Thread: Throttle Cable Modification . .< need OEM cable shortened OR alternative>

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Default Throttle Cable Modification . .< need OEM cable shortened OR alternative>

I've changed the injection system on my AE92 to S/T Quads and need the original Throttle cable shortened.

Can anyone recommend / suggest a workshop that can do this (Sutho Shire preferred) OR another < shorter> OEM cable that would fit?

Junior Member Too Much Toyota

Default Re: Throttle Cable Modification . .< need OEM cable shortened OR alternative>

can't get to a wreckers and look at other small EFI toyotas? All manner of throttle-cables can be found and cost far less than new/OEM prices.
    ------------------------------
    ST185 road barge / MZ11 forest barge / RA65 garage barge

Default Re: Throttle Cable Modification . .< need OEM cable shortened OR alternative>

I think the answer's been staring me in the face; the throttle on the AE111 Levin comes through the bulkhead at exactly the same point so I'm pretty sure one of those (or one from an AE101 Levin) should do the job.

Junior Member Grease Monkey

If you end up getting one made, try these guys. You take them a cable and say you want it x longer/shorter and they make one up for you.

Junior Member Grease Monkey

I think I told you about this in one of your previous threads, ( actually i thought it's AE86 then your cable is not long enough but you got opposite)
    I know ur looking some one in NSW but if you couldn't find any or AE111 is more than $50, then

send you cable to Speedscreen - The Cable People , it cost me around $50.

Thanks very much guys; I'll see how I go over the W/E. If I can't find a Levin unit I'll follow up with the companies mentioned.