Thread: Looking for advice on turbo size..

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Default Looking for advice on turbo size..

Hi guys,

I'm looking for your thoughts on turbo sizing as 1 persons thoughts or advice might not be the right one..

Its a 2JZ with the lot pretty much.. I'm running 1600cc injectors a Motec m800 cdi ignition

The motor has taken almost 1 year to put together but it has everything in it..Big cams, forged internals, blah blah blah

I have been through 1 turbo already Trust T88 and swapped it for a GT45r. The motor is at the dyno shop and Kim has said it might be TOO laggy and I do want to drive it now and then but mainly shows, dyno and 1/4 mile.. Of course I want max power like every one else but I do want a car I can drive.. I have searched for flow charts and powerbands but when I purchased the 45R I was told a powerband of 5000rpm..( I could live with that) Now being told 6000 rpm I think it might be a pig to drive

I have engine builders sorting out turbos and stuff like that but I am just fishing for advice and thoughts from a few of the experiened guys on here..

I was thinking about the T51R spl, GT42r ??

Clutch is a tilton c/c total weight with flywheel is 4kg so it will help spool a little..

Thanks,

regular fella Conversion King chris davey's Avatar

Default Re: Looking for advice on turbo size..

Firstly, welcome to Toymods

What are the specs on the GT45R you have now?

I think you should wait until you have driven it before swapping etc. as you may find out that it is fine for street use.

I would probably be asking some people who have similar setups and I don't know anyone on Toymods that has mega crazy 2jz's. There was a thread I was reading on www.supraforums.com.au about turbo choice. The guy was already running a t51r and was going to downsize but there was a lot of good info there.

What exact sort of hp are you aiming for? When you say 5000rpm you can live with, are you reffering to full boost then? building boost etc.?
    Quote Originally Posted by MR 1JZ View Post
    that interior is so jap...just looking at it makes me want to kill a whale
    QUICKEST 1JZ'S IN OZ