Thread: Kartatak tourney this tuesday

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

Default Kartatak tourney this tuesday

So considering it's toyfest this weekend I thought I'd extend an invite to all toymodders to come join me in the monthly kartatak tourney this tuesday night.

Championship

Basically it's $45 entry. You do a quali, two races and if you qualify in the top 8, you also do a final. Racing starts at 7:30. The karts are pretty dodgy but hey, it's just some light hearted fun and gives an excuse for another meetup after toyotafest
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

Default Re: Kartatak tourney this tuesday

bump! this is tonight.
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....

nice datsun Backyard Mechanic TRD184's Avatar

Am keen, but i dont know what time im going to be back from being in the city. what time are you aiming for trdee?
    my RA23 http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=57060&page=2"]
    It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
    - Hit it.

arncliffe aint that far from the city! supposed to be regoed by 7pm as they sometimes start the race earlier depending on bookings etc. ill call em round lunchtime and confirm

nice datsun Backyard Mechanic TRD184's Avatar

just looked it up, apparently its 18mins from where i will be, very doable, i'll see how i go..
    my RA23 http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=57060&page=2"]
    It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
    - Hit it.

just confirmed, karting is 7pm tonight

Junior Member Domestic Engineer shelldrake's Avatar

Interesting...
    Assumption is the mother of all f**kups...

you all suck, garth came second in the finals, and I then did an extra round against one of the workers there and by following his lines came within 0.7sec of the lap record!! watching his lines was like an epiphany, I found so much pace where I thought i was already driving at the limit before...

many many funs

edit; writeup below

Man, what a night! Started off in the quali sessions doing high 21s laps. I remembered 19s as being the proper fast area for lap times so the pace was well down at first. Then all of a sudden the track started gripping up like crazy from one lap to the next. Garth and I both got into the finals at which point everyone was in the low 20s. I got swamped with a bad start and ended up second last, garth finished second

Then, after the tourney, one of the workers comes out and says whoever is keen can run a 15min session for basically half price, my workmate and I both entered, and lo and behold, the same worker dude jumps into the kart next to me.

Get out there and started going at it. Once again the kart felt even faster than before. I also started leaning into the corners now (after learning how to do it properly from garth) and all of a sudden I found myself going faster than I have ever been. Was tearing through the field with the worker dude sitting right on my arse for about five laps till he finally managed his way past. I then proceeded to stick right on him for about another 10 laps. this was immensely helpful as i was able to watch his lines (bear in mind he's driven the track like 11ty billion times) and suddenly I was hit with epiphany #2. Following his lines turned me from quick into I AM THE HAND OF GOD quick. Shit was serious business.

Evidence;

Worker dude's time up top (19.80) Mine next below (19.94) The other guys that were in there were all regulars as well so they werent slouches by any means. Considering the worker dude weighed 50 something and has done 1000000000 laps of the track whilst I weigh 86 and go there once a month, Im pretty farking stoked. The lap record for that version of the track is a 19.28

Bring on next month!
    Last edited by trdee; 05-10-2011 at 12:24 AM.