Thread: front caliper bolt spacing

Forum Member

Default front caliper bolt spacing

Need a bit of help boys.

I have been enjoying my 3.0 v6 swapped 1996 celica for a few months now but the brakes aren't up to the power increase, and I have had one rear caliper seize up as well. I'm hunting around for anything toyota for the front that as a 130mm / caliper bolt spacing - any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Twin piston / larger piston etc

I'm aware of the gt4 swap, but dont want to pay that much and would like to keep off the shelf discs on the car (no machining)

I have seen that a lot of the later camry's share similar disc dimensions and was hoping the caliper bolt spacing would match. The aurion is pretty close too (do they achieve the larger offset for a bigger disc with the mounting tabs on the hub? Because the caliper by itself looks like a good candidate too)

And if you just happen to have any dimensions for rear caliper bolt spacing that would be great too. I don't like the idea of having rear calipers that I can't buy a seal kit for anymore so want to go to something newer.

Any help would be awesome,

Cheers

I definitely ain't a Chief Engine Builder wagonist's Avatar

Default Re: front caliper bolt spacing

ST215 Caldina have the same bolt spacing as the ST204 Celica with the same rotors, but are twin piston (& are the same calipers as SW20 MR2 Turbo).
    If Toyota think that this is adequate for a 191kW turbo wagon weighing almost 1500kg, it should be sufficient for your FWD V6 Celica which will weigh less.

Where are you that you can't get a seal kit for a 96 model?
    I replaced the seals (all 32 of them!!) & some of the pistons in the ST205 brakesI installed in my Caldina and just walked into my local brake shop and got them.

Forum Member

Cheers for that.

It was for the rear calipers. No one even had them listed except auto one and they said there was only one seal kit left in Sydney and another in Melbourne. I have re-greased and lubricated the siezed caliper and it seems to be working again but I want to swap them out for a newer model so in the future I'm not d*cking around chasing parts.

Thanks for the info on the MR2/ Caldina caliper. That sounds like a decent upgrade. Might hit the web and see if those calipers came on anything domestic.

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

mr2 calipers are domestic. the rev 1 89-91 model had smaller calipers/rotors. F&R

92+ had the larger dia rotor and calipers too suit. our adm delivered were all NA engines but had the same brakes as the JDM turbo model. F&R

don't look at US websites for info as they only got the mr2 between 91-95 and their NA version had a 5sfe (not 3sge like aud) and different brakes again.

did you try toyota for the kit?

Forum Member

I didn't know the na and turbo shared the same brakes. That's good to know. I didn't go to Toyota because I'd heard bad stories cost-wise about caliper kits from the dealer.

Thanks

So anyone got any suggestions for rear calipers?

I definitely ain't a Chief Engine Builder wagonist's Avatar

Toyota (like every maker) can surprise you with prices sometimes...