Thread: Black Top 20V In EP91 Starlet

Forum Member

Smile Black Top 20V In EP91 Starlet

Hey guys just recently bought a 97 Startlet and finding it no very exciting @ all...
    but have been offered a Front cut of Levin corrolla for AWESOME price soo thinking
    of doin this conversion.
    Really Really keen to do this but i would like too see who has done this before.. hopefully someone on here can help me with this! just wana know how easy the engine goes in and see what else has to be modified eg Drive shafts, engine mounts etc..

If anyone can help would be really appriciated look to do this very soon!

Cheers Brett

Forum Member

Default Re: Black Top 20V In EP91 Starlet

More information... usual Glanza turbo conversion if out for mee because i have only just got my license back and the lovely RTA have put me back on my Green P's (HOMO's). so im looking to do something
    a little easier to have.
    I do know that P platers cannot drive modified cars so just trying to be abit sneeky about this...

BTW as u can see very new to this forum would really appriciate anyones help on this.. or even links to other threads!
    Learnt so far that Can do Glazna Front calipers wich are a bit bigger for front brakes and Glazna Rear Disc to Disc conversion but this is as much info as i have!
    Have seen a... from Memory a Blue EP91 with a Turbo 20V in @ Eastern Creek but cannot seem to find any thing on it any where..
    HELP NEEDED!

Time to spank the Grease Monkey

I'm pretty sure the C series gearbox in your Starlet will interchange with a C series from a 4A-GE?
    So then three of your mounts to hold the engine will bolt up using standard mounts. Go wrecker bashing and check. ;-)
    This is how some people have put 2ZZ-GEs into AW11 MR2s - same series gearbox makes things a fair bit easier. Similarly a 1NZ-FE would be a fair bit nicer than a 4E-FE, or perhaps just put a 5E in there.
    The joys of small engine bays...
    AE92 Lueno GT-Apex (zenki Trueno with a Levin front end) - BT 20V & LSD
    KE30 Tudor - 2T-GEU, T50, T292

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by holycrapbatman View Post
    I do know that P platers cannot drive modified cars so just trying to be abit sneeky about this...
    maybe you can suck it up and just be legal until you get off your greens?
    would suck to lose your licence again for longer

why not buy a bigger / less boring non-turbo car until you are off your P's?
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

Oh What a Feeling! Backyard Mechanic c2888's Avatar

http://hardcore.ep91.com/features_menu.html

You need to chop out the driver side chassis rail if you want to use the starlet mounts for the gearbox. This lets you use regular driveshafts.

Poke around the uk starlet forums and wheelsjamaica forum for some more clues.

I did it almost 3 years ago, still one of my favourite cars to drive. Lots of wiring, nothing really fits, I'd put a 1.5 in from a paseo for a touch more poke. But like others have said, buy a fastish car from the beginning. I did it when I was working at a wrecking yard so everything was on the shelf, and I had a wiring guru to mentor and guide me (rumor has it he can wire a 4age into anything in his sleep)
    The spanner in my avatar is actually a 16mm, that's why it's still new

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/licensing/...onditions.html

might be worth calling RTA and finding if the restrictions actually apply to you

However, the condition will be applied if the provisional driver is disqualified for an offence committed on or after 11 July 2005. In these instances, the provisional holder may be granted an exemption if they can prove direct ownership of their current vehicle at the time of the offence that led to the disqualification.
    but seems unlikely..
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!