Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toymods Home Page

Why am i always a.. Domestic Engineer RAAAH23's Avatar

Default Toymods Home Page

Hey Guys

Just a quick thought, the Toymods Home Page is abit bland and in need of dire attention. I was thinking (Not always a good thing) if you guys wanted to implement somthing similar to the AusZcar home page.

Somthing that displays Financial Member Cars in an article with specifications and pictures or Toymods Events like the MEGA Cruise or Track/Dyno Days. I would say it would certainly liven up the site as a whole and create that little bit more incentive for Non-Financial Members to become apart of the club financially.

I know it would take a big effort to implement somthing like this but certainly not impossible. Somthing more creative needs to be done, the current home page might stray away prospective Members to the club who see somthing so "unorganised".

But just a thought to keep in mind

Thanks
    Cheers, Alex

- 1976 TA23 2T-GTE GT3076 ID1000cc E85 Haltech PS1000, W58, G Series Diff, B45 Simmons

Don Mega Chief Engine Builder X kyle X's Avatar

Default Re: Toymods Home Page

I don't think it looks "unorganised" at all...the right word may be a little out-dated or non active...but definatly not unorganised...

But I think it would be good for a homepage change.....would be awesome...

It would be good to see a 'featured rides' thread...much like how JDM style tuning do their homepage....

It gives potential club joiners a oppurtunity to see some of the amazing rides the toymods guys have built...might give them something to aspire too...

Unfortunatly it is a lot of work though
    The GOD HAND AW11 - sold

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showth...ight=kyle+AW11

AIDS infestation - HCR32 Skyline - the jesus foot?

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

I could always put up the most handsomest men in Toymods list. With pics and covering articles on them. It would be something that all new members (male ones) would probably find highly inspirational. And, I'm sure the girls would love to see it too!

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

Quote Originally Posted by X kyle X View Post
    I don't think it looks "unorganised" at all...the right word may be a little out-dated or non active...but definatly not unorganised...

But I think it would be good for a homepage change.....would be awesome...

It would be good to see a 'featured rides' thread...much like how JDM style tuning do their homepage....

It gives potential club joiners a oppurtunity to see some of the amazing rides the toymods guys have built...might give them something to aspire too...

Unfortunatly it is a lot of work though

yes your right i couldnt quite put it like that when i wrote it haha..

i think the effort would be worth it. Id put up my hand in helping design a template for the articles and implementing it.
    Cheers, Alex

- 1976 TA23 2T-GTE GT3076 ID1000cc E85 Haltech PS1000, W58, G Series Diff, B45 Simmons

umop apisdn Chief Engine Builder twentyEight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RAAAH23 View Post
    Somthing that displays Financial Member Cars in an article with specifications and pictures or Toymods Events like the MEGA Cruise or Track/Dyno Days. I would say it would certainly liven up the site as a whole and create that little bit more incentive for Non-Financial Members to become apart of the club financially.
    Whilst I agree with most of what you said, displaying Financial Member Cars would be the worst thing to do when a lot of Financial Member's have their cars displayed in the Financial Member's Rides area so that not everyone off the street can see how valuable there cars are worth, amongst other reasons.

Displaying them on the home page would make this useless.
    ([][][]II--LT--II[][][])

Green '77 RA28 Celica - VVTi V8 Goodness...

Building Corollas Chief Engine Builder Cuzzo's Avatar

I dont see whats wrong with it?

Most people go straight to the forums
    KE30 4agte - Bullet - Rick Rolled
    UZX83 1UZ W58- Cruiser - Tow Car - Fun Car
    Quote Originally Posted by -GT- View Post
    You had an oil and plastics engine bay fire, with flames that reached at least to the roof - of course shit got hot, it wasn't burning jiffy firelighters back there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzo View Post

this is true.. but people who come to the site straight off see this page thats 'out-dated' and think the only thing this club has to offer is a good knowledge base in regards to the forums and might be put off becoming a club memeber.

