Thread: 4ag rear water outlets

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Default 4ag rear water outlets

I'm currently gathering all the parts i require to put a small port 4age into my ae71 hack.
    All the guides i have read online (possibly because they are all referencing the same original write up) say that i need an ae82 or ae86 twin cam rear water outlet/sensor block.
    I have read (cant remember where) that the 4agze rear outlet will fit also, however nothing absolute about the ae92 outlet. Since these 2 outlets look similar in length (albeit with a different orientation of the sensors) will they fit? does anyone have first hand knowledge as i think a definitive answer would help all attempting this conversion, plus trying to find a wrecker who will separate an ae82 part from an engine is near on impossible.
    thanks in advance guys and gals....
    matty

Senior ****** Carport Converter Sam_Q's Avatar

Default Re: 4ag rear water outlets

one of the outlets sticks out more, all of them clear the firewall with ease

Jack of all trades Automotive Encyclopaedia mattysshop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Q View Post
    one of the outlets sticks out more, all of them clear the firewall with ease
    yep as above there are 2 common types we have here in OZ, some of the earlier fwd 4age's use the same as the rwd 4age water housing... but almost all the smallport's i've seen use the longer housing, as with some bigports... they will definitly fit in an AE86...

thanks so much guys!!!! Now I'm pretty much set for the conversion in a few weeks during my hols!
    cheers,
    matty.

I can now confirm 100% that the ae92 style outlet will fit in an ae71 also!, put the engine in today and there is about 10mm of clearance.
    matty.