Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: how to improve horsepower?

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Default Re: how to improve horsepower?

Quote Originally Posted by spectre1993 View Post
    O.K, so what exactly is a motorkahna club? I have never ever heard of one. Also I doubt I will have a local one as I live in a small country town in Australia.
    Hi. If you want to find out more about motorsport and events, where you can practice and learn driving skills from other drivers like myself in a safe controlled enviroment, go to cams.com.au or search for AASA which is another motorsport controlling body.
    If you wish to know more send reply and I will respond.
    Also I am a licensed CAMS event director based on the Gold Coast.

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Thanks for the info, I'l check it out and let you know if I have any further questions.

Not trying to be a Carport Converter

Here's some footage from the last blast superkhana over here. the course was being completed by the quick cars in about 42 seconds. gives you a vague idea what we're on about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3boM...eature=related

Spirited Backyard Mechanic Casey-G's Avatar

I kinda wanna comment on a few subjects here, but i feel its the wrong place/time..

All i can say is if you want to have fun in your car, go to a track.

One other thing i could suggest is having your motor reconditioned so its "up to spec" more or less with the way toyota wanted it to be.. spending money on any sort of modifications on a tired engine is not worth the effort, its also pretty amazing realizing how much power a motor has lost till you recon it.

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Cool vid thanks. It makes more sense now and I can say with confidence that there is nothing like that anywhere near where I live.
    Also, casey-G and anyone else, what things would you advise restoring/replacing so as to get my engine "up to spec" and refurbished.

I know nothing Grease Monkey damian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spectre1993 View Post
    O.K, so what exactly is a motorkahna club? I have never ever heard of one. Also I doubt I will have a local one as I live in a small country town in Australia.
    there isn't really a "motorkhana club" as such, it's just some car clubs do run motorkhanas, so they may be called a "motorkhana club" by some people.

you may be surprised at what is near you, even if you are in country or "outback" NSW...
    A club has to be affiliated with CAMS firstly, and not all clubs run motorkhana's, but a lot do.
    Motorkhanas etc in NSW 2011

check CAMS website and looka round, give them a call. Very friendly and helpful (from my experience)
    more info about Competing

a quick utube will give you a taste / idea of what a motorkhana is about
    my first effort
    basically going around a set course that is shown to you on a piece of paper, and you have to remember where to go as you enter the course. Good fun, and usually low speed, but teaches you a lot about car control.
    Street: RA23 with 18RG (off the road being rebuilt, rust cut out, etc, usual story)
    Track/Rally: TA23 with 18RG Cams Logbooked (my baby)

The amazing thing about common sense is it's not that common...