All in all im not trying to argue the point, just put it out there. I wouldnt mind seeing proper articles of nice clean toyotas from the 70's to the 00's with specs and stories of how it came about. Not to mention the gallery section is well outdated and using imageshack to post albums isnt exactly professional.
    Cheers, Alex

Blasphemist Chief Engine Builder Bananaman's Avatar

most people here already know what the site is about - brand new people going to the home page i don't think really get that thorough an idea of what toymods is about, the fact that there is a fincancial club as well as the forums, etc etc
    KE20 CA18DET / RN25 12R / IS200 1G / NA MX5 B6

Building Corollas Chief Engine Builder Cuzzo's Avatar

How would people find out about toymods without knowing its ultimately forum based?
    KE30 4agte - Bullet - Rick Rolled
    UZX83 1UZ W58- Cruiser - Tow Car - Fun Car
    Quote Originally Posted by -GT- View Post
    You had an oil and plastics engine bay fire, with flames that reached at least to the roof - of course shit got hot, it wasn't burning jiffy firelighters back there.

Don Mega Chief Engine Builder X kyle X's Avatar

IMO I believe toymods gets most of it's good reputation through having a fairly active and successful cruise 'culture'

Most people that I know that know about toymods all know about it via the meets and events that toymods holds not normally the great forum it is or the people that are on it
    The GOD HAND AW11 - sold

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showth...ight=kyle+AW11

AIDS infestation - HCR32 Skyline - the jesus foot?

Blasphemist Chief Engine Builder Bananaman's Avatar

How would people find out about toymods without knowing its ultimately forum based?
    Toyotafest? Cruises? Car magazines?
    KE20 CA18DET / RN25 12R / IS200 1G / NA MX5 B6

Craig the baker Automotive Encyclopaedia puzzle man's Avatar

Honestly every body needs to go and look at the home page as if they have not been in this forum and has NO IDEA
    what the club is about or what it dose.

Then come back in here and say I'm wrong.

I got a ticket to a workshop run by a National geographic photographer
    and I showed him a little book I have of my cakes and photography,
    he like all my shots and then stared talking about RA28s as there were some pics in my book,
    he said how he really liked them and used to have two,
    so I told him about toymods.net and we have cruises and car shows he said he would have a look.

Got an email weeks after from him saying theres no info on shows or cruises (this was about 7 months ago)
    and I said that the clubs very strongly forums based theres heaps of info
    but you have to register before you can see most stuff and its very Nazi controlled,
    even though theres double standards.

Its sad as years ago if I seen a nice Toyota I would give the person a flyer for the club and tell them how theres nice cruises, car shows and meetings,
    now I don't even mention the club as a club...
    Thanks, Craig
    Time is priceless yet it costs us nothing.
    You can do anything you want with it but you can't own it.
    You can spend it but you can't keep it.
    And once you've lost it, there is no getting it back, it's just gone."

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by puzzle man View Post
    Its sad as years ago if I seen a nice Toyota I would give the person a flyer for the club and tell them how theres nice cruises, car shows and meetings, now I don't even mention the club as a club...
    Thanks for your support.

It's disheartening to know that despite the cruises and events we hold, plus the running of the forums, means so little to you that you don't even recognise the Club that makes it all happen.

You've been on the Board and spent a lot of your own time organising cruises and helping run the forums and Club, and you know it does take time and effort and its all done voluntarily.

You may not agree or like how we do or run some things, but we do what we can and we do it 'cos we love our cars and want people to enjoy them too, and to be a part of a larger family of like-minded people.

It saddens and annoys me to know you are out there doing your bit to make sure that people do not know about the Club.

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

Junior Member Too Much Toyota RONA's Avatar

Point to note there is no need to sign up to the forums to view the Cruises & Events section anyway. Perhaps old mate is just inept at using the internet.
    If in doubt power out

Craig the baker Automotive Encyclopaedia puzzle man's Avatar

Oh don't get me wong I know how much time and effit it takes to run the club and most of the time its a thankless job and then you get pricks like me who are not members but telling the board how to run there club.
    This might surprise you but I did not mean to come in here to make trouble I was making a point.
    The board agreed as a hole that the forum was/is a tool for the club, not the forum is the club so when someone is given a flyer at an event or on the street and they go to toymods.net. and see no content shore they might go to the forum but is the forum the 1st impression you want? not what you want is it! Have a nice day
    Time is priceless yet it costs us nothing.
    You can do anything you want with it but you can't own it.
    You can spend it but you can't keep it.
    And once you've lost it, there is no getting it back, it's just gone."