Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: --- May Official Event ---- Classic Celica Appreciation Day Sunday 23rd

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic HAIRY_APES_22'S's Avatar

Default Re: --- May Official Event ---- Classic Celica Appreciation Day Sunday 23rd

Craig the baker Automotive Encyclopaedia puzzle man's Avatar

Default Re: --- May Official Event ---- Classic Celica Appreciation Day Sunday 23rd

Thanks to the board, and nice catching up with you guys its been a long time.
    Had heaps on fun, and I will put some pics up soon..
    Time is priceless yet it costs us nothing.
    You can do anything you want with it but you can't own it.
    You can spend it but you can't keep it.
    And once you've lost it, there is no getting it back, it's just gone."

Junior Member Conversion King TheStitt's Avatar

Well awesome day, great turn out, glad every one had a great day, sorry some of my phots aren't in focus but I hope you enjoy em all

Rest of the photos
    ST177 UZS131 Crown Royal 'G' the pimping limo like daily 1UZFE 144rwkw

DST17T MS53 68 Crown Custom Wagon 7MGTE 266rwkw

Toymods Board Member Chief Engine Builder Hiro's Avatar

Had a great day out, weather managed to hold off on us which was good as it wasn't looking particularly inviting on the freeway trip down (and the accident didn't help things either). Great to see so many cars from Newy too, seems like they only crawl out of the woodwork for Celica days though I'll load up some of my photos when I get home, work computer is a little testy when it comes to external USB/memory cards (security reasons).

Venue was great, BBQ top-notch as always (and the gelato cups an excellent addition to round off the meal). Getting all the generations out in a line was awesome, as you looked down the line you could really see some of the progression between models, then the sudden jump to FWD and then the further evolution. Trivia was a little on the noggin-scratching side, and not having a pen handy meant that I didn't bother filling it out, going back and looking at the answers I would have got 9 right (1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 14, 16, 18, not including guesses or the "points at River's car" for 17) so in hindsight I probably should have filled it out . Not bad for someone who's never owned or driven a 1st-Gen, and only ridden in one twice.....

The 162 handled the day with as little drama as we've had from her (which isn't saying much), oil pressure and the associated rattles reared their head on the drive down to Wisemans but behaved themselves after that (bottle of oil on the drive home helped too), tyres only really slammed into the guards two or three times (which is an improvement), and the sunroof managed not to leak any more (nothing worse than having Chinese Water Torture performed on you whilst driving).

Apologies go out again to the Cressida I accidentally bumped on the ferry, moving frame of reference and a slight lack of concentration on my part led to the unfortunate incident, at least no damage done and both parties understanding.

Speaking of incidents, any word on what caused the off in the twisties on the road to Wisemans? Couldn't work out if it was the AE71 or the R31 involved, but rocks on the road and a big cloud of dirt indicated that something had gone down.
    AE102 - Charlene the Old Faithful, Reborn
    JZZ30 - Lexi the Spacecruiser, 1JZGTE>>3SGE. 200rwkw, hunting Skylines and n00bs in SS Commodores
    ST162 - Charlie the non-ghey Celica, 3SGE>>4AGE. GOOOOOOOONE
    AE82 - Rosie the Bitsa from Hell, 70.8kw atw. Has been converted into garage space and money at last
    KE55 - Billie the Beast, sadly missed

Why am i always a.. Domestic Engineer RAAAH23's Avatar

I saw a blue cressie on a trailer on the way back. Front passenger wheel was pretty deep inside the gaurd.
    Cheers, Alex

- 1976 TA23 2T-GTE GT3076 ID1000cc E85 Haltech PS1000, W58, G Series Diff, B45 Simmons

Craig the baker Automotive Encyclopaedia puzzle man's Avatar

My pics are here..

Thanks for you time,
    Craig
    Time is priceless yet it costs us nothing.
    You can do anything you want with it but you can't own it.
    You can spend it but you can't keep it.
    And once you've lost it, there is no getting it back, it's just gone."

Board Member Domestic Engineer DavGT4's Avatar

Just got through all the pics and comments... seems like it was a fantastic day considering the looming clouds. Really bumbed I couldn't make it down there. The Purple Poo decided to catch a cold, so didn't want to risk breaking it .
    There's nothing better than to see so many Classic Celica's all in the one spot showing off how awesome they are. As it's been said, it's all you guys who come along that makes these events the sucess they are...

Hopefully we'll see all of you and the Celica's back out for ToyotaFest 2010 in October..!!

Cheers,
    Dav
    Last edited by DavGT4; 24-05-2010 at 11:58 PM.
    Dav Hoban
    Board Member

ST185... Lucifer! - he's back on the road again, woo!
    RA23... The purple poo! - less squeek, more rattle

Toymods Board Member Chief Engine Builder Hiro's Avatar

Some of my photos - apologies to the TA22 guys, I started at the other end, then got distracted by food, then talking, then the trivia, then the group shot, and then going home

Least-ugly RA40 I have ever seen

If it weren't for the people/cars in the back, would make a great classic brochure shot

A Camry engine finally being put to good use. Mortarboard air plenum not standard.

Somehow one of the Fords must have slipped through the gate....

Someone has to love the RA65s.....

Need to practice my focussing - cars at the front are in, cars at the back aren't...

AE102 - Charlene the Old Faithful, Reborn
    JZZ30 - Lexi the Spacecruiser, 1JZGTE>>3SGE. 200rwkw, hunting Skylines and n00bs in SS Commodores
    ST162 - Charlie the non-ghey Celica, 3SGE>>4AGE. GOOOOOOOONE
    AE82 - Rosie the Bitsa from Hell, 70.8kw atw. Has been converted into garage space and money at last
    KE55 - Billie the Beast, sadly missed

Celica Pilot Conversion King Gold28's Avatar

Well I had a few comments at work today. People wanting to know if I knew anything abou all the old celicas running around on Sunday. They sem to have turned a few heads travelling in mass.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

i have to admit, i loved seeing everyone stopping to watch us go by, although i doubt we made a good impression at some of those lights good to see im not the only one with a lead foot

1941cc 2T-G Domestic Engineer w810sc's Avatar

more to come...
    deepdishfactory
    2T-G - Half the valves but twice the fun.

more to come...
    deepdishfactory

more to come...
    deepdishfactory

more to come...
    deepdishfactory

more to come...
    deepdishfactory