Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: ----August Official Cruise ---- Sunday August 29th Jenolan Caves

Junior Member Conversion King TheStitt's Avatar

Default Re: ----August Official Cruise ---- Sunday August 29th Jenolan Caves

Quote Originally Posted by scarface4lyf View Post
    Actually, a miricle has happened for me and I can come after all, straight after my B'Day Bash. Do we have to book for the cruises or did you mean you just have them all arranged till the end of the year? Cheers for that.
    Yeah mate all locked in the Calender and most of them have threads in the events section
    ST177 UZS131 Crown Royal 'G' the pimping limo like daily 1UZFE 144rwkw

DST17T MS53 68 Crown Custom Wagon 7MGTE 266rwkw

Celica Pilot Conversion King Gold28's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DavGT4 View Post
    how could they not want to take frosty...!?
    Something about noise or something like that, it was a bit hard to hear their complaints whilst driving.......

This is the map of the meeting spot for anyone unsure

I'll be in the UZS131 (White 89 Crown) right at the end in the truck parking area, so get your breakfast and fuel before you come to the end.

Please all try and be on time I want to leave at 10am sharp so those that want to do a tour can.

Looking like fantastic cruising weather so see you all tommorrow

Stitt

any problems or you think your going to be late please call 0401624192
    Last edited by TheStitt; 28-08-2010 at 09:55 AM.

Junior Member Grease Monkey

i'll be there. finally finished installing new radiator and coilovers, looks like just the place to give a good testing

Junior Member Grease Monkey

great day stitt perfect driving weather.
    good to see a few new faces. drive up to oberon was great, always good to find a good pie shop.
    was agreat test run 4 new cooling system & struts
    hope u had a safe trip home u sure looked stuffed on the way down the m7

im a hardcore Backyard Mechanic LO01UX's Avatar

Good work stitt!

Was a awesome day and a really good cruise! Lots of fun twistys to test the new soarer out in i think i scared the gf a few times on the run down to the caves with the tight bends and that stupid commonwhore driver going the wrong way!!

all in all was a really good day and im looking forward to the night cruise

will put some pics up once the gf gets them off her camera
    BUILT NOT BOUGHT

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota RONA's Avatar

Looks like it was an awesome day out. That blue corona looks very tidy.
    If in doubt power out

Was a fun day out. Thanks Stitt. Girlfriend, my mate and I really enjoyed it. I think it may have got her into cars a bit more. Fingers crossed. NGood weather, Good cruise layout made up an all round good day.

Nice pics there trd. I have a few I need to get off my gf's camera which I shall post up.

LMAO at the commonwhore He looked pretty scared when I went past him.
    MA71 '89 Supra Targa - 7m-gte
    AE82 '86 Twincam Rolla - Smallport 4a-ge (Track/ Khana Car)
    BA '05 Falcon XR8 - Boss 260

Well good day out, I had a blast was a great change to the cold weather we have been having

For those that didn't come we had a large array of cars rock up at the meeting spot, a few FWD Rolla, a Cool KE wagon, My Crown a couple of Soarers, the Corona, a few MR2's and an IS300. Plus the Hilux's that went on their own adventure. (First water Crossing for ZZE92)

We headed up the M4, the Great Western Hwy taking the off road down to Jenolan Caves, the whole run up to turn off was fantastic windows down and stereo cranked was a awesome drive. Then it was down the hill through a whole heap of twisties, only to find some Commonwhore driver coming he wrong way up the one way road. HA!!

Once at the Caves a couple of groups of people headed of to do a tour, a few of the Bathurst guys meet up with us at the caves. We hung around a while people got a drink etc. We then left taking first tight then very flowing drive to Oberon.

I have never been to Oberon and really enjoyed the following/rolling drive from the Caves to Oberon and then back to Jenolan Caves road and the scenery was fantastic. From Oberon we headed back towards the Great Western Hwy, turned left at Mt Victoria and headed towards Bell, a quick catch up and then a run down the Bells line of road home.

So we had about 15 or so cars a great however longish day out. When I crossed the M4 on the M7 my trip computer showed 340km's for the day. Then there was the drive back to Canberra (which my g/f did)

Was great to see some new faces and I hope everyone had a good day. I look forward to seeing you all on Sat 25th of Sep for the night cruise, which should be very similar roads to what we traveled on the weekend.

Thanks to all

Stitt

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

Was a good cruise, although I was quite sore after doing that many kms in the faildub. It's becoming less and less of a car to do cruises in with each mod, need to buy a soarer or something for cruises now...

Also wtf at that commodore driving the wrong way!!!! I was going at a *fair* rate of knots only to find him just after a blind corner. Bricks were dfefinately shat, thank fuck I still have my semislicks on lol
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

Some of photos we took of the day. Sorry if all of you aren't in them.

MA71 '89 Supra Targa - 7m-gte
    AE82 '86 Twincam Rolla - Smallport 4a-ge (Track/ Khana Car)
    BA '05 Falcon XR8 - Boss 260

Toymods Board Member Chief Engine Builder Hiro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ca5pa View Post

Harold from Neighbours needs to get his front bar fixed
    AE102 - Charlene the Old Faithful, Reborn
    JZZ30 - Lexi the Spacecruiser, 1JZGTE>>3SGE. 200rwkw, hunting Skylines and n00bs in SS Commodores
    ST162 - Charlie the non-ghey Celica, 3SGE>>4AGE. GOOOOOOOONE
    AE82 - Rosie the Bitsa from Hell, 70.8kw atw. Has been converted into garage space and money at last
    KE55 - Billie the Beast, sadly missed

What an awesome day, again....

First up, thanks to Stitt for putting in the time and kms to make sure the people who enjoy driving something to do with their Toyota on the w/e.......also, it was great to see so many new faces, and cars.

Quote Originally Posted by TheStitt View Post
    Plus the Hilux's that went on their own adventure. (First water Crossing for ZZE92)
    It would have been two but the recent rain/snow fall in the area had the creeks up and flowing. The second crossing was a little too serious for a fun day out......actually the first crossing was a little more than I had expected, but the Surf was looking just a bit too clean.....

Junior Member Domestic Engineer ZZE92's Avatar

Yep - as everyone has said above, thanks to Stitt for planning a good drive. The road out to Oberon sounds like it would've been a great one, although possibly not the most enjoyable in my chosen vehicle for the day!

Thanks also PeteH for the tag-along tour of some of the tracks out there. Some pics below:

My first water crossing:

This one was (as Pete put it) a little too serious and meant turning back..
    Cheers,
    Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by MR 1JZ View Post
    the snatch has been through hell and back and is still kicking!

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Smile Re: ----August Official Cruise ---- Sunday August 29th Jenolan Caves

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
    Harold from Neighbours needs to get his front bar fixed
    Yes, I will try and get that done shortly.

It was a great cruise, good weather, roads and scenery.
    Last edited by rossgw; 31-08-2010 at 12:39 AM.