HI guys,
two nights ago as I was busy working some low life smashed the drivers quarter on my 1980 lift back. Pretty annoying I know, but what can you do. I managed to get another window from a club member,( No glass replacement shop had any) and got quoted 120 dollars for a shop to fit it. I decided to try and fit it myself to ease the pain a little. I have to point out that I have no experience fitting glass and am happy to have any other users add advice, or correct this thread.
Firstly I had to vacuum up all the smashed glass and then strip the interior out from the rear drivers side.

Then I needed to remove the B pillar cover and the chrome trim.

The cover will come off when you remove the six bolts behind it. The trim will then slide forward unless somebody has stuck it on over the course of the cars life.

The three nuts at the front can be removed with a long nose pliers or if your toolbox is well stocked a deepdrive 8mm.
The glass is held in its rubber, against the window by a metal frame, this is retained by 14 screws which I needed to remove.

Here is a passengers window showing the metal retaining frame and an absolutely shagged rubber.
Next clean all glass, rubber and surrounding frame.
Next I fitted the new glass back into the rubber and had a friend hold it in place while I tried to get it back onto the window frame.
At this point I must mention that a call to Toyota confirmed that there are no more window rubbers available in Australia, mine was pretty tired and if I stuffed it then there was nowhere else to go. I tried to use a piece of string to get it on its lip but this just cut into the old rubber. I eventually got it on with a couple of old butter knives that were really blunt and a lot of cursing.
I then used some silicon to seal it. I needed a neutral cure silastic or equivalent.

This is what I used, Supersheet for 9.99. I put a bead all around the window while it was still loose and then screwed the frame back in to retain it. Then it was just a matter of replacing all of the removed parts. I've got heaps more pictures of the steps if anybody else is forced to undergo this procedure.
Maurice.