Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TECCWA at AEM Japanese Car Day 16th Oct 2011

Old Skool Enthusiast Domestic Engineer GeneSPIDA's Avatar

Default TECCWA at AEM Japanese Car Day 16th Oct 2011

Automotive Events Management (AEM) are holding an inaugural Japanese Car Day on the 16th of October in Midvale. In terms of TECCWA's involvement, we are planning the following participation on the day for interested members:

• A TECCWA static car display - I've currently asked for space for 20 cars, but I can request more if there's more interest (this is free).
    • TECCWA members who wish to participate in the AEM Superkhana morning or afternoon session on the day will need to complete the below entry form and submit to AEM.

http://www.classicrally.com.au/Super...Form%20JCD.pdf

I've had expressions of interest from the following people, so if you're interested and not on the list below, or are unable to take part, please let me know
    • Jonathan Yee (ST185) - Display
    • Robbo (Corolla Levin) - Display and Superkhana
    • Mitch Templar (RA23 Celica) - Display and Superkhana
    • Phil Gibson - Sciflyer (Soarer) - Display and afternoon Superkhana
    • Jeff Thomas (GT4 ST165 Rally Car) - Display and possibly Superkhana
    • Peter Hay (MA61 Supra) - Can't drive due to broken arm (Display?)
    • Gene Schneider (TA22 Celica) - Display and possibly Superkhana (entered)
    • Aaron Woodward (EV Sera) - Display
    • Clint (MS57 Crown and AE101 Levin) - Display
    • Beatle (Car?) - Superkhana
    • Peewee (Crown?) - Display
    • Magnum (RA23 Celica) - Display
    • Requested (Soarer and MR2) - Display and potentially both Superkhana sessions
    • Stomps (JZZ20 Soarer) - Withdrawing due to mechanical issues
    • White Sandshoe (MX32) - Display?
    • Darren.S ("Toyota") - Display
    • Rudy (RA35) - Display
    • Robin (UZA61) - Display

There are limited places available in the Superkhana, so if you're interested and you haven't sent off the entry form yet, I'd recommend doing that ASAP.

Update
    I've been in touch with AEM, and have confirmed that I can take down a small sunshade to help us keep things/people at the TECCWA display out of the sun. I'll also be taking a large container of sunscreen. It's been confirmed, as below, that TECCWA cannot sell any food or drinks at the display, so bring money to buy from the suppliers that will be on-site.

The following is from an AEM email and provides the following details for all those participating or heading-down for a look on Sunday the 16th October, so please have a read:

These notes are for all private exhibitors and car clubs involved with the Japanese Car Day on Sunday, October 16th.

Firstly, thank you for committing to bringing your cars along for this new event. We’ve had an excellent response and will have a great range of over 200 cars for the day.

The gates will open to exhibitors at 8am and all cars should be in place at 9.30am. We will have marshals helping guide cars to their positions in the venue grounds.

Cars which are competing in the Superkhana also need to be on site between 8.30am and 9.30am. If your Superkhana car is in a club display, it may leave that display to do the Superkhana - and use the Pits area between their runs. Cars which have just signed-on for the Superkhana and are not part of a club display, will be parked in the Pits area. Superkhana participants are reminded to refer to the Event Regulations – remember to bring a good quality helmet, long sleeves, roadworthy car, etc.

If you are bringing a car on a trailer, we will have an area for leaving trailers inside the grounds of the show - please follow Marshals instructions.

As the venue has the rights to catering we have to request that clubs cannot sell food or drinks on site. Small shade tents in club display areas are OK.

Please ensure that cars remain in place and displays remain intact until 3.30pm when the show finishes. Cars will not be allowed to leave until after 3.30pm, when most of the spectators out of the way.

Japanese Car Day
    Sunday, October 16th
    Speed Dome, eastern end of Eddie Barron Drive, Midvale
    8.00-9.30am Display car entry and set-up
    8.30-9.30 Scrutineering & Registration for Superkhana morning session
    10.00am Gates open to public
    10.00am Superkhana morning session starts
    11.30-12.30pm Scrutineering & Registration for Superkhana afternoon session
    1.00pm Superkhana afternoon session starts
    3.30pm Show closes
    3.30pm Displays can be packed up and display cars may leave

Please help spread the word - forward the attached promotional material to anyone you know who might be interested in the Japanese Car Day. A big crowd attending will help ensure we have a 2012 Japanese Car Day.

The AEM office will be closed this Friday, October 7th and will re-open on Monday.

