Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 3tgteu on Mega squirt?

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Default 3tgteu on Mega squirt?

Anyone running one on a 3tgteu? Just finishing the build of mine after 3 years just wondering if anyone has some base maps to get me running. Also I am using the extra spark so if anyone has applicable maps for spark I am keen also

Thanks

Hide Yo Kids Hide Yo Wife Carport Converter hamgatan's Avatar

Default Re: 3tgteu on Mega squirt?

i think, and correct me if im wrong, but stark is running this setup on his TA22.. hes also distributing MegaSquirt EFI in oz.. you might want to send him a PM and see if he can help you with it in some way..
    B7 2005.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro Turbo Keepin' My Pimp Hand Strong
    GDB 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX Stock and Unmolested!
    JZZ20 1988 Soarer GT Twin Turbo
    1JZ-GTE + R154 + LSD | Black Knight Still being Assembled
    JZX90 1993 Mark II Tourer V 1JZ-GTE + A340E | 270rwhp
    Z20Soarer.Org - The definitive resource for all xZ20 Owners.

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice 3T-GTE's Avatar

Hi 3jcelica,
    I'm also in the process of rebuilding + squirting my old 3T-GTE, & would also be interested in finding someone else who has done it.

I've done a few MegaSquirt installs on various rotaries, but never a 3T-GTE.
    The only contact I have who I know who's done this is Mikko Kaariainen in Finland, however his is setup as fuel only & is a MS-1. I can PM you his e-mail address if you like.

I've built a MS-2 v3 board & am looking to also control ignition, however, I've been too busy with other projects, so it is on hold for now.

While I'd still be interested to share info with you, I'm also not sure if once I've tuned my map if it will work for you, given the upgraded turbo running 1.4bar / oversize bore / custom manifolds, etc..

What sort of setup are you running? MS-1? Is it a standard or modified engine? Are you looking to replace the distributor?

I'm keen to hear how you go.
    - 3T-GTE

3T-GTE,
    can you share your fuel and ignition? i have one new MS2 Ver3 too but going no where on this setting..

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

guys/girls have you tried using the VE estimator thingy? i think it was Perry or Erics little program, to get you started with a base map.

have you got all the settings done and lookign just for VE/spark? or you need all settings?
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

is it the table generator inside Megatune?

Altia ER34 GTT Domestic Engineer JetspeedCamry's Avatar

Don't mean to hijack..but how much do one of these fetch, and where can you purchase from? Any info on them around?
    Kind Regards,
    Kurt.

1998 ER34 ニッサン スカイラインGT- T
    RB25DET 5 Speed Manual | Blitz SE Return Flow FMIC | Greddy Profec II Spec B BC | Apexi N1 Turbo Back Exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by CHB
    is it the table generator inside Megatune?
    it is? i can't find it in 2.25.... back in the old days it was standalone

jetspeed.

www.msefi.com

start reading

diyautotune.com sell them reasonably priced..

as for tables.. start with something like 20VE for cruise/decel (40-60kpa?) sloping steadily up to 95-100VE at 100kpa.... and then linear above 1atm.. is 200kpa = 200VE.. lower rpm, where you are offcam and idle etc will have lower VE of course... once you start playing you will see what happens wuickly (ie start with no load etc)
    for timing... it varies so much but... sayy...20deg at 100kpa and 30deg at cruise kpa?? and boost? retard x degrees per boost... start very conservative and go from there...
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

Junior Member Too Much Toyota

stu- v2.25 of megatune has table generator built in. When you open the fuel or spark map editor windows (under the fuel or spark menus), it's available to you in one the windows menus..

the maps it generates do need reasonably truthful estimates of:
    -redline RPM & MAP
    -idle RPM
    -max torque RPM & MAP
    -max power RPM and MAP
    and it can generate maps that make you run very, very rich.

As for timing maps, there's a very useful thread (with many attachments) here that you should spend some reading,

holy moly! i didn't notice the tools on those pages

i did notice the "autotune" tho
    i have so much to read up on when i get back

thanks for the links!

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice 3T-GTE's Avatar

CHB, I don't have any maps yet, as I'm currently rebuilding the engine. After the last race outing at Mallala it doesn't quite have the same "punch" as it used to.

I'd go with the table generator to set up your base map & then go for some very conservative + safe settings, then start tuning from there.

My engine is also probably going to be quite different to your's with oversized pistons, high-flowed CT-26, 550cc injectors, etc...
    I'm also looking to potentially stroke it - if I can offset grind the crank enough to fit some perfect-sized rods, so this will take it to a 1973cc engine which I'm sure would make the map different to the standard 1770cc.

How are you planning to tune once you have got a base map? Do you have / or can borrow a wideband O2 setup?

Stewart, when are you planning to be back? I'm planning to get together with a few fellow MSers here in Vic, but also keen to catch up with a few people interstate on one of my work trips.
    Cheers,
    3T-GTE

yeap i plan to get a Wideband O2 from DIYAUTOTUNE. quiet regret didn't get it at once when i purchased my Ms from them..do you mind to tell me what conrod r u going to use in order to increase the stroke?

Quote Originally Posted by 3T-GTE
    Stewart, when are you planning to be back? I'm planning to get together with a few fellow MSers here in Vic, but also keen to catch up with a few people interstate on one of my work trips.
    Cheers,
    3T-GTE
    a while... minimum 1 year... maximum? no idea
    i should be coming back about this time next year for at least a holiday...

one thing is going on now.. wanna ask you guys's opinion
    eventually i plan to run ignition control from MS via distributor VR sensor.. but after reading some articles, i plan to use back my OEM ignition system (toyota ignitor and coil).
    can i share the signals from the VR sensor between MS and the ignitor? can i just splice the VR sensor wires (red and white), and run 2 wires to MS and another 2 to the OEM ignitor? in this way i can run fuel control from MS and OEM ignition system.

MR 18RG Chief Engine Builder The Witzl's Avatar

I've started building my MS-2 with V-3.0pcb, and will hopefully have it running on the 18R-GE in a couple of months. It's a similar engine to the 3T-GTE, if you remove the whole twin-spark shite from the 3T....

Just gotta pick up the nice Vishay resistors from S(L)oanar and one or two other bits, and it's complete

Once i've played more, i'll add my feedback here
    ...... butt scratcher?!