Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2011 Wakefield Park 6 Hour Regularity Relay

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Default Re: 2011 Wakefield Park 6 Hour Regularity Relay

Met Rob, he tried like anything to pump us for our strategy - LOL

We had a great weekend, we ended up 6th by race end, we were up to 3rd or even 2nd at one stage. We were more than happy with that considering that all cars (and a couple of drivers) had gremlins creep in over the Sunday. But nothing too bad and not much thaat couldn't be fixed and sent back out. The weather started out overcast and foggy but track conditions were fair. Steve M went out first and settled into a groove straight away, Harro did really well but his day ended with an oil pump failure. Scholzy was the fastest on track for a while, fuel pump gremlins attacked him, but got it sorted in the end. Steve and I did OK but were both feeling under the weather, however I went on to win a trophy for most consistent driver (with my 8 event laps) :shock: The last part of the event finished in the rain.

A big thanks to Neil, Dale, Mike and Leigh for all their help over the weekend, they were brilliant and enormously important to our result.

Phillip Island is in three weeks, looking forward to improving our result.

Team

Big Trev

Steve the ford man

Lowndesy

Glen

Harro

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Hi - it was great to meet both Trev and Rob over the weekend. Ashame you couldn't get the GZE Seca there Rob. I haven't got any photo's hosted anywhere to post up of the GZE Nova right now. We were awarded with 3rd place on the day which was huge buzz. I don't know how you guys went keeping out of trouble over the weekend, but Saturday evening we were down to 4 cars. Sat night with the help of some club members saw us do run up to Sydney for a wheel hub and Air-flow meter and got us back after midnight. Then whilst our first 4 ran in the morning, the other 2 cars were being hastily repaired. The rain came down with about 1.5hrs to go, and with team of AWD cars (except mine) helped us get onto the podium.

Leading up to the event I was thinking my goal time of about 1:20 would have been good to run at and leave me out of trouble of having to pass or be passed on track (based that on last years results), but this year seeing 18 entries with a lot faster metal than me, a 1:20 saw me having to deal with being passed every lap or 2 costing me seconds getting out of the faster drivers way (maybe I'm too nice?). I think a 1:16 or 1;17 would have been pretty good to sit at during the day giving a balance of not needing to pass too much or be passed, but anyway...

Had an absolute blast, and couldn't have done it without the help of many of our club members volunteering with timing etc.

Good luck for Phillip Island Trev - will look forward to seeing the results - and if I don't bump into you guys before next year - will hope to see you in 12 months time

Cheers - Craig

Junior Member Grease Monkey

congrats on the 3rd placing, I seen there were a few pits that had cars pulled apart at the end of practise so i thought there might be some oil burning into the night. We had issues with 2 cars all day Sat and were very surprised that all our team made it through without a breakdown.
    Hi, me and a mate race our AE82 4AGE and our AE92 4AGZE. Some pics of our cars, we have plenty on this link.
    http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n...lafinished.jpg

I am crap as a Conversion King SilverRA23's Avatar

Any of you gents want to run the Winton 6 hr in October? We have a spot in our team available in Team Rising Sun, which is a couple of Celicas..my Charade...and a Swift.

PM me if you want more details

Cheers

Adam
    Now - RA23-WRX
    Gone-KE10-KE15-KE35-TA22-AE71-Charade-AE82-MS47-KE15-AE95-MX32
    Need club rego or a CAMS licence in VIC? Join TCCAV www.tccav.org.au