Thread: 2jzgte help

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default 2jzgte help

I recently posted about my mates supra 2nd turbo not coming online, and narrowed it down to the air intake valve vaccum switching valve . I tested it by apply power to the vaccum switch and blowing through it to see if it came out the other side, which it did not. I thought i would try to use a electronic boost control solenoid instead of the VSV, as it works the same way ( wen boost is apllied to the common it will blow through the NO port on the solonoid, and wen power is applied it will flow from the common to the NC boost nipple much the same way the vsv works )

anyway so after wiring and plumbing the boost control solonoid, the second turbo is boosting eg we are seein like 12psi of boost, but there is a massive dead spot between 4krpm and 5krpm. And sometimes the 2nd turbo wont come on until like 6krpm. also its like the intake air valve it staying open sometimes as the first turbo is only boosting like 3psi and you can hear what im assuming is a massive boost leak back through turbo 2 and out of the air filter. Occasionally the 2nd wont come at all either

My thoughts are that i need the proper VSV as it would properly pulsate better than a boost control solonoid would. OR the air intake valve is sticking open, or the Actuator is sticking

any help/thoughts are greatly appreciated as this thing is doing my head in

cheers, michael

Is a Chief Engine Builder wilbo666's Avatar

Default Re: 2jzgte help

You have to be careful with how you plum the boost control solenoid in, otherwise you might set it up so that the IACV actuator isn't able to close once it has been opened!....

If you using a solenoid with COM, NO & NC you would need to have the COM port going to the actuator and the NC connected to the pressure source.

When the ECU goes to open the IACV it powers the Solenoid so pressure flows from NC to the COM port to the actuator.

When the ECU goes to close the IACV it unpowers the Solenoid and the air that was used to open the IACV actuator is allowed to flow from the COM port to the NO port to atmosphere. If you don't allow this air to be released then the IACV won't be able to close (I.e. if you have the NC port closest to the IACV actuator)

Have you measured the resistance of your factory VSV?

If the resistance is OK then I would try to use a small bit of wire down the ports to unblock the port/s.

As another note if you still can't get it unblocked it is also it is possible to disassemble the VSV so that you can attempt to fix it / remove the blockage...

Cheers
    Wilbo
    Wilbo's Wiki (Includes 2JZ-GTE Wiring, etc! )

Wilbo's JZA80
    Wilbo's JZZ12

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Re: 2jzgte help

u know what mate i cant beleive that didnt click with me that makes perfect sense why the IACV valve was staying slightly open. i will try to unblock the standard VSV, and no i didnt check the resistance at the time as my mate doesnt have a multimeter.

thnks heaps