Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Group Buys - The Rules !

  1. #1
    Toymods Vice President Chief Engine Builder TheToyman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    3,211

    Default Group Buys - The Rules !

    # All Group Buys Must be approved by the Board. For Discussion on any area please contact Rod Try and/or River.

    # All Group Buys are discussed at the monthly Board meetings which are held on the Tuesday before the monthly Club meeting. As such delays may be encountered in gaining approval.

    # The Items for sale must not conflict with any items available from Forum Sponsors.

    # The Group Buy organiser must not make any Finacial gain from the sale of the listed items other than the benefit of purchasing the items involved at the Group buy acheived bulk purchase price.

    # The total Group Buy quantity must equal the total quantity sold on the Toymods forums. (Note: The quantity of items in the group buy does not have to be specified in advance.)

    # For a group buy to be considered there must be some advantage to the Toymods Purchaser such as a discount on the normally availble price or access to parts otherwise not realistically available.

    # Group Buys can only be run by Financial Club Members and Forum Sponsors

    # Group Buys can only be started in the Group Buy section of the classifieds (Note these threads are moderated prior to releasing, approval by the board still applies.)
    Last edited by Lambolica; 12-04-2011 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Rule Update
    1971 2T-B Celica TA22 ST.
    1973 2T-G Celica TA22, aka "The Unicorn".
    1975 2T-G Celica TA27 GT
    1976 2T-G Celica TA23, aka "The Colonel".
    1985 3F Auto FJ62 Landcruiser
    1988 1G-GZE Crown GA131 Hardtop
    1989 7M-GTE MA70 Supra, aka "The Poopra"
    History: Rods Classic Celica Sampler thread.

  2. #2
    Toymods V8 Member Too Much Toyota CrUZida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    8,214

    Default Re: Group Buys - The Rules !

    Quote Originally Posted by TheToyman75 View Post
    # The Group Buy organiser must not make any Finacial gain from the sale of the listed items other than the benefit of purchasing the items involved at the Group buy acheived bulk purchase price.
    While its all well and good to have the rule, its kinda pointless as you have no control over it.
    And if you find out they are going to make financial gain? cancel the group buy? ban the user?
    what if people have already paid them? are you going to chase them up to make sure they pay everyone back?
    what if he's already paid the supplier and the gear is on the way? are you going to stop the purchasers from getting their product?
    Rule has good intentions, but does not work in the real world.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheToyman75 View Post
    # The total Group Buy quantity must equal the total quantity sold on the Toymods forums.
    So what happens, if say after the products are ordered, one (or more) of the buyers pull out?
    The organiser of the group buy is not allowed to try and sell it elsewhere and thus is forced to sell it on Toymods? Which could take up to a few months?
    What if he ends up selling it at a loss on Toymods, is the board going to make up the difference?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheToyman75 View Post
    # The total Group Buy quantity must equal the total quantity sold on the Toymods forums.
    So we can't use a group buy across multiple forums? Thus enabling a greater discount for all involved.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheToyman75 View Post
    # For a group buy to be considered there must be some advantage to the Toymods Purchaser such as a discount on the normally availble price or access to parts otherwise not realistically available.
    That comment is kinda redundant, and it sums up the whole point of a group buy in the first place.


    Apart from that, the rest make perfect sense.
    Peewee
    1985 MZ12 Soarer - 1UZ Powered
    2013 86 GTS

  3. #3
    Junior Member Too Much Toyota RONA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    7,493

    Default Re: Group Buys - The Rules !

    Quote Originally Posted by CrUZida View Post
    So we can't use a group buy across multiple forums? Thus enabling a greater discount for all involved.
    Certainly agree with this point, say you need 40 ppl to get a decent price but can only fill 20 orders on toymods and can obtain an additional 20 buyers from another forum.

    At the end of the day the greater Toyota community still benefits and Toymodders would not of been able to access the product at that price otherwise.
    If in doubt power out

  4. #4
    Toymods Vice President Chief Engine Builder TheToyman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    3,211

    Default Re: Group Buys - The Rules !

    Cruizida,

    Point 1

    The rules are a model of what we expect and desire. Just because something may be difficult to enforce does not make the rule any less required. The alternative is we Bann group Buys. Which do you thing is the prefered option ?

    Point 2 and 3

    If someone orders product for a group buy without getting a deposit or payment prior to ordering then thats a risk they have decided to take. In saying that we wouldn't attempt to stop someone from selling off a single unit or two that was left over due to circumstances beyond their control

    If a multi forum Group buy was being organised it would considered on its merit.


    Point 4 may seem redundant, but you dont hae to read through my emails


    At the end of the day all group buys will get discussed on their merit just as they are now. These rules just make it easier for all to be aware of what we expect before contacting the board to ask about one. Thats why rule one has the nominated contacts to discuss anything that may be outside the guidelines.

    If there is a clear benefit to Toymodders, and its not seen as a money making scheme or Business commencing enterprise for the organiser then chances are it will get approved.
    1971 2T-B Celica TA22 ST.
    1973 2T-G Celica TA22, aka "The Unicorn".
    1975 2T-G Celica TA27 GT
    1976 2T-G Celica TA23, aka "The Colonel".
    1985 3F Auto FJ62 Landcruiser
    1988 1G-GZE Crown GA131 Hardtop
    1989 7M-GTE MA70 Supra, aka "The Poopra"
    History: Rods Classic Celica Sampler thread.

  5. #5
    Toymods V8 Member Too Much Toyota CrUZida's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    8,214

    Default Re: Group Buys - The Rules !

    Quote Originally Posted by TheToyman75 View Post
    The rules are a model of what we expect and desire. Just because something may be difficult to enforce does not make the rule any less required. The alternative is we Bann group Buys. Which do you thing is the prefered option ?
    Granted we don't want them banned, but it just seems a bit pointless to me to have a rule that you can't really enforce. Why not just have something more realistic like 'Please refrain from profiteering through a group buy. They are here to assist the greater Toymods community and not the individual. We realise that we have no control over this, but we ask you to do the right thing'
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToyman75 View Post
    If someone orders product for a group buy without getting a deposit or payment prior to ordering then thats a risk they have decided to take.
    There are cases where people have genuine reasons for withdrawing, even after they've paid.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToyman75 View Post
    In saying that we wouldn't attempt to stop someone from selling off a single unit or two that was left over due to circumstances beyond their control
    Its good to see the Board would be happy to remain flexible when flexibility is needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheToyman75 View Post
    Point 4 may seem redundant, but you dont hae to read through my emails
    Granted I don't, and I'm thankful for that!
    Peewee
    1985 MZ12 Soarer - 1UZ Powered
    2013 86 GTS

Similar Threads

  1. Group Buys - is approval a bit of a joke?
    By roadkill in forum Forum Troubleshooting & feedback
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 25-11-2009, 11:22 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •