Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Classic Celica Appreciation Day (NSW) - Sunday 27th of May - CoffeeFest / Mothers

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Default Re: Classic Celica Appreciation Day (NSW) - Sunday 27th of May - CoffeeFest / Mothers

Hi,

I too took a number if pics, which is something I never get time to do.

Anyway, will see about getting them online asap.

Got to take Trini in for clutch service again. She's doing her "broken thrust bearing" bit again and needs to be fixed.

Also, Lambo... yeah, got your point about the brakes on The88 being almost non-existant. Still, makes for an interesting drive to Wisemans I'll get her scheduled in for next week. Trini this Wednesday.

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

80's stylin Domestic Engineer Sammich's Avatar

Default Re: Classic Celica Appreciation Day (NSW) - Sunday 27th of May - CoffeeFest / Mothers

FINALLY finished uploading them. Stupid uploady thingy would trundle along until it got to a >5mb file and would just stop -_- but got them all up in the end

http://s592.photobucket.com/albums/t...%20Day%202012/
    MA61 + 5M-E POWAZ: sold :'( | MX73 + 5M-GE: asploded. RIP :'( | MA61 + 2JZ-GE: 80's radness with 90's power/reliability/economy
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    these wheels are so jap I even want to kill a whale. For strictly scientifical purpose, of course.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic scottsta22's Avatar

Got home safe & sound, thanks guys for a great day out, love the location and it was good to put a few more faces to names.

Car ran like a dream all the way home and didn't get any where near as dirty as on the way down

Cheers guys, if I've still got the car I'll see you next time.

Scott

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic {Mr Crabs}'s Avatar

I would like to say i had a great day from the meet up at Swansea.

It was a good drive from there to the Pub,with only 5 Cars craig's 28, my 23,JZX100,the fastest MX73 on Earth and some crazy woman in a Kluger.

Many thanks to Rod's son Harry.For keeping my son busy, Luis has not stopped taking about him.

The way home was just as good. Over on the Ferry next to an RA25 and to follow it through the twist and winds towards Gosford with plenty of right foot.

Can't wait till next year!

Cheers

Forum Member Grease Monkey

What a perfect day.Thanks to everyone who worked so hard to make this meet happen and a special thanks to the photographers who took great shots of the cars.

Toymods Vice President Chief Engine Builder TheToyman75's Avatar

I know Anthony will have it covered in the Official Wrap up the Day but The Australia Down for Depression Fund raining raffle held on the day raised a healthy $285 for SANE Australia

Special Thanks go to:

Mothers Polishers Australia
    Bendix Brakes
    Motul Oils
    Wholesale Suspension
    and our good Friends at Matespace and Zen Garage

For providing the prizes for the Raffle.
    1971 2T-B Celica TA22 ST.
    1973 2T-G Celica TA22, aka "The Unicorn".
    1975 2T-G Celica TA27 GT
    1976 2T-G Celica TA23, aka "The Colonel".
    1985 3F Auto FJ62 Landcruiser
    1989 7M-GTE MA70 Supra, aka "The Poopra"

History: Rods Classic Celica Sampler thread.

Board Member Domestic Engineer DavGT4's Avatar

Brilliant day out... although it seemed to go by really quickly! Well done to Anthony and everyone else, for putting together another great Classic Celica Day. Tones of motivation to get more work done on the purple poo for next year.

Should have all my pics uploaded shortly...
    Dav Hoban
    Board Member

ST185... Lucifer! - he's back on the road again, woo!
    RA23... The purple poo! - less squeek, more rattle

Forum Member Grease Monkey

Really glad i decided to show my face in the end, there are some awesome celicas in the toymods crew!
    Glad to have signed up too, sunday helped me make my mind up about puttting the car back on the rd instead building a dedicated club car (still going to build it tough though).
    Hope to have it road worthy by next year.
    Thanks to the organisers!

PS kudos to the QLDers for the dedication!!!!
    Dave

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

I can only echo the same as everyone else here. Had an awesome day as did the family. Great organization, great atmosphere and nice to meet other Toymod members with an interest in Celicas :-) Will be back again.

