Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Event: Mark 2 Corona 2 door Hardtop MX22 build. PART 1 - Pre build discuss Discussion

Old School Fanatic... Automotive Encyclopaedia jezz's Avatar

Default Re: Event: Mark 2 Corona 2 door Hardtop MX22 build. PART 1 - Pre build discuss Discus

Quote Originally Posted by 1JZ-Rolla View Post
    You got a couch to upholster Jezz? Or actually gonna put a car together?
    If my house would stop falling down I would!

Also I think I've forgotten how to work on my car its been so long...
    Bottom line: Life's too short, drive something you love.
    Canberra Celica Group

Crazy Chief Engine Builder 1JZ-Rolla's Avatar

Default Re: Event: Mark 2 Corona 2 door Hardtop MX22 build. PART 1 - Pre build discuss Discus

I can't picture TE37's in smaller diameter on an oldschool car........ got any pics?
    AE71 Corolla 2 door window van - retired / JZA70 Supra - VVTi converted - sold

Junior Member Conversion King

I can't picture TE37v's in a larger diameter

These are 15x9 front, 15x10 rear:
    Autodub - 1987 AW11 G-Limited, Dark Blue Mica 4AGZE T-Top 4EAT

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia JoJo's Avatar

They look dope on Datsun 240/260's.........

So, Naz came around this morning. Sounding very positive
    He said, that to stick with black, if thats my dream. He said, the colour doesn't matter, because he WILL have the car straight, regerdless of colour.... Not gonna let that beat him
    Also said the body was in really good condition for it's age. amazed at the NO rust, and all the cars lines were intact.....
    He is doing up a quote and getting back to me......
    CURRENT CARS: AE86-SR20DET, MX22-2M, JZS147-2JZGTE, AE86-4AGE , AE71 Panelvan-4AGTE, Peugeot 504- XN1

Junior Member Conversion King

hachi's are the next best candidate for 37v's, but I'm sure you're already aware of that

I've got my sights on a set on the adub since the blue/bronze matches so well, I'll only be settling for 15x7.5 or 8 +25 though, like these:

Nothing too crazy.
    Autodub - 1987 AW11 G-Limited, Dark Blue Mica 4AGZE T-Top 4EAT

Been thinking colours...
    I dont mind that Commodore really dark purple/sometimes black looking depending on the light. Looks good in my head....
    CURRENT CARS: AE86-SR20DET, MX22-2M, JZS147-2JZGTE, AE86-4AGE , AE71 Panelvan-4AGTE, Peugeot 504- XN1

Crazy Chief Engine Builder 1JZ-Rolla's Avatar

Like on the older VS HSV's? Cherry black I think?

Def a nice colour, and would look wicked on an MX22.

can't believe I just filthed the pages up here with a Commonwhore

Is the quote that Naz is doing for a solid single stage paint job, or clear over base metallic?
    AE71 Corolla 2 door window van - retired / JZA70 Supra - VVTi converted - sold

Thats simular to the colour. But I think with the VX/VZ comnmodores, the colour was even darker......

Forum Member Grease Monkey

mazda has some pretty cool pearl colours but i think your better sticking with either toyota or flat colours
    Stock NA JZA80

"Never drive faster than your angel can fly." - Boyd Graham 'ASSAIL' R.I.P

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by JoJo View Post
    EITHER:
    SSR MK2's........ 15x9 with big dish (neg offset)
    Or
    TE37's with big dish 15x9 (not sure of availiable offsets yet)
    theres no way you'd fit 9's within the guards unless you go for offsets closer to 0, and you'd either need bolt on flares or pump out the front fenders till the point that they wouldn't look factory anymore. It would work if you went IRS conversion on the back though but fronts, probly not. I'm running 14x7 +3 front and its flush up to the guard and 14x8 -5 on the rear and it pokes out half an inch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jun View Post
    theres no way you'd fit 9's within the guards unless you go for offsets closer to 0, and you'd either need bolt on flares or pump out the front fenders till the point that they wouldn't look factory anymore. It would work if you went IRS conversion on the back though but fronts, probly not. I'm running 14x7 +3 front and its flush up to the guard and 14x8 -5 on the rear and it pokes out half an inch.
    Haha, I had never planned to fit the wheels inside the guards Yeah Jun, I will be having pretty fat bolt on flares. I am liking the idea of TE37V in 15x9 -15, but it a while before I buy anything...... I already have a range of size/offset wheels that I can play around with fitment, so I know exactly what I need before I purchase anything. I will put one of my Equip 01's 15x8 -13 on tomorrow and see how if looks. This thread might get its first pics

Forum Member Grease Monkey

pics of how it looks now? Will be epic with bolt on flares and massive dish
    Nissan Silvia S13- 1UZFE

I'll move the motivation from the other thread to here!

Cough...

More inspiration for JoJo!

Green ?

Yellow ?

Brown ?

White
    Canberra Celica Group

Also for JoJo.

That could be debate over...

But red is growing on me..

Canberra Celica Group

Tell that bitch to get her hands off the car!!!!!