Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: All Japan Day finally comes to Sydney! 1 May 2011!

JZ junkie Grease Monkey Iron Chef's Avatar

Default All Japan Day finally comes to Sydney! 1 May 2011!

There’s a saying that good things come to those who wait, and after promising to come over your way for a couple of years, this year it’s finally going ahead!

We’ve packed up the All Japan Day juggernaut here in Adelaide, and we’re heading across the Hay Plain for Sydney town, taking out as much native Australian flora and fauna as we can along the way. All Japan Day Sydney will be held on:

Sunday 1 May 2011 at Silverwater Park, Silverwater (just near the bridge).

For those of you on Facebook, join the event page here:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...88209157883447

How did it all start?

All Japan Day was born in Adelaide in 2008 as a result of a crisis developing in the import motor enthusiast community. Local car shows involving Japanese imports were losing focus of what the enthusiasts wanted at a car show - a opportunity to admire and talk about the sensational vehicles on display with out being distracted by gimmicks or high entry prices.

The AJD committee comprises a core group of five car nuts, and events are run on a not-for-profit basis, with all money raised (once expenses are taken out) going to charity. For Sydney, it’s just $15 to enter your car, and spectators are allowed free entry (although we will ask for a gold coin donation at some point during the day for the charity we choose).

Which cars are eligible to enter?

It should first be noted that the AJD committee votes on every car that enters – your application is reviewed and then either accepted or rejected. Don’t let this discourage you from entering! Just make sure you have good pics of your car ready so we can see if we can work with it.

We’re looking for:

Pre-1985 classics – AJD Adelaide has quickly established a reputation for being the premier show for classic Japanese cars, and we’re really pushing to see what Sydney has to offer. Even if it’s a barn find, partly restored or in poor condition, we love our classics and would love to have you come along.

Clean original cars – when was the last time you saw a mint original S13 Silvia? Exactly! Last year we had a clean original Datsun 200B with period accessories that looked fantastic.

Modified cars – anything from mild mods right through to Time Attack-spec track cars.

Grey imports or even Japanese cars sold here new by the manufacturer. Aussie-built Japanese cars such as R31 Skylines are decided on a case-by-case basis.

Weird and wonderful – if you have something Japanese and quirky that makes the committee laugh and think you’re insane, then throw it in! Last year we had someone bring along a nice Toyota Coaster bus, it was hilarious!

What we’re NOT looking for:

Sex-spec cars – AJD is for cars that are more likely to feature in Zoom than Hot 4s. If your stereo has a higher output than your engine, then you’re probably in trouble. Lambo doors are out, dinner platter wheels are out, neons and white leather trim are borderline too, depending on the application. We have a ‘thing’ for cars that have a WOW factor for their engineering, not for how they look. Our theory is that we want to cater for the kinds of cars that other shows like Auto Salon wouldn’t normally accept.

Advertising - no banners will be allowed, aside from the AJD one that stands out the front of the show. Flyers will be allowed under windscreens (with prior permission from the AJD committee), and cars may have stickers advertising businesses or products, but no other forms of advertising are permitted.

Chains or fencing (or anything else that prevents spectators from getting close to your vehicle) - if you want to keep your bonnet closed that's fine, but if you're that precious about your paintwork, you will need to decide if displaying your vehicle is worth the risk. If the owner of a $750K Toyota 2000GT can display his car without roping it off, then you can too!

Segregation - no club displays will be allowed, and while we will be reasonable about keeping people together, don’t get the sooks on if you get parked away from your mates - the aim of the day is to meet new people and respect what they've done with their cars, not hide away in a corner with your mates.

How to enter:

Everything is done online via our website http://www.alljapanday.com.au

Make sure you have your credit card or PayPal details on hand, and a DECENT photo of your car on file before you begin applying. You will receive an email to confirm your application has been received if you’ve done it correctly. Later on you will get an acceptance email if your car has made the grade.

Entries are now open, so get cracking!
    I import stuff. Good stuff. Toyotas even.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic bigmat's Avatar

Default Re: All Japan Day finally comes to Sydney! 1 May 2011!

need a bbq?

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

so when you say you are more interested in go than looks, that means cars can look like balls can still enter? if so then count me in!
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

Might make the trek up.
    Project:RA65 with an engineered 1ggte conversion.
    Daily:MA61 - 5me stock auto shitheap.

trdee it can look like a smashed crab for all we care, it's what's underneath that counts. A couple of years ago we had a KE70 that looked like it had been pulled out of a paddock, but was packing a 1J under the bonnet, so it was approved....

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

Err how would I go with a fairly stock ma61 just on coils and 17x9 17x10 rims?
    Project:RA65 with an engineered 1ggte conversion.
    Daily:MA61 - 5me stock auto shitheap.

You should be fine

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

No advertising banners is okay, but I hope each club, especially Toymods, can have a club banner?

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

That's no probs as long as it goes across a windscreen

Toymods Vice President Chief Engine Builder TheToyman75's Avatar

Iron Chef,

Toymods has quietly been putting plans together for a Classic Jap Nostalga Picnic to be held In Feb each year. It was supposed to be launched in November last year for this Feb but it didnt get off the ground in time. We were looking at a much more casual event and limiting it to Classic Vehicles only. Sounds to me like what you have here means we wont have too

We will be watching this event closely and hopefully you get a great result with a solid support from the Toymods community.

Are you planning on it being an annual event in Sydney ?
    1971 2T-B Celica TA22 ST.
    1973 2T-G Celica TA22, aka "The Unicorn".
    1975 2T-G Celica TA27 GT
    1976 2T-G Celica TA23, aka "The Colonel".
    1985 3F Auto FJ62 Landcruiser
    1989 7M-GTE MA70 Supra, aka "The Poopra"

History: Rods Classic Celica Sampler thread.

Sounds great! We're happy to work with you (and have you work with us) in whatever way possible. It's planned to be annual yes, although I suspect we might try and pull the date forward a bit next year.

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Wow is there really going to be a 2000GT showing up at the event?

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

that was in SA
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Damned.
    would have really liked to have seen one in real life....bleh...

Toymods Vice President Chief Engine Builder TheToyman75's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Chef View Post
    Sounds great! We're happy to work with you (and have you work with us) in whatever way possible. It's planned to be annual yes, although I suspect we might try and pull the date forward a bit next year.
    Toymods has always been about getting Toyota enthusiasts together and if you guys are planning this to be an annual event then thats awesome.

I am already looking forward to your show and assuming all goes well (which I am sure it will) then I would love to see it an annual event on the NSW calendar.
    1971 2T-B Celica TA22 ST.
    1973 2T-G Celica TA22, aka "The Unicorn".
    1975 2T-G Celica TA27 GT
    1976 2T-G Celica TA23, aka "The Colonel".
    1985 3F Auto FJ62 Landcruiser
    1989 7M-GTE MA70 Supra, aka "The Poopra"

History: Rods Classic Celica Sampler thread.