Regards,
    Paul Blank
    Automotive Events Management

The flyer for the event is shown below:

Gene Schneider
    TECCWA Motorsport Coordinator
    Last edited by GeneSPIDA; 09-10-2011 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Adding Latest details from AEM
    SPIDA - 1974 TA22 Celica (2TGEU 1600cc with Garrett GT25 320HP turbo) Dyno - 168.9HP at 10PSI, 14.8 sec quarter (so far)

TECCWA Member | Drag Run Videos

Gangnam style Automotive Encyclopaedia beatle's Avatar

Default Re: TECCWA at AEM Japanese Car Day 16th Oct 2011

I have entered the superkhana, happy to put my car on display for when its not hard-a-port out on the track.

you can't say ****** here Automotive Encyclopaedia CLG's Avatar

MS57 Crown and AE101 Levin will attend.

Toymods V8 Member Too Much Toyota CrUZida's Avatar

Gene, I have a feeling that I'll be finishing on site around the 10th Oct, so I should very well be in Perth for this.
    Would like to do display and khana. Although, thinking about it, the car won't be registered, so that may pose a few issues in actually getting it out there.
    Khana is optional, but would like to represent TECCWA in the display.
    Peewee
    1985 MZ12 Soarer - 1UZ Powered
    2013 86 GTS

Forum Member Grease Monkey

i will bring the celica if im in perth just for display
    The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
    __________________________________________________ _
    RA23 - 1G-GTE

Hardly a Domestic Engineer Sciflyer's Avatar

If theres space and seeing as my car will be there for the arvo khana anyway i wouldnt mind having a spot in the display

No problem, until we get 20 cars, we'll have room. And, if we need more and know in advance, we can ask for more space.
    SPIDA - 1974 TA22 Celica (2TGEU 1600cc with Garrett GT25 320HP turbo) Dyno - 168.9HP at 10PSI, 14.8 sec quarter (so far)

Forum Member

Smile Re: TECCWA at AEM Japanese Car Day 16th Oct 2011

Guys Im definately in for the khana. Will pay asap, and most prob will display.

Before I pay a question...
    If I enter and pay for 2 cars can I use car A in the morning khana while displaying car B and then altenate with the afternoon khana session (ie driving car B displaying car A)?

thinking of the vvti manual 220kw soarer and the gen 3 mr2. Very interested how times would pan out after my disasterous first attempt in the mr2 at the last khana. Thanks

Forum Member

And yes I know how to drive two cars at the same time!!!

you can't say ****** here Automotive Encyclopaedia CLG's Avatar

You best direct your questions to the event organisers - AEM.

Quote Originally Posted by Requested View Post
    Guys Im definately in for the khana. Will pay asap, and most prob will display.

Before I pay a question...
    If I enter and pay for 2 cars can I use car A in the morning khana while displaying car B and then altenate with the afternoon khana session (ie driving car B displaying car A)?

thinking of the vvti manual 220kw soarer and the gen 3 mr2. Very interested how times would pan out after my disasterous first attempt in the mr2 at the last khana. Thanks
    As Clint said, the event is actually run by AEM, so best thing is to contact them regarding the Superkhana entry. You'd need to send off 2 applications for the Superkhana, one for the morning session in car A and one for the afternoon session in car B. Each session is effectively a separate session, where I wouldn't think there'd be any reason you couldn't do what you're asking, except if it's over-subscribed and/or if the organisers don't want to fill it up with the same drivers due to the limited numbers.

So, send them an email with your 2 applications ASAP would be my suggestion.

Gene

Forum Member

Thanks guys much appreciated.

Forum Member

Do you have any info on the Superkhana as in what it looks like, how big is it and how many runs you get?
    Ive never done one before...

Quote Originally Posted by dmartins View Post
    Do you have any info on the Superkhana as in what it looks like, how big is it and how many runs you get?
    Ive never done one before...
    AEM's page on the day is at:

JAPANESE CAR DAY* AUTOMOTIVE EVE

Information regarding the Superkhana is on the page too, and says the following:

SUPERKHANA
    The competition driving short-course Superkhana will be run under AASA regulations and is open to all cars including classic, modern, modified and drift cars, with lots of award categories. Morning and afternoon sessions will be run. Entry fee just $45 per car. Cars will be scrutineered first for basic roadworthiness and safety. Drivers must have a AASA or CAMS competition license - we can issue 12-month AASA license for $50 on the day. 4 runs per car. Limited to 25 cars each session. CLICK HERE for full details and Entry Form.

So, to answer part of your question, you get 4 runs.

The course/s use the curved track/carpark area to the Eastern side of the Speedome, which you can look at using Google:

Midvale Speeddome WA - Google Maps

The exact course, in terms of direction, turns, etc. is not provided until on the day.

Gene

Hardly a Domestic Engineer Sciflyer's Avatar

Gene youve got me listed twice.... me = Phil Gibson - Afternoon Superkhana

I just confirmed with AEM that im entered for this