Thread: Yokohama Advan fantasy Club sprint car build.

Forum Member Automotive Encyclopaedia motorculture's Avatar

Default Yokohama Advan fantasy Club sprint car build.

Yokohama Advan fantasy Club sprint car.

So this year I’m really looking forward to 2 events F1 in March and Yokohama Advan World Time Attack in August.

Last night I was reading the WTA blog via Yokohama’s blog and it occurred to me that I might be able enter the AW11 I’m building the only limiting factor is the $$$$ and if I will have enough of it before WTA day. Looking through the WTA club sprint rules they look pretty basic and most street registered cars could enter. The only thing that stopping me is the ROLLLCAGE!!!!

So the point of this thread? Let’s play a little ADVAN TRACK FANTSY CAR BUILD. I wanna hear what you guys would build if say Advan threw 100k at you and you were to build your daily and enter club sprint class.

What would you guys build, or even better post a pic that closely resembles your fantasy car???

Basic run down on the rules:
    - All vehicles must have current road registration and be driven by the owner of the vehicle.
    -No Pro drivers

Vehicles
    • All Vehicles must be available for purchase from a major manufacturer currently/previously as a factory OEM vehicle.
    • No Open Wheel vehicles, Clubman or Kit cars allowed, as determined by the Promoter.
    • All vehicles must have four (4) wheels with the steering acting on the front wheels only.
    • No center steer vehicles allowed.
    • No rear engine 6 Cylinder or above vehicles allowed.

Engine
    • Engine modifications are free with the following exceptions.
    • Vehicles must retain their originally designated engine and configuration. EG; if your vehicle came from the manufacturer with a Naturally Aspirated SR20 then it must retain this engine and aspiration.
    • OEM engine mount points must be utilized.
    • OEM engine configuration must be utilized.
    • All vehicles must use unleaded or E85 fuel.
    • Nitrous systems are not permitted.
    • All vehicles must have a full exhaust system exiting after the rear axle and compliant with CAMS regulations.

My fantasy Advan car would be my MR2 AW11

Car: Toyota 1989 MR2
    It would have:
    Engine: 7AGTE making 300rwkw Or 4agte (20v)
    Gearbox: TRD strengthen gear set to suit eastern creek, 2 way LSD, Exedy stage 2 racing clutch /

Suspension: everything I could buy and tuned by best in the biz.
    Body: carbon panels as per the rules, bride seat, partially stripped interior, 4 point harness, chromoly cage. Corner weighted for perfect 50/50 weight distribution.
    Wet weight: 900kg or less.

Wheels: 15x8 fronts 15x10 rear / Watanabe wrapped with sticky Advan AD08 tires for ultimate classic tuff man 80’s look. And has to be black and have the classic Advan theme.

What do you guys reckon? & what you would build?
    Automotive social media http://motorculture.com.au or call us on 02 9418 9008

For some daily car culture check out http://zengarage.com.au/

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

Default Re: Yokohama Advan fantasy Club sprint car build.

Car: Toyota 1986 MR2 Series 1

Engine: 4A-GTE, worked to 400KW++ (too many details to list) on E85

Gearbox: PAR Dogbox or sequential transaxle of some form. KAAZ 1.5way LSD, tilton twin plate clutch, lightweight steel flywheel.

Suspension: Bilstein dampers with custom valving and spring rates to suit, adjustable strut tops, TRD bushings, whiteline sway bars, RCA's and whatnot if required.

Body: Seam welded chassis, 6 point weld in rollcage, CF panels, adjustable rear wing, canards and splitter on the front including a duct from the front end up through the bonnet. Advan/software assist racing livery.

Wet weight: Whatever it ends up as

Wheels: Hasemi Motorsport Race Dish (search google images i cant post imageshack stuff from work)

Tyres: I think you can only use semis yes? In that case I'd go Bridgestone RE55S or dunlop DO3J's, otherwise racing slicks.

Misc: Velo apex CF seat, 6 point harness with HANS, fire suppression system, lexan windows, tilton pedal set.

----------------------------------------------------------
    Although In reality if I had 100k I would buy a used lotus exige and stick a turbo on it.
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

Gary Motorsport Inc. Too Much Toyota takai's Avatar

Testing posting, but also pointing out that in your original post you have built an ineligible car:
    Engine
    • Engine modifications are free with the following exceptions.
    • Vehicles must retain their originally designated engine and configuration. EG; if your vehicle came from the manufacturer with a Naturally Aspirated SR20 then it must retain this engine and aspiration.
    If block (designated engine) isnt free then you cant run a 7A in an MR2.
    -Chris | Garage takai - Breaking cars since 1998
    Sparky - AE86 IPRA Racer | RZN149 Hilux - Parts and Car Hauler
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

posting for white_sandshoe

Your little thread about fantasy sprint cars got me thinking...

Down side was, for some reason it wouldn't let me reply to the thread, so I thought I'd pass it on to you, and see if you thought it noteworthy to add to the thread.

With those rules in place, there really are a very limited number of toyotas that you could build that would keep them competitive.

The big killer is original engine and induction. Other than the MR2s and GT4 Celicas there really isn't much that can hold a candle to those two as far as power to weight and manouverability goes, not without building a big dollar, mostly unstreetable supra or something...

Then I got to thinking...

And I've got an idea...

End result will have a similar power to weight of a lotus exige, much better torque ratio and the bonus of either RWD or AWD, at the turn of the hubs...

70 series Landcruiser Cab Chassis GXL... Now, bare with me here...
    Sure, it weighs a little over 2 tonne and is a solid axle bohemoth, and sure, it sits a little high from the factory... Hell, its a bloody 4WD work ute.

But... If you took out the single turbo 1VZ and put in the twin turbo variant, you'd be making 260hp and 650nm before you even think about winding up the boost. Some suitably flowed turbos and a dose of LPG and its very achievable to get 500+hp and easily 1200nm of torque. It may even be possible to get that power from the original single turbo model...

Cutting as much unnecessary body weight out as possible would be key, with removal of the tray and carbon fibre front clip the order of business. May even do a roof chop to bring centre of gravity down too.

As for suspension, it would need to come waaay down, as well as turfing the offroad spec wheel and tire combo for something a bit more serious... I'd be heavily leaning towards ADVAN A048 in 315/30R18 on each corner to stand any chance of putting that much raw, brutal, skyscraper toppling torque to the ground.

With LSD stock, and option for lockable centres, as well as easy change between 4WD and RWD, once its converted to a quick ratio power rack and pinion, she wouldn't be as incredibly hard to pedal through a circuit as one might immediately assume.

And really, being able to have the psychological advantage from removing all question of the stability of your mental health, and confirming, to all that see you 4 wheel powersliding through corners, that you are, in actual fact, completely insane, it really has the potential to upset quite a few schools of conventional thought.

Anyways, there's my thoughts... Feel free to add it to your thread on my behalf if you so desire.

Cheers,

from G-Nut
    (aka Garnett)

lol that would be piss funny to see
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....

Toymods Club Member Conversion King big_zop's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trdee View Post
    lol that would be piss funny to see
    Not a 70 series, but close enough...

Landcruiser Time Attack Car by big_zop, on Flickr

hahaha, need to see one going sideways with an external gate out the quarter panel and all four wheels billowing smoke