of whoopass they received in SA and receive 10c's per punch...
    They have to accrew enough for nose reconstructions as well as feeding his mime family. The dont talk much so they never need much water for their dry mouths.

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

Yep bazda is 7a bottom end. and 30psi 4agte is a fairly different setup to mine. I have of course looked at what turbos others making this kind of power are using. But a lot are either different engine configs or are used for drags, or are street cars that were built with just a HP figure in mind and no attention to how suitable the setup would be for track work etc etc.

Besides I am trying to make an informed decision by analysing compressor plots and wheel sizes etc rather than just blindly picking whatever everyone else is using.

Also, looking into it a bit more, that holset is way too big to be useful imo.
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

Forum Sponsor Domestic Engineer Bazda's Avatar

No matter what you do, the power you want (300kw atw) its going to be laggy.
    Esp trying to run a stock 16v head...

Blacktop head can happily push out 270kw atw on 22psi using a TO4E 60 Trim (with twinscroll exhaust). Full boost at 5k (22psi).

Im vouching on the Turbonetics GTK series. They are meant to have a wider comp map than their other turbos.
    + They look sexy! and we can do them at a very very good price.

We got many guys here running GT3076R on their 4agtes and 7agte. They are all pretty laggy maing full boost at 5k on the 7a and 5.5-6K on the 4a.
    I've put most of them onto the T04E 50 trim and they have gained alot more mid range power making the car more usable on the street.
    1988 Toyota Levin GTZ 10.88 @ 209.57 340kw
    Now 9AGTE 410kw atw
    www.mrpltd.co.nz - Manon Racing Products
    Turbonetics|Custom Coilovers|4/6 Piston custom brake kits|Twin/Triple custom clutch setups|+ MORE
    www.facebook.com/mrpltd - LIKE
    Check out the Toymods Sponsors section for Deals

i know its going to be laggy. but that doesnt mean i cant try and minimise lag. otherwise i would just go get a GT35R.... GT3071R looks like it will give me enough power (maybe not 300rwkw, but close enough to be good enough) whilst still giving reasonable power at around the 4.5k mark.

head will have kelford turbo cams, but otherwise will be a stock smallport head yes.

get maps for the GTKs and if they look the goods then we will talk, baz.
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

from that image..
    HX35
    The standard set-up, this charger can offer performance for up to 500hp
    It's built to be easily adapted to motorcycles
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic J-M kujala's Avatar

quite big but have seen HX40 in bikes also
    - Celica TA-22 -74 2T-G Turbo
    - IQ 1.0 -09
    - Lexus IS250 -06

Olde mechanic Carport Converter oldeskewltoy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trdee View Post
    will be a stock smallport head

If I may......

dump the stock head

If you want to make power easily... its time to think of O/S valves, and a full port job. Why make your turbo work harder...

Here are 3 smallport intake ports.... stock, one I ported(std valves), and finally a head ported for O/S valves.

Note how the O/S valve port has been pushed all the way out to encompass the normal bevel @ the manifold flange. Also note how both my porting, and the O/S valve porting have "opened" the port roof, and port sides to fully expose the bowl to the port - example of opened port roof and sides below

Now the exhaust side.... again stock, followed by ported std valve, and finally ported for O/S valves

One last STRONG recommendation... de-shroud the chambers - you don't want any ping @ 300 kw

Information is POWER... learn the facts!!

cash spent vs benefit gained.... do you have any quantifiable results between your ported head and a stock head?

Bull now in china shop! Domestic Engineer NME308's Avatar

Hey mate,
    The benefit of a ported head with O/S valves is similar to the benefit to your multivalve head vs my 2 valve head in the first place...

With decent porting and oversize valves my 2 valve head would make the same power with less boost i.e. more efficient as the turbo can move the required amount of air with less resistance.

Already you can make - call it the same - power as me with less cubic inches of motor and 5psi less boost. If done properly you can only go forward with oldskewls advice!

Cheers,
    Jason
    3TC Compound Turbo 1976 TA23 - Members Ride Thread HERE
    479RWHP on 50psi and 70psi hasn't broken her at the track!