Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Superlap Time Attack at Eastern Creek - Friday 21st and Saturday 22nd May, 2010

Crazy Chief Engine Builder 1JZ-Rolla's Avatar

Default Re: Superlap Time Attack at Eastern Creek - Friday 21st and Saturday 22nd May, 2010

Yep i'm still keen, will be back from overseas just in time.
    AE71 Corolla 2 door window van - retired / JZA70 Supra - VVTi converted - sold

how much is Too Much Toyota JustenGT8's Avatar

Default Re: Superlap Time Attack at Eastern Creek - Friday 21st and Saturday 22nd May, 2010

I'm up for a day trip Sat?
    Lily Simpson 6.7.2010
    R.I.P.

Sounds good, i'll put it in the calendar. Is the Audi wagon ready for a run to Sydney, or did you leave it poser-parked at the country club

A front CV boot has let go I'll replace that when i put the new airshocks in....maybe in time?
    Lily Simpson 6.7.2010
    R.I.P.

[BNS70Y] + [BNS20Y] Backyard Mechanic

I got my media passes in the mail, yay

See you guys out there...
    Ben...

Forum Member Grease Monkey

I will be there running my MR2. I should really be waiting for next year as the car is not completely sorted but will still be there to be part of the show.
    Drop in and say hello if you see the car around the pit's
    http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=57986
    Hillclimb, Special stage, short circuit. long circuit. Four layouts, Five rounds over two days.
    www.ultimatetrackdaychallenge.com.au
    Winton: 1.37.4/Wakefield: 1.08.1/Eastern Creek: 1.48

Good stuff mate, i'll keep an eye out for it and say gday if you're not too busy.

Cheers
    Phil

Don Mega Chief Engine Builder X kyle X's Avatar

deff going to this
    The GOD HAND AW11 - sold

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showth...ight=kyle+AW11

AIDS infestation - HCR32 Skyline - the jesus foot?

Forum Member Grease Monkey

Im in garage 26 with a R33 GTR. Should be good!
    http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=57986
    Hillclimb, Special stage, short circuit. long circuit. Four layouts, Five rounds over two days.
    www.ultimatetrackdaychallenge.com.au
    Winton: 1.37.4/Wakefield: 1.08.1/Eastern Creek: 1.48

if anyones going, please check this thread:

http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/sho...ewpost&t=59233

much appreciated

cheers
    ed
    ../delete/ban
    tech moderator
    E46 M3 Nürburgring Nordschleife - 8.38

Times in testing are insane!! Supertaxi lap record could get pipped and these guys are on semis!! This became top end, big dollar racing pretty quick
    Lily Simpson 6.7.2010
    R.I.P.

yerpp, and hence why i was bummed to see the supra would only ever be eligible for the pointy end class
    ../delete/ban
    tech moderator
    E46 M3 Nürburgring Nordschleife - 8.38

Building Corollas Chief Engine Builder Cuzzo's Avatar

There were some lower spec classes. Im sure the 1uz could have kept up. Only one v8 VY out there. Need more V8 1uzs!
    KE30 4agte - Bullet - Rick Rolled
    UZX83 1UZ W58- Cruiser - Tow Car - Fun Car
    Quote Originally Posted by -GT- View Post
    You had an oil and plastics engine bay fire, with flames that reached at least to the roof - of course shit got hot, it wasn't burning jiffy firelighters back there.

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

The Glenney EVO (Pulse Racing?) was awesome... running 1:36s in open class... that's faster than half the pro cars that were out there.
    Awesome day though, hope this continues for a few years yet as it's a great, affordable day out.
    The Jap teams are awesome as well. None of this secret squirrel behind chains and locked doors stuff that the Aussie guys do. The Jap guys all invite you right into the garages and love 'chatting' about the cars to as many people as they can in their best mixed up broken Jingrish. I'd invite them back any day.

The atmosphere felt more like a big track day than a race meet and was really relaxed.

The only negative I have is the way they did the Drift event.
    It would have worked better if they did some Time Attack stuff, ran the drift heats, did some more Time Attack stuff, ran the drift 1st round finals, more Time Attack, Drift Semis and Final and then more time attack. The way it was with the 15-30 minute breaks and delays between Drift rounds just got way too boring with all the waiting around.
    Last edited by MR22ZZ; 22-05-2010 at 11:30 PM.
    Past Toyotas - Snow White (TA23), Blue Stivo (ZZE123)
    Current Toyotas - Hamster (AW11)
    Quote Originally Posted by X kyle X View Post
    the aw11 is rougher and more angular so it's sex Appel is more that of Sylvester stalone rather then brad pitt

Building Corollas Chief Engine Builder Cuzzo's Avatar

Agreed Dylan. I was pissed there was soo much drifting. Like 2.3Hours of drifting.

Umm i want to see time attack not fucking drifting. They did it in one hit cause they needed to clean the track afterwards.

Drifting FTL unless your doing it. Its just like burnouts.
    KE30 4agte - Bullet - Rick Rolled
    UZX83 1UZ W58- Cruiser - Tow Car - Fun Car
    Quote Originally Posted by -GT- View Post
    You had an oil and plastics engine bay fire, with flames that reached at least to the roof - of course shit got hot, it wasn't burning jiffy firelighters back there.