Thread: silvertop A/T ECU plugs and 20v 4age Auto loom Q

20v Silvetop / A40 3spd 1st year Apprentice

Default silvertop A/T ECU plugs and 20v 4age Auto loom Q

Dudes, dumb question time.

I have a complete 20v silvertop that is going into my suzuki sierra.

I have an A/T ECU, engine that had an auto transmission attached which has the complete loom and coil, ignitor, afm, airbox etc....

initially looking into the loom I can only find two plugs that fit into the ECU. There is one plug that I cannot locate or just isn't there, I don't have it with me so i cannot remember if its the far left plug or far right plug when looking at the back of the ecu.

Anyone got any ideas?

I have read HEAPs on the net about this but not about a missing plug...can anyone help? 'm planning on tackling the wire up this weekend and want to make sure i've covered all my bases.

cheers
    Dan

Cunning Linguist Domestic Engineer The Last Streetfighter's Avatar

Default Re: silvertop A/T ECU plugs and 20v 4age Auto loom Q

I think you have 2 x engine loom plugs and 1 x body loom plug that go to the ecu.
    Did you download the pinout diagrams from Club4ag or twincam or Phil Bradshaw's (NZ) page?
    That should help
    AE90 Silvertop - GONE; 2001 ST215W GT-T Manual - SOLD; EP82 Starlet GT - Sold
    Now driving 20V Turbo 1.8 N-S FWD

Quote Originally Posted by The Last Streetfighter View Post
    I think you have 2 x engine loom plugs and 1 x body loom plug that go to the ecu.
    Did you download the pinout diagrams from Club4ag or twincam or Phil Bradshaw's (NZ) page?
    That should help
    Home tonight and have grabbed the ecu its a 26 plug, 16 plug, 22 plug setup. I am missing the 22 plug on the right hand side when looking at the back of the ecu.

I've made some inquires else where and people are telling me that I may be able to find a similar plug on corollas down at the wreckers, sometimes used in different applications on toyotas of the same era, has anyone actually done this? I'm going to have a poke around tomorrow morning and see how I go. I have downloaded every possible wiring diagram from Phil bradshaws, Club4ag, and every other random website out there that has the info so i'm not short of wiring information. just a pain in the ass really as good old Andrew at CVAP told me EVERYTHING was there to run the motor when I bought it. i call BULLSHIT!

but anyway, its been close to 18 months in the build so this won't hold me back. If anyone knows of aftermarket plugs that fit let me know, I was planning on getting a mate up on the weekend to wire it up but thats not looking promising now.

I should add though that Andrew's service was excellent and he delivered my engine to Bentleigh free of charge on his weekend off which was very good of him.
    Last edited by dank; 24-09-2009 at 11:57 AM.

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Mate,
    The 22 pin plug hardly ever comes with the loom so don't be too upset.
    I sourced mine from a dismantler that had plugs in a box that you could go through.
    If that is the only plug that is missing you have done well.
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by dank View Post
    Home tonight and have grabbed the ecu its a 26 plug, 16 plug, 22 plug setup. I am missing the 22 plug on the right hand side when looking at the back of the ecu.

I've made some inquires else where and people are telling me that I may be able to find a similar plug on corollas down at the wreckers, sometimes used in different applications on toyotas of the same era, has anyone actually done this? I'm going to have a poke around tomorrow morning and see how I go. I have downloaded every possible wiring diagram from Phil bradshaws, Club4ag, and every other random website out there that has the info so i'm not short of wiring information. just a pain in the ass really as good old Andrew at CVAP told me EVERYTHING was there to run the motor when I bought it. i call BULLSHIT!

but anyway, its been close to 18 months in the build so this won't hold me back. If anyone knows of aftermarket plugs that fit let me know, I was planning on getting a mate up on the weekend to wire it up but thats not looking promising now.

I should add though that Andrew's service was excellent and he delivered my engine to Bentleigh free of charge on his weekend off which was very good of him.

Yep all sorted now. Managed to find one pretty easily. So its all good to start wiring this weekend.

Cheers