Thread: 7mgte injectors into 3tgte motor

Hooligans Holiday Grease Monkey kickstartRA28's Avatar

Default 7mgte injectors into 3tgte motor

Has anyone any knowledge on this procedure as I have just finished putting them in, I am running a stock ECU and now there is way too much fuel pumping thru the engine. Blows black smoke and you can just smell it and car is running like a hairy dog sniffing geckos.
    3TGTE might be old but it can still hammer along.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Default Re: 7mgte injectors into 3tgte motor

7mgte injectors are low impedence I belive, my 3tgte original injectors where high impedence. Do you have resistors in series with the 7mgte injectors if not I would seriously not run the car untill you do for fear of blowing the ECU injector drivers.

If the above is all goo you need to pull the top off the air flow meter (the black plastic lid. You will be confronted with a cog controlled by a spiral spring. You need to tighten this spring untill you get an appopriate air flow mixture. Note this is best done on a dyno. Also mark where the standard spot is so if you need to revert back.

Roger
    Last edited by 3jcelica; 18-04-2011 at 05:41 PM.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota

Default Re: 7mgte injectors into 3tgte motor

would probably make less power with the 7mGTE injectors if you somehow got it to run.

I wouldn't bother with stuffing about with the AFM - get an after market ECU and tune it to suit the larger injectors (and to also eliminate the MAF).
    ------------------------------
    ST185 road barge / MZ11 forest barge / RA65 garage barge