Thread: 3tgte wont rev

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default 3tgte wont rev

hi guys at the end of a 3tgte conversion in my t18 and im stuck...

had to replace the fuel regulator becuse the original one died so i got aye aftermarket adjustable one with gauge and have it set on 40psi..... and she wont rev wont even get over the 2000-2500 rpm mark (NOT TO SURE DNT HAVE MY TACO WIRE IN) but it will stall and die if i try and open the throttle its not losing any fuel pressure when i try to rev it. there is also alot of pressure in the fuel tank will easily push all the fuel in the return line out into the air when disconected from the fuel regulater.

the fuel setup in order from pickup to return is..

FUEL FEED PICK UP> FUEL PUMP > EFI > FILTER> fuel dampner> FUEL RAIL> ORIGINAL FUEL REG> AFTERMARKET ADJUSTABLE REG> BACK TO TANK

NOTE: this is the same setup excluding new fuel reg as what was in the t18 i pulled it all from and that it was running sweet with this setup all the fuel lines were stock there was no carbon canister though. i wanted to keep it in tried running the return line in it for some silly reason :S then removed it. but weird thing is i couldnt start the 3tgte in my t18 without crimping the return line. so i replaced the regulater but before i replace it i had the power from the pump disconected when i was tryin to start it and it started on its own and ran and reved happily for about 7-8 minutes without the pump running or crimping the return line

Default Re: 3tgte wont rev

any help would be great

if you run an aftermarket fuel regulator, you must first remove the stock regulator off you first. You should not run 2 regulator in tandem. any reason why you plumb it that way?

didnt have the right fittings on the aftermarket one to attach to the fuel rail