Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW Forum Feature - Infractions

Building Corollas Chief Engine Builder Cuzzo's Avatar

Default Re: NEW Forum Feature - Infractions

Well i just wrote a whole heap and pc stuffed up! grr

Just get rid of infractions would make me happier.

Edit: Disclaimer: Ive never been a mod, nor a financial member. I think opinions would only be powerful if experienced both side of the fence
    KE30 4agte - Bullet - Rick Rolled
    UZX83 1UZ W58- Cruiser - Tow Car - Fun Car
    Quote Originally Posted by -GT- View Post
    You had an oil and plastics engine bay fire, with flames that reached at least to the roof - of course shit got hot, it wasn't burning jiffy firelighters back there.

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia roadkill's Avatar

Hi,

agreed with getting rid of infractions. Srsly seems like woftam.

Though throwing an option out there!

Is it possible that people can only have a sig when they have a rep of say 100? If this could be setup can it be made that you CAN have a comment regarding wanted items in you sig ONLY if you have a link to your wanted thread? Lets face it, how many people have been looking for stuff and gotten it through talking in different threads ie the Classic Celica Dedicated thread, or even their respective build threads versus putting something in the wanted thread. I've listed a few wanted threads and never had a single hit on them.

bEn
    FJ40 landcruiser
    HJ47 landcruiser
    FJ55 Landcruiser
    MS65 Crown

GT4 Freak, and Conversion King Squid's Avatar

Disable sigs altogether?

I have disabled for my profile and the forum looks neater and I can't see what this fuss is about!
    ST185 GrpA #116
    ST165 GT4 Project Car - Soon with v6 goodness.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full, rather the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Gary Motorsport Inc. Too Much Toyota takai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Squid View Post
    Disable sigs altogether?

I have disabled for my profile and the forum looks neater and I can't see what this fuss is about!
    And the irony is that you have a sig
    -Chris | Garage takai - Breaking cars since 1998
    Sparky - AE86 IPRA Racer | RZN149 Hilux - Parts and Car Hauler
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

GT4 Freak, and Conversion King Squid's Avatar

lol so I do. It is within the rules

But it seems 99% of the fuss around these infractions is to do with sigs, and the sigs (generally speaking) add nothing to the technical content of the site, so disable them - no further problems.
    ST185 GrpA #116
    ST165 GT4 Project Car - Soon with v6 goodness.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full, rather the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Opinionated Arsehole Backyard Mechanic

Edited post.
    Last edited by 4DaDrift; 16-12-2009 at 06:43 PM.
    Punctuation is the difference between...
    'I helped my Uncle, Jack, off his horse'
    and...
    'I helped my uncle jack off his horse.'

umop apisdn Chief Engine Builder twentyEight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4DaDrift View Post
    Have you not learned by now, that a cliquey group of people, that tend to hold control, decide what goes, according to their interests, and not the greater interest of the community ?
    Yeah, how fucking dare a President, Vice-President, Treasurer, & Secretary decide how this Car Club runs it's forum...

How dare they hey?

You clearly a a fucking knob with no fucking idea and I can't believe you have made comments like those you have posted above... I rarely have a dislike for people, but you have certainly shown that you have a major disrepect for the way things are... Don't like it, fuck off somewhere else.

Mods, feel free to delete or edit this post as I'm just sick of the bullshit you guys cop for doing what has been bestowed apon you.
    ([][][]II--LT--II[][][])

Green '77 RA28 Celica - VVTi V8 Goodness...

200kw atw swapper Backyard Mechanic TIMTAMS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YLD-16L View Post
    The forums are beginning to remind me of Police Academy 4 - Citizens on Patrol.

To a lesser extent it reminds me of the 1971 'Stanford prison experiment'.

It'll be interesting to see how it all pans out......

HAHAHAHA i was just thinking how this reminds me of a highway patrolman! Why so serious orificer
    KE55 3TGTE 234rwkw 11.7 @ 119mph
    Suzuki B-King 10.2 @ 135mph
    FPV GT daily SC 5L 390rwkw 11.9 @ 121mph

Toymods V8 Member Too Much Toyota CrUZida's Avatar

I feel like I'm back in High School...

(btw, Karl, your sig is 6 lines, please change it...)
    Peewee
    1985 MZ12 Soarer - 1UZ Powered
    2013 86 GTS

lol, the ironing!

vBulletin Message
    You are not allowed to give warnings or infractions to Moderators.
    not that i meant it, i just wanted to try out this new toymods! brand pussy whip

now im sad
    ../delete/ban
    tech moderator
    E46 M3 Nürburgring Nordschleife - 8.38

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

Here we go again...

