View Poll Results: Which is easyer?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • AE71 with Ke70 front end/rear bar

10 43.48%
  • KE70 converted to AE86 bits (clutch, steering etc)

13 56.52%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ke70 4age

But I have no carport? Carport Converter merc-blue's Avatar

Default Ke70 4age

Guys, Im consideing a project involving a 4AGE and a KE70, how many AE86 parts are compadible with the KE70 cause the AE71 (which is similar to the KE70) is pretty darn compadible isnt it? im thinking get a KE70 and a AE86 and morph them into a KE86
    KE70 body AE86 everything else
    whats the possibility? with pretty much all tools thinkable avalible (would be a school project) i study motorsport and last year of the course you have a project to do this would be mine (starting Jan next year) but would start stock pileing now.
    ultimate goal it would be built up road legal but capible in motorkahn, sprints and hillclimbs and similar track events

Cheers

Gobble, Gobble! Automotive Encyclopaedia mrshin's Avatar

Default Re: Ke70 4age

Search here and old forums. Been done plenty of times. Heck, even I've written stuff about it;-)

sweet so pretty much all the AE86 running gear, suspention ETC will got into/be compadible with a KE70,
    cause i have access to a nice AE86 with a crappy body and the KE70 is the best choice from the 3 cars that i would consider worth while
    AE86: to many of them and so unorigional
    KE70: a good allround package and cheaply avalible
    AE71: nice but dont like the front lights

Junior Member Grease Monkey bassy's Avatar

if its a ae71 then the 4age will bolt staright in, if u dont like the light swap em with the ke70, or swap crossmembers

its not the lights its the front end and thats not worth converting when essintialy i end up with the same car either way

yes i know that AE86 and AE71 are pretty similar nad very compadible but its mroe AE86 and KE70 that im interested and if the AE71 crossmember fitts the KE70 (been told it probly will) then so will the engine

Junior Member Grease Monkey bassy's Avatar

ae71 crossmember suits all 4a engines. u can put this in the ke70. Do u already have these cars?

no, but the AE86 im looking at isnt going any were, and KE70s arent hard to find, will probly get one about june and get all the body work and interior fixxed up and then strippped back out over Xmas ready for the real work during the year (2007).

Building Corollas Chief Engine Builder Cuzzo's Avatar

remember to u will need to change over the pedal boxes to from the ke70 one to a ae71 one. mount the clutch master cylinder. and other annoying things like this.
    i would have thought it would be easier to change the front end of the ke70 onto the ae71.?
    KE30 4agte - Bullet - Rick Rolled
    UZX83 1UZ W58- Cruiser - Tow Car - Fun Car
    Quote Originally Posted by -GT- View Post
    You had an oil and plastics engine bay fire, with flames that reached at least to the roof - of course shit got hot, it wasn't burning jiffy firelighters back there.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic Dimitri's Avatar

ae71 and ae86 engine x members are the same.

ke70s are cable clutch. so to use a 4ag/t50 combo u need the change the pedal and drill some holes in the fire wall. you can use the whole ae71 setup. or you CAN use an ae86 pedal with some messing around, just to get it attached to the column.

ae86 geabox crossmembers are not the same as ae71, but once again they can be use with some redrilling/elongating of holes.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic Dimitri's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bassy
    if its a ae71 then the 4age will bolt staright in, if u dont like the light swap em with the ke70, or swap crossmembers
    and this is wrong. it is not a bolt on swap over. the fron beaver panel/i think radiator support is differant.

if the car is completly stripped out (which they ill be for rust cutting/welding new steel in and respray) its not as much of a chore,

wouldnt it be a pain of finding ,quarters, hood, lights, grilles, bar etc all of the KE70. either that or alot of scouting around pickapart, but i do like the spirit boot/spoiler

im trying to only have to buy 2 cars with minimal wastage eg buying a whole car and only having a few parts left over.
    eg: KE70: only running gear left over AE86: only shell left over

with a AE71 i would have a rusty old 4AC AE86 with crappy gear to sell and some AE71 pannels

Dimitri, i didnt expect that to be true. but fabricating up a few bits like radiator mounts and drilling new holes/welding up old ones are no problem i would rather spend some more time frigging around than have to buy more parts from more cars and have more bits left over at the end.
    i would be converting the Ke70 to a hydralic clutch. hmm seems less wastage form a AE71 with a KE70 front end/rear bar (the bars are different)

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by merc-blue
    with a AE71 i would have a rusty old 4AC AE86 with crappy gear to sell
    how is that different to any other spoontah out there? sell it as a dorifto project
    seriously, chuck the 4AC into the AE86 and sell it as a runner... too easy
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

Gobble, Gobble! Automotive Encyclopaedia mrshin's Avatar

Well I've still got some bits left over from my 4A KE70...

JZ Powered Too Much Toyota EldarO's Avatar

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2059

written by the master of the ae71/ke70

i think we should endevour to finish what Kev started..

Eldar.O.

thats pretty much what i had planed to do although i was thinking would it be cheaper to get a AE71, Ke30 frontend and then just drop in a 4AGE?
    what tranny/diff is in a AE71? and brakes no use going faster if cant stop faster?

i have a mate with a rusty old sprinter with a nice engine, suspention and all the running gear etc, cost me 3.5K but it has a really nice suspention setup (about 2.5Kworth)
    if i was to get a KE70 strip it cut out the rust, spray it and drop in the engine tranny suspention etc, wound it be worth getting a AE71 and just spending the 3.5K (and abit more) on suspention and engine etc?

in the end i want to have a KE70, with a 4AGE, hydralic clutch, T50 tranny, diff i dont car so much about, decent disc brakes and not to much left to try to sell. and i dont wanna spend more than about 7K on it (thats not including small materials and stuff)
    Last edited by merc-blue; 05-04-2006 at 05:19 PM.