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Great day to all the organisers. It's an awesome site seeing so many nice Celica's in the one spot, it's my favorite event of the year. Thanks again

Celica Pilot Conversion King Gold28's Avatar

Wow, what an awesome day. The Toymods Classic Celica Appreciation Day just gets better and better every year. This is certainly my favourite event on the Toymods Calendar and seeing more and more of these old Celicas attending each year just makes it all the more enjoyable. I'm already excited about planning next years event.

So lets start with the cars. At Wisemans Ferry we had a total of 46 celicas including:
    17 TA22's
    6 RA/TA23's
    2 RA25's
    6 RA28's
    2 RA40's including the ex Peter Williamson Bathurst race car
    1 RA60
    1 MA61
    1 JZA70
    2 ST184's
    6 ST185's and
    2 ZZT231's

On top of that we had a few other cool Toyotas including Stitts awesome Crown Wagon, Dunebobs rockabilly Stout and a mint little KE Corolla. There was a few unfortunates though that fate wouldn't see attending, including Danaes beautiful 23, Thomas's 22 (which did make it to the meet point) and my ST205 who's designated driver was nursing a hangover...... Happy Birthday Vito

A big thankyou to our Sponsors
    Coffeefest - for the Gellato's

And the following sponsors for offering the great prizes for the raffle and showbags for the entrants.
    Mothers Polishes provided a bucket full of Mothers and MLH car care products
    Bendix Brakes proveded a voucher for a set of front and rear brake pads
    Motul Oils provided a 4L oil and car seat covers
    Wholesale Suspension Penrith provided 3 gift certificates for a wheel alignment
    Matespace and Zen Garage provided a $100 gift voucher for Zen Garage

The Australia Down For Depression raffle raised $285 for SANE Australia. This is in addition to the donation Toymads has already made.

And I hope you all enjoyed the goodie bags provided by our sponsors DBA and Motul.

Thanks to Dunebob, Schmidt and PH@_MAN for dragging down the BBQ and tirelessly turning sausages all afternoon for us.

Thanks also to The Hills Shire Council for once again allowing us to use this amazing location for this event and thankyou to all attendees for respecting the grounds and leaving them clean and green.

And thanks to all those that travelled long distances to attend this event. We had cars from Newcastle, ACT and Queensland attending and I know of at least one car from Victoria that had planned on attending but unfortunately couldn't make it.

It is a little bit of work to organise these events but seeing so many of these old cars turn up and talking to the attendees and reading your responses makes it more than worth the effort. A big thankyou to everyone that turned up to make this a fantastic day I know I met a lot of new faces on the day and I'm only sorry I didn't get to meet more of you. See you all next year.

Many thanks,

Anthony
    (Toymods Social Events Coordinator)

ps I did actually have a car there, mine was the sexy little white TA22 with the stripes parked near the gate.

And to end the report, some notable photos. I do have photos of everyones car (and lots of mine ) so pm me if you want one.

And some of the prize winners for the Australia Down for Depression Raffle.

Crazy Chief Engine Builder 1JZ-Rolla's Avatar

Anthony, the transformation of "Frosty" is amazing, so good I didn't even recognise it for some time. Congrats mate, a brilliant and visually tasteful choice in mods.

Now post up some proper pics of it

Cheers
    Phil

[edit] p.s: better pull that dirty JZA70 out of the list, since the purists will know its not truly a CElicaSupra like its younger brothers
    AE71 Corolla 2 door window van - retired / JZA70 Supra - VVTi converted - sold

Ok then, but only because you asked nicely.........

So who else took some nice photos. Post up your favourites........

Quote Originally Posted by 1JZ-Rolla View Post
    Anthony, the transformation of "Frosty" is amazing, so good I didn't even recognise it for some time. Congrats mate, a brilliant and visually tasteful choice in mods.

Now post up some proper pics of it

Cheers
    Phil

[edit] p.s: better pull that dirty JZA70 out of the list, since the purists will know its not truly a CElicaSupra like its younger brothers
    Thanks Phil, it turned out a lot better than I was expecting. The wheels and suspension were done in December but the rest of the work was all done the week before Classic Celica Appreciation Day. Not bad for a weeks work hey.

Crazy Chief Engine Builder 1JZ-Rolla's Avatar

brilliant, just brilliant.
    AE71 Corolla 2 door window van - retired / JZA70 Supra - VVTi converted - sold