Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TECCWA "Red Mist" Motorkhana - Tiger Karts Wanneroo - Sunday 20th November 2011

Old Skool Enthusiast Domestic Engineer GeneSPIDA's Avatar

Default TECCWA "Red Mist" Motorkhana - Tiger Karts Wanneroo - Sunday 20th November 2011

*** Results Spreadsheet ***

TECCWA's first club run motorkhana is a shakedown event for a series planned for 2012 and will be held on Sunday November 20, 2011 at the Tiger Kart Club's rear car park, just behind Barbagallo Raceway and incorporating a morning and afternoon session. The morning session will run from 8:00am till 1:00pm with the afternoon session held from 12:00pm till 5:00pm

The event will be run under the National Competition Rules of the Australian Auto-Sport Alliance (AASA) and you will require an AASA licence (available on the day and valid for the following twelve months) to compete on top of your event entry fee.

As some may already have CAMS racing licenses and have asked, I have confirmed with AASA that CAMS racing licenses for Speed and Non-Speed will be accepted for Motorkhana competition. We will need to see current licenses on the day as part of scrutineering.

Final Supplementary Regulations

Entry Form is available here

AASA Racing License Application - can be handed-in on day with payment

Current Entrant List/Status

Cost per session is $55 for financial club members and $65 for non members. Payments can be made to the TECCWA bank account - we will accept event entry fees, AASA licence payments ($50 and valid for 12 months) and TECCWA membership payments ($50/yr for a full membership - contact Clint on 0403 733 054 or [email protected] for membership details):

Bank: Westpac
    BSB: 036037
    A/C: 363299
    A/C Name: Teccwa
    Use your surname and "khanaAM" or "khanaPM" as per your timing preference on the day.

Your car will need to pass Scrutiny - Please check the supplementary regulations for requirements, but as a general guideline - tyres (anything goes so long as no exposed canvas/constructions are visible), brakes, suspension, body and interior fittings will be assessed before you can compete, and you will personally need enclosed shoes, long pants and sleeves while competing, a helmet with suitable rating/specification with convertible/soft top car drivers also requiring a full faced helmet. Unlicensed cars are also welcome - the onus is on you as to how you deliver them to the event.

Drinks and a BBQ menu will be available on the day so please bring some extra cash to cover your purchases.

In an effort to maintain the bitumen surface, we will employ the following conditions:

NO REVERSE GEAR - if you make an error while on a course up and need reverse - you will be issued with a "wrong way" and timed accordingly - please refrain from any form of static or aggressive burnout.

NO CLUTCH KICKS OR HANDBRAKING prior to corners to unsettle a car for drifting - sorry guys, this is not a drift event and no allowance will be given to anyone performing these actions. Progressive powerslides out of corners are fine - again, we are trying to protect the bitumen in order to keep a good relation with the venue owners.

For more info on this event and next year's event series, contact Gene on 0422 551 204 or Clint on 0403 733 054

Regards

Gene Schneider

TECCWA Motorsport Coordinator
    Last edited by GeneSPIDA; 21-11-2011 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Results Link Posted
    SPIDA - 1974 TA22 Celica (2TGEU 1600cc with Garrett GT25 320HP turbo) Dyno - 168.9HP at 10PSI, 14.8 sec quarter (so far)

TECCWA Member | Drag Run Videos

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Re: TECCWA Motorkhana - Tiger Karts Wanneroo - Sunday 20th November 2011

Sounds excellent. Hopefully I'll have my exhaust and LSD done in time to make it down to this.

Severely Underqualified Domestic Engineer Fodder's Avatar

Default Re: TECCWA Motorkhana - Tiger Karts Wanneroo - Sunday 20th November 2011

I'll probably already be up in Perth, though Perth -> Wanneroo takes almost as long as Home -> Perth hehe.

Don't know how long I'll be busy for on sunday but will try and get down to check it out at least

Junior Member Carport Converter RA35GT's Avatar

Yes count me in too !
    1977 RA35 Celica GT - I4 | 2007 GSV40R Aurion - V6
    Don't live life being scared of death, live in the fear of not truly living. RP 2012

Estranged Member Chief Engine Builder mullett's Avatar

Yup, I'm in, and have probably got at least two other people, pending a decent run-time...

AFAIK CAMS L2S is acceptable for AASA for most events, is it OK for this?

-RM

Hardly a Domestic Engineer Sciflyer's Avatar

Nov 20 is our rally day

(AEM 1-day classic)

80's Style'n Backyard Mechanic VA61DETT's Avatar

Totally Keen!

Will drag Dave & his new silbunky along too.

-A

Old Skool Enthusiast Domestic Engineer GeneSPIDA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mullett View Post
    Yup, I'm in, and have probably got at least two other people, pending a decent run-time...

AFAIK CAMS L2S is acceptable for AASA for most events, is it OK for this?

-RM
    I will check and confirm with AASA, as it may be. The wording AASA provided us in their sample Supplementary Regulations for the event states:

The event is open to all persons holding the appropriate competition AASA Club Racing Licence or higher or equivalent licence which must be presented at documentation / Check in on the day. AASA Club Licences may be purchased for $50.00 on the day of the event.

So, it may be considered a suitable equivalent, but I need to check.

Gene
    SPIDA - 1974 TA22 Celica (2TGEU 1600cc with Garrett GT25 320HP turbo) Dyno - 168.9HP at 10PSI, 14.8 sec quarter (so far)

TECCWA Member | Drag Run Videos

Quote Originally Posted by Sciflyer View Post
    Nov 20 is our rally day

(AEM 1-day classic)

AHH F**K!

Gene...ANY other day!

-RM

KE25 legendary Backyard Mechanic Robbo's Avatar

Robbo is a definate for this event and an entrant in the series
    !!! BAN LOW PERFORMANCE DRIVERS NOT HIGH PERFORMANCE CARS !!!

私のトヨタはある従って速い均一死んだ人叫ぶ!

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

i would to attend but new around the toymods forums (HAILING FROM ROLLACLUB.com) but yeah i have 3tgte t18 wich should be done by that time wich i will need to test and tune and adjust the coilovers i put in it but if im aloud to attend i will

CHEERS. matt

Gangnam style Automotive Encyclopaedia beatle's Avatar

Keen, Co-driving in the twilight rally sprint on the thursday, so timing is good.
    Open to other cars? Mate likely to be keen in his K11 Micra (it has a Toyota turbo if that helps?)

Junior Member Carport Converter RA35GT's Avatar

We generally take anyone in any car for our motorsport events.

More the merrier
    1977 RA35 Celica GT - I4 | 2007 GSV40R Aurion - V6
    Don't live life being scared of death, live in the fear of not truly living. RP 2012

Especially if it has turbro

Can't beleive that that two motorsport events I've looked at in 3 months both fall on the same day!

...but I can probably replace me+decade with 2xMX5s

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

I'll be in as always.