Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Wakefield Park 6 Hour Regularity Relay

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Default Re: 2011 Wakefield Park 6 Hour Regularity Relay

After a bit of too'ing and fro'ing it looks like our team for the 6 Hour at Wakefield Park is locked in.

Drivers are:
    Steve the ford man - XE Falcon
    Steve M - EF Falcon
    ...Harro - EA Falcon
    Big Trev - XE Falcon
    Glen S - Mazda RX7

Team is:
    Leigh - Team Manager
    Mike I & Dale - Mechanics & Pit crew
    Mike N & Harro's mate - Timing (with relief from Dale)

All systems go, I will put in the entry form in the next day or 2

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Big Trev View Post
    After a bit of too'ing and fro'ing it looks like our team for the 6 Hour at Wakefield Park is locked in.

Drivers are:
    Steve the ford man - XE Falcon
    Steve M - EF Falcon
    ...Harro - EA Falcon
    Big Trev - XE Falcon
    Glen S - Mazda RX7

Team is:
    Leigh - Team Manager
    Mike I & Dale - Mechanics & Pit crew
    Mike N & Harro's mate - Timing (with relief from Dale)

All systems go, I will put in the entry form in the next day or 2
    Just following this as keen to have a go in the future. whats with the fords? is that an in joke? thought this was a toyota forum?

I know some of the people from the Vic Division who have done the Winton 6 Hour event quite well, so took the liberty to talk about the WP event as well. As you can see I have been a member here since 2006.

Are you going to dicriminate based on manufacturer?

Or are you going to be tolerant because of a common interest in motorsport?
    Last edited by Big Trev; 14-04-2011 at 10:39 AM.

Hey dont get your knickers in a knot. I was just asking a question ,which is why I asked if it was an in joke. I dont get on here that often . I watch it but dont post much is that a crime? and it is the toymods forum so thought people would be having a go in toyotas.
    If it was the ford forum I would not have been confused. I am not discriminating just expected you guys to be driving toyotas. I thought they might have been code names or something? If thats what you are driving its fine. I am only just getting into it and we were talking about wakefield 6hr at last weeks meeting and were thinking of getting a mr2 team into it. As a member had done it previously. I dont get on here much as there is not as much going on here for the mr2s than the other forums.

No knickers in a knot here brother.

I am a Winton / AASA friendly who takes whatever opportunity I can to support them, even if it means posting on 'others' fourms. It is no big deal to me, this whole ford.holden.toyota thing, I just like going fast.

It would be awesome if you guys can get a team together to enter the 6 Hour. Even if there is just a few of you who want to do it, contact Wakefeild Park, they might be able to place you in other teams

hey mate I was just confused as to why all fords on a toyota forum thats all. I like my mr2s I have 4 but also had 2 xfs. and have another toyota and 3 holdens and post on and join the mx5 guys on runs. so open to it all myself.
    We are just getting our club back and running after a bit of a lay off and trying to get some momentum going. so we will see about a team or join in as you said. hope to see you out there soon!

Only 6 weeks to go, we haven't had the car out since November last year so we are busting to turn a wheel

Junior Member Grease Monkey

I'm in a team too and looking forward to the day. If you see us in the Seca please come up say hi. Our team name is crowbar racing. What is the team name for you blokes so I can look you up on the day? Trev are you driving the orange falcon?

Hi, me and a mate race our AE82 4AGE and our AE92 4AGZE. Some pics of our cars, we have plenty on this link.
    http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n...lafinished.jpg

Celica Pilot Conversion King Gold28's Avatar

Good luck fellas, dissapointed I couldn't get my car there this year.

Crazy Chief Engine Builder 1JZ-Rolla's Avatar

me too

good times were had last year.
    AE71 Corolla 2 door window van - retired / JZA70 Supra - VVTi converted - sold

where are you staying? any motel you'd recommend?
    Hi, me and a mate race our AE82 4AGE and our AE92 4AGZE. Some pics of our cars, we have plenty on this link.

we are staying at the track.

2 weeks to go and there are 17 teams and they expect another 2, so it should be good

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Hey all,

Just been lurking this thread for a bit. I've entered as part of 'Team Autotech NSW WRX Club' in my Supercharged AE92 Nova. The car only ran on a club day at Wakefield for the first time on June long weekend. Heading to Wakefield on Thursday for Speed off the streets for some 'testing' as on the long weekend I busted my shoulder before I could get any timing equipment out.

I'm desparately trying to get some powersteering fitted and shorter rack by the event, but I don't think it's going to happen now. Might have to just put up with 5 turns lock-lock

But either way should be some fun.

Rob5000 - your AE92 looks like a weapon - what other events do you race it in? Mines just 'road registered' class, so nothing too hardcore...

hi Jeff, we've done a toymods day at wakefield once and about 7 tampered track days at Winton.
    Here it is going round wakefield 2 weeks after we bought it from some guy who was using it as a daily driver

We are keen to have a crack at the hillclimb in Canberra too, it pulls like a mule so we think it would go alright there. I've done a 1.45 at Winton in it but I reckon I can do a 1.44 next time.

Here is a link to the build thread on it on rollaclub forums if your interested 4Agze Powered Ae92 Track Car Build - rollaclub.com

Well we went racing and it was a full on weekend. The old 82 was very challenging to drive being setup for dirt and it was hard work pedalling it round the track. I seen Trev go past in a blur of Orange several times and met Chris with his gze nova.