Thread: ta22 carby linkage question

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Default ta22 carby linkage question

Hi all

I am trying to get my TA22 together to move it to my place from my mum's... Between putting it there and now, I removed the carby trying to find a fault in my brothers RN25 hilux (same carby but different linkages) and now need to get it back in properly.

It's a 1973 TA22 auto with the solid pivoting bar linkages from the pedal to the throttle on the stock carby, but for some reason I can't get the linkages to line up like they should. The L-shaped bar that slots into the carby linkage appears to be going in 180 degrees out, but I can't seem to figure out how it all lines up properly. Just for moving it onto a trailer I have it in backwards with cable ties holding this link in place, but obviously this can't stay like this.

Has anyone got a picture of a similar setup so I can see how the linkage is mounted to the throttle linkage and how this is attached to the carby shaft itself? Have tried hunting on here with little success in finding a photo from the righ angle...

Thanks
    Vanman

ten years gone Backyard Mechanic frostyadonis's Avatar

Default Re: ta22 carby linkage question

the auto carby linkage has a connection for the kickdown rod.
    the clip end or the "L" shaped linkage goes on the round hole end.
    pics later..
    owner of 1 ta22 celica green but not hybrid

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Default Re: ta22 carby linkage question

I think I have it sorted, looks like I still have the RN25 Hilux linkage on it, found one that appears to be the right one for the celica... will muck around over the weekend and figure it out...

Thanks though

Vanman