Thread: Leaf Corolla spring saddle insulator rubbers?where to get??

Touching Automotive Encyclopaedia Aust162's Avatar

Default Leaf Corolla spring saddle insulator rubbers?where to get??

Hi everyone, not too sure what the correct name is, but i would like to replace the leaf spring pack insulators (the rubbers that fit between the u-bolt mount plate,the leaves and locate on the king pin) on the back of my corolla panelvan. KE70.

I have seen a corolla somewhere on this site (ke25? maybe) with shiny red (urethane) insulators. I want these because it will make my car look cool because they are red and you can see them when you drive behind me..... (im kidding. my rubber ones are perished badly)

I have contacted so far, pedders, superpro, ironman 4x4 and nolathane with no luck!

On the Nolathane/redranger website they do make leaf spring insulators, none specific to a corolla though and according to the measurements on the site they do not have any that will suit

check here:
    http://www.nolathane.com.au/catsize_search.php bushes no# 14 are the insulators

springs are 51mm wide, so need I.D measurements of the insulators as close to that as possible (51-53mm?). length is 115mm, O.D of insulator is 63mm.

Any tips, info, links appreciated. Hopefully someone on here with an old corolla know what im talking about!
    *hearts* his 4age powered KE70 Panelvan!
    Hi, Im enthused about corollas..

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Re: Leaf Corolla spring saddle insulator rubbers?where to get??

I did some googling (i'm bored at work) and found this place: http://www.scottsoldautorubber.com.au/

they have: N71676 Spring bushes urethane - re shackle - van/wagon

these people also say they have them (or something that sounds like it): http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/i...owtopic=439592

I have no idea if these guys are trustworthy, but hopefully this is of some help.

Hey Dangerous Beans, thanks for the heads up. but unfortunately they are only listing shackle and eye bushes that i could see? no spring pack insulators.

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Aust162 View Post
    Hey Dangerous Beans, thanks for the heads up. but unfortunately they are only listing shackle and eye bushes that i could see? no spring pack insulators.
    ah, sorry about that. I don't know much about leaf spring suspension.
    Good lcuk with the search.

Junior Member Grease Monkey TRD-12A's Avatar

i know your in victoria but there is wholesale suspension in penrith and blacktown here in sydney they have everyhting for anything maybe its worth giving them a call and maybe they can get it down for you

Today i went to the wreckers and grabbed some insulators from an rt104 corona. same exact size etc and in a lot better nick than my old ones! These will have to do for now, need the car up and running again.

2sc Breaker!!!! Backyard Mechanic bmxer54's Avatar

Old thread i know but the part number is 48372-22010 and i was able to source genuine from toyota.
    My Rides:
    1x Brown St141 corona csx. powered by a gen 2 3sge, 1x RT142 turbo 1UZ, cd009 and G series, 1x Gj Sigma Scorpion injected and turbo'd, 1x KE30 2TG, w58 and F truetrac, 1x RT104 18RG, w58 and F truetrac