Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Forum Upgrade Time

Lord of InterpretiveDance Chief Engine Builder tomvale13's Avatar

Default Re: Forum Upgrade Time

Pave paradise, put up a parking lot.

I learnt those lyrics from this site, years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzo View Post
    They cash in the empty can of whoopass they received in SA and receive 10c's per punch...
    They have to accrew enough for nose reconstructions as well as feeding his mime family. The dont talk much so they never need much water for their dry mouths.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota

Quote Originally Posted by Lambolica View Post
    Chuck, To answer your Comments.

None are taken as a whine, this is pretty much the default VB template with the colours changed to look somewhat like the old forum whilst the second template is built in the background.
    Simon, thanks for reply

I wasn't sure whether we were looking at a new design or the default template. I look forward to seeing the forum in final form.

What URL are you guys using for mobile access? or is the server getting the useragent out of the HTTP header and sending the appropriate content? At the moment my phone browsers aren't picking up an mobile-specific content. Or is the mobile version something that arrives after the new template is rolled out?

And, while it's in my mind. A question/suggestion about the Rep system. Can points expire?

I don't participate as much as I used to (I do a lot more lurking these days) but my Rep score seems awfully high. I was thinking that for the Rep system to give new/existing site visitors am indication of someone's current reputation (aka skill, experience, usefulness, notoriety, sexual prowess in the case of TomVale, etc) then that score should relate to their participation at that time. I've often wondered if it would be better if points either expired over time or reduced in value to reflect the timely nature of a user's Reputation. I can't remember if this has already been debated in the past but seeing as you're upgrading I thought I'd ask
    ------------------------------
    ST185 road barge / MZ11 forest barge / RA65 garage barge

I thought we'd removed it..? I can't see it anyway.

oh look, (notices weird star like imagelink) I can give rep.. interesting.. do we just not show it anymore?
    They cash in the empty can of whoopass they received in SA and receive 10c's per punch...
    They have to accrew enough for nose reconstructions as well as feeding his mime family. The dont talk much so they never need much water for their dry mouths.

Toymods Club Member #194 Conversion King Lambolica's Avatar

Chuck, there is a specific skin set for mobile that VB uses for the content, then picks up the useragent. I would have thought that it would have already been up and running from the upgrade, as most new features are turned on by default, however not so in this case. I need to find the setting in the backend and turn it on which I will do at first opportunity. I assume that the Mobile "skin" will most likely be the VB blue scheme unless it picks up from this template.

In regards to reputation. If you post quality threads to the site then dissappear for 12 months, other people will still read those posts and apply reputation. I understand your comment, however the reputaion system is used for permissions settings, so if they were to expire, then people would loose some of their abilities (avatars etc.)

Going back to the old forums.... No. the templates in VB4 are different and incompatable (to a large extent) with the old ones. Some things will be replicated as much as possible, others are just the new VB things.

Yeah Fonts are all out of whack all over the site. I'll shrink them where possible.

Keep adding comments, I am making notes as I go along even if I don't reply directly.

Cheers
    Simon
    Beige.... The new Black!!!

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic greywolf's Avatar

One thing to note about mobile access, sometimes mobile sites are not as comprehensive as the full site. There are times when I'd like to switch from the mobile site to the full site. Is that possible with Toymods ?

From what I have seen from other sites running the same version.... yes.

Purple is the new black! Automotive Encyclopaedia sillycar chick's Avatar

Sorry if its already been answered but where do I find the User CP on the new skin?
    51LII - 1972 TA22 Celica | Morpheous Metallic | 4AGE 20v Silvertop | Razorback ECU | W58
    Toyota Car Club (Qld)

Quote Originally Posted by TheToyman75 View Post
    There is not much hotter than a Freshly painted Celica, Unless its the reflection of a freshly painted Celica on a freshly painted Celica

The Aberrational Chief Engine Builder Andrew162's Avatar

Top-right under Settings
    Clicky -> THEN: 1999 RAV4/GT-Four Hybrid
    Clicky -> NOW: 1985 ST162 Celica SX (Gen III 3S-GE) - Kitted & Resprayed

TRIKKE | Video

Purple is the new black! Automotive Encyclopaedia sillycar chick's Avatar

Ahhhh thank you my friend
    51LII - 1972 TA22 Celica | Morpheous Metallic | 4AGE 20v Silvertop | Razorback ECU | W58
    Toyota Car Club (Qld)

Quote Originally Posted by TheToyman75 View Post
    There is not much hotter than a Freshly painted Celica, Unless its the reflection of a freshly painted Celica on a freshly painted Celica

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

can a distinction be made between the unviewed threads and threads with new posts since last visit like there used to be?
    Past Toyotas - Snow White (TA23), Blue Stivo (ZZE123)
    Current Toyotas - Hamster (AW11)
    Quote Originally Posted by X kyle X View Post
    the aw11 is rougher and more angular so it's sex Appel is more that of Sylvester stalone rather then brad pitt

The envelops don't change from open to closed (or visa versa?) and the title text turns bold?

Ninja edit: the old toymods logos will come back to indicate these.

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

yeah, that's the distinction for new posts to threads you've already posted in, what I'm talking about is new posts (to all threads) since last visit.

It used to be you could click on the 'New Posts' search and it would come up with all the threads with unread posts but after a couple of pages or however long since last visit there would be a break with 'the following threads have unread posts since previous visits' or some such.

Make it easy to work out what you do and don't want to search through in the New Posts, right now it's just going to infinity.
    Past Toyotas - Snow White (TA23), Blue Stivo (ZZE123)
    Current Toyotas - Hamster (AW11)
    Quote Originally Posted by X kyle X View Post
    the aw11 is rougher and more angular so it's sex Appel is more that of Sylvester stalone rather then brad pitt

I haven't used that specifically, I'll have to hunt around for that one.

I have gotten rid of the gap between the content and the Sig. (yes there is some weird line work there now)

I have activated the Mobile skin in standard VB4 Blue for testing. For comments in regards to the mobile skin please put comments in the Mobile thread So I can keep the separate.

CHeers
    Simon

Probably not a bug, per-sei, but whats the deal with the scroll bars being next to your own posts?

edit:

Is it because the presumption is you already know what you posted, in the case of long posts?

I don't see that (or haven't yet.) ... Strange