Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1995 Celica radio code

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Default 1995 Celica radio code

I've searched this using every combination of words I can think of -nothing. Must be here somewhere. Anyone?
    Problem, bought wife 1995 Celica, which has a stereo that requires code, I don't have it.No paperwork/ handbook where it might be logged. The LED security light on the stereo is not lit,(does this mean it is already disabled? or this is how it looks till the power gets disconnected?) Radio, CD work perfectly, Need to take battery off to do some work on motor, I'm aware from other Toyotas, that this can kill the sound if I don't have code when power goes back on, is there anywhere where codes are on file,maybe relating to chassis number?
    Or, is there anywhay to bypass the code system,Lets be realistic, 11 year old factory systems are not exactly big number stealables these days. Car only goes to supermarket, don't want to spend money replacing what works OK.
    Help.

Toymods Club Member Too Much Toyota TooF's Avatar

Default Re: 1995 Celica radio code

you can try the last 3 digits of the vin thats pretty common.

other then that you could easiyl bypass it by removing the stereo and before you unhook the loom cable. splice 12V onto it then unhook it.. keeping the stereo powered up whilst removed. then reinstall it once you have done the work.

Welcome to the Darkside! Automotive Encyclopaedia -==L=a=N=c=E==-'s Avatar

splatt:

take the car into toyota, and ask them for the code for the radio (if its the stock radio) they'll happily give it to you over the counter.

Junior Member Grease Monkey faulksy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -==L=a=N=c=E==-
    splatt:

take the car into toyota, and ask them for the code for the radio (if its the stock radio) they'll happily give it to you over the counter.
    You sure? There is somethings a fee once a vehicle hits a certain age. They may happily give it to you aswell as your cash.

My suggestion is to write the code on the decks DIN. These decks are far from a target of thieves

Welcome to the Darkside! Automotive Encyclopaedia -==L=a=N=c=E==-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faulksy
    You sure? There is somethings a fee once a vehicle hits a certain age. They may happily give it to you aswell as your cash.

My suggestion is to write the code on the decks DIN. These decks are far from a target of thieves
    They may charge a fee, but certainly wouldn't be pocket hurting potential.

We've done this a few times at work, for a ford festiva, and the suzuki jimny's we use. We all wrote the code down behind the sunvisor just in case the car goes flat (and it happens often).

Can I Fondle Your Grease Monkey

My stereo code is 0000. Once you disconnect the battery the stereo locks out and you gotta punch in the code otherwise you cant do squat. Comes up with "sec" error. Hope this helps!

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Thanks for advice, I'll go for the splice first.
    Is it normally a 3 number code, or 4? Is it one that can be found by starting at 0000 and working through to 9999?or is there a self destruct/lock-up if this is tried?
    Havn't checked with Toyota yet, but have heard their code retrieval fee is over $100, with the age of it, makes more sense to just buy new CD,one without the cassette slot(any older it would take 78s,(it just sounds so good)

Junior Member Domestic Engineer crowncustom's Avatar

$100 just to press a few buttons on a computer is a bit steep.But keep going with working it out yourself if you have the patience.If not,you will have to go to Toyota and see what they can come up with.
    Cheers Brett.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic rob1's Avatar

your toyota dealer is also able to ditch the code from your stereo, whether they will do it or not is another thing.....

when you can now buy a pioneer or similar cd player for around $120, you wouldn't spend $100 to get the code for the f10.

Junior Member Conversion King TheStitt's Avatar

Ford gave me the code for free, they were quite helpful

I wouldn'rt bother splicing. Toyota is just a phone call away. You may have to take your rego papers down with you. Ford did want some proof I owned the car.
    ST177 UZS131 Crown Royal 'G' the pimping limo like daily 1UZFE 144rwkw

DST17T MS53 68 Crown Custom Wagon 7MGTE 266rwkw

ST185 GrpA #135 Automotive Encyclopaedia Toobs's Avatar

If it's the factory code they'll probably give it to you for free as suggested... if it's not then they will have to plug it into their stimulator thing to blast the code out (~$100).

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

ive tried to get the details on how they do it , havent been successfull tho , someone must work in toyota service and know how to do it.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic rob1's Avatar

They use a specific computer. A tech might be able to do it. But unless you have access to the right computer then you have to pay, or get them to do it.

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

Ive had it done before , (All on 5 year and older models) all they do is input a master like code in a special way and it deletes the code out of the radio, Didnt plug any device into the car , maybe the new ones work that way?
    D

Blasphemist Chief Engine Builder Bananaman's Avatar

Stop beating around the bush and just call them!
    KE20 CA18DET / RN25 12R / IS200 1G / NA MX5 B6