Thread: Emanage Ultimate and New Laptop

Non qualified Domestic Engineer

Default Emanage Ultimate and New Laptop

I bought a new laptop with Windows Vista installed, the other week as both the old 1 and the desktop died.
    I have tried to get get it to talk to my Emanage Ultimate, but it won't communicate with it, saying the connection got interrupted.

Occasionally it would actually connect, but only for enough time to actually get the set up that is in the EMU.

Can anybody tell me exactly where to find the Serial Code for the installation (I forgot )? I have tried the bar code on the box, there is a number on a sticker on the EMU unit itself and I have tried it both with the letters that precede the numbers and without.
    Regardless of the Serial Code I put in, the software installs onto the computer no worries.

I have tried all USB ports and 3 different cables.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldcorollas
    except for a very few exceptions
    "Don't worry what people think, they don't do it very often."

Daily: Glorified Taxi (F6 Typhoon). Out Of Action: Twin-charged Adub. Ongoing Nightmare: Over re-engineered (not) Alfa Romeo 75.

Add Lightness! Grease Monkey spectral's Avatar

Default Re: Emanage Ultimate and New Laptop

64bit or 32bit Vista? If its 64bit, trying running it in compatibility mode (right click on the application (not the shortcut) and then Properties, then compatibility.

You can also right click on the program (again, not shortcut) and "Run As Administrator". That can help with older applications as well that are trying to access certain devices and directories etc.

Some more info here, http://groups.google.com/group/e-man...stall-e-manage

Notably:
    **FOR MICROSOFT VISTA USERS**

You must perform the following steps PRIOR to beginning steps 11 and 12:

-A. Locate the Marketplace Software, LLC folder. The default location for this folder is:

C:\Program Files\Marketplace Software, LLC,\e-manage version 5.0

-B. Locate the "Live Update" folder within the "e-manage version 5.0" folder

-C. Locate the "e-manage Live Update.exe" icon within the "Live Update" folder

-D. Right click on the "e-manage Live Update.exe icon

-E. From the context menu, select "Run As Administrator"
    Hope this helps
    Westfield Clubman SEi - 4AGE Blacktop, T50
    RN90R Hilux XtraCab - VT V6 (yeah yeah) ,4L60-E, 3.583 LSD

Non qualified Domestic Engineer

Default Re: Emanage Ultimate and New Laptop

Quote Originally Posted by spectral View Post
    64bit or 32bit Vista? If its 64bit, trying running it in compatibility mode (right click on the application (not the shortcut) and then Properties, then compatibility.

You can also right click on the program (again, not shortcut) and "Run As Administrator". That can help with older applications as well that are trying to access certain devices and directories etc.

Hope this helps
    Thanks for a reply . I wasn't really expecting much input, just hopeful.
    It is 32 bit version.
    The link you posted looks like it's referring to the Emanage (blue) rather than the Ultimate.
    I had a mate look at it who is quite capable on computers (former IT guy) and he was doing something similar to the stuff mentioned in the link but no joy.

Looking at getting another cheap laptop with XP on it. Mate needs 1 with a serial port anyway, so it kinda kills 2 birds with 1 stone.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldcorollas
    except for a very few exceptions
    "Don't worry what people think, they don't do it very often."

Daily: Glorified Taxi (F6 Typhoon). Out Of Action: Twin-charged Adub. Ongoing Nightmare: Over re-engineered (not) Alfa Romeo 75.