I spend far too much of my time on these forums listening to whingers that can spot all the problems with the forums and offer no solution. Then there are the others who are quite happy to point out problems and then offer some advice and solution, but never turn up to any meeting or event. So many e-advisors, yet nothing in person.

The "cliquey" group is the same tired, beaten up bunch of people who hold the mantle purely because every one else is too lazy and lack the testicular fortitude to actually come to a meeting and make an attempt to get involved with the running of the Club and the forums.

We have our AGM early next year. If you want to change things, then come along and put yourself up for a position on the Board. Trust me, we'd be more than happy to let you in and run the place.

Maybe then we can swap roles, and show our e-wangs by slagging everything you do.

seeeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

Quote Originally Posted by river View Post
    Then there are the others who are quite happy to point out problems and then offer some advice and solution, but never turn up to any meeting or event. So many e-advisors, yet nothing in person.
    you cant be serious? (y so srs!)

do read newspapers river, or do you wait for the paperboy to come to your clubhouse to let you know whats going on in the world in person?

im not sure why i care, when its clear you guys dont.

and fwiw, the 'club' IS cliquey. there is so LITTLE sense of the club within the forums, i suspect the 'club clique' is kinda happy to seclude itself. i dont go to events cause im not in the clique, and im pretty sure my lack of celica isnt missed anyway! lol. pretty sure ive tried to highlight the need for the 'club' to increase its visibility on the forums, but alas, i prob needed to front up with a whiteboard to a meeting and spell it out in red and blue texta

the only reason i try to stay a member is so i can help out online, and stump up the numbers of level-headed maturity on the mod team, but mate, if you give no fark for my suggestions/criticisms unless i present them in person..well, obviously my role isnt needed, and you should un-mod me, take me off the member list, and delete me rides thread. (not that i think im currently paid up as i dont own a physical cheque book, or have time to draw up a goddamn telegram to get you a money order)... but i digress...
    Last edited by ed; 25-11-2009 at 10:24 PM.
    ../delete/ban
    tech moderator

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

Actually Ed, despite you come across as an arrogant cock at times, I concede that you do offer some good advice and opinions - specifically the forum/club look on the web site, and more so the group buy. I have put an email to the Board today regarding the group buy issue. So, it is not like your voice is not heard.

Agreed there is so little of the Club on the forums, and this is evident by the sad lack of attendance to Club meetings where there is only the Board in attendance, and maybe one or two others. Everyone knows when there is a Club meeting on, but no one turns up.

You don't go to events because you don't want to. The events are posted up in the cruise/events section and also in the calender. Don't give me this cliquey-shit excuse for not turning up to a Club meeting or an event, which is an open invite to everyone.

If you want to be removed as a mod etc, then take that up with Rod. However, I'd like you to come to the next Board meeting. We can discuss group buy, infractions/rep and also the look of the forum/club presence. Rather than be limited to PMs and emails, it will allow a more robust and fruitful discussion of ideas and opinions. Will you come?

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

i cant come. i work late on mon nights. i occ make it to pizza afterwards. i had a night free the other week, and drove past looking to see if i'd randomly struck a night that co-incided with a meeting, but didnt.

and pigs ass i dont 'want' to come to events. i worked my bum off to get the car to toyotafest and ended up, yup, working. dyno day had jase take my car cause i was, er, working.

as for the plethora of other events? yeah, not so much interested. my feeling - theres an distinct impression of a clique, and i know im not alone in that impression. maybe im wrong, narrow minded, whatever. doesnt help when the 'club' deliberately emphasizes itself in contrast to the forum group, smacks down rulings from board meetings, and yet, as mentioned, has near no other visible presence.

to the internet community (who win on numbers, and general clubbish/community type activity) the 'club' is a small group of friends who like remind us that they are the 'real club' going way back before the internet, and have meetings somewhere that noone much else attends. sound a bit cliquey?

and no, i dont want to quit being a mod, but fark, if noone gives a shit about feedback, doent inspire much. thanks for forwarding an email to the board. wouldve been good to know, otherwise could just seem like you were ignoring the whole discussion....

edit -unless you mean board meetings? wtf are they? dates/times/details? ive never heard/seen/been invited to one before. if it doesnt clash, ill come
    Last edited by ed; 25-11-2009 at 11:02 PM.
    ../delete/ban
    tech moderator

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia roadkill's Avatar

Hi,

i like how everyone just completely overlooked my idea, yet i think it seems to be about the only one thrown up isn't such a bad one.

Unless my e-wang is so small that it was missed. Or it could be that i'm not a moderator. I have a gen 1 celica so it's not that.....

bEn
    FJ40 landcruiser
    HJ47 landcruiser
    FJ55 Landcruiser
    MS65 Crown