Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Thread: TOYOTA FEST 2009! - Sunday 4th October

-------ALL.44U------- Domestic Engineer old_school_jap1's Avatar

Default Re: TOYOTA FEST 2009! - Sunday 4th October

Personally I'd be against more trophies, because like Farkunell said if you're there for the trophies you shouldn't be there. I mean it's a festival for toyota appreciation and as there is such a diversity of cars I understand how it makes the judges' job hard, but I bet you it'll get even harder to decide a definite runner-up in alot of categories.
    RN16 Hilux; 18RG swap underway http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40561

Quote Originally Posted by ae71 View Post
    but im trying to use bolts with this car.

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

toyman, i was referring to the running joke us adubbers have with the KEXX guys. it was truly a fantastic car

still gay though
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

MR 18RG Chief Engine Builder The Witzl's Avatar

so pissed off i missed it again this year.
    im really going to have to make it up by entering next year or something.

How many entrants were there this year?
    ...... butt scratcher?!

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

93 entrants this year Karl.
    Past Toyotas - Snow White (TA23), Blue Stivo (ZZE123)
    Current Toyotas - Hamster (AW11)
    Quote Originally Posted by X kyle X View Post
    the aw11 is rougher and more angular so it's sex Appel is more that of Sylvester stalone rather then brad pitt

That dude with the AE95's Backyard Mechanic Kebin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheToyman75 View Post
    Martins KE30 that won best of show just got better and better the longer you looked at it. And for those that bothered to look, The undercarriage is detailed too.
    Here is his build gallery, 7 pages worth of one mans attention to detail: http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index...e_key=*&st=125

Junior Member Too Much Toyota RONA's Avatar

The Rad Rollaz guys turned out an awesome display. The engine bays is almost all the cars displayed by the club are on par with the best I've seen at summernats in terms of wireless engine bays etc. I have simply not seen an engine bay that neat in anything bar old school V8's most of which don't have a huge amount of wiring to hide anyway.
    If in doubt power out

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

I love the Radrollaz cars. They always have such awesome cars.

Mind you, I was a tad disappointed at the lack of mullets they had this year.

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

I Hate Being A Carport Converter Clown's Avatar

Coke. So versatile!

I thought you were a fanta man?

Hoping to bring one of the rides up for this next year.
    GZE AW11, M40b18 e30, 1J cressida

Junior Member Carport Converter RA35GT's Avatar

Joel, I am. But I still appreciate other drinks. heh.

Hopefully I will be back next year with a car as well

(P.S. Boost controller yet?)
    1977 RA35 Celica GT - I4 | 2007 GSV40R Aurion - V6
    Don't live life being scared of death, live in the fear of not truly living. RP 2012

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic DLA11D's Avatar

Sorry about not being able to attend as planned, was a very dissapointing weekend for me after all the effort involved to try and get it ready for the show. I did manage to finish my fresh paint at 5.30am and it was just dry enough to drive. Unfortunately it was not to be and the popo decided the landcrusier and i went not going to attend. If it wasn't a double demerit weekend i would have still driven it there with my defect. But not worth the fine and points lost if i did.

Oh well there will always be next year. Hopefully weather will be 1000% better.
    1992 Toyota Hilux Extracab
    2JZGTE - TO4Z powered.
    1968 Toyota Stout Lite
    Work in progress

Board Member Domestic Engineer DavGT4's Avatar

Between a few of us, there should be a photo of every car in attendance. I just haven't had a chance to upload mine and I need to get Simons photos...
    But rest assured there will be a photo of Marty's KE30 uploaded once I get home. Work = poo
    Unless someone beats me to it
    Dav Hoban
    Board Member

ST185... Lucifer! - he's back on the road again, woo!
    RA23... The purple poo! - less squeek, more rattle

Board Member Domestic Engineer DavGT4's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DLA11D View Post
    Sorry about not being able to attend as planned, was a very dissapointing weekend for me after all the effort involved to try and get it ready for the show. I did manage to finish my fresh paint at 5.30am and it was just dry enough to drive. Unfortunately it was not to be and the popo decided the landcrusier and i went not going to attend. If it wasn't a double demerit weekend i would have still driven it there with my defect. But not worth the fine and points lost if i did.

Really sorry to hear about your unfortunate encounter with the blues.. They do know how to put a dampner on your day! There were quite a few of us looking forward to seeing the new and improved beasty. Hopefully the experience hasn't set you back too much, and we'll see you back on the road shortly...
    Dav Hoban
    Board Member

ST185... Lucifer! - he's back on the road again, woo!
    RA23... The purple poo! - less squeek, more rattle

nice datsun Backyard Mechanic TRD184's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion2096 View Post
    this might make me unpopular, but i was actually fairly disappointed to see all those old school rollas with nissan engines in them, after last year i kind of expected it, but apparently my brand loyalty is stronger than i thought
    ^^^ me and my gf had the same response, lol, no offence to the owners of the car cos the work thats gone into them is incredible...but Nissan????
    PS:thanks the people who took a photo of my car, no ones ever taken a pic of my car b4!
    my RA23 http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=57060&page=2"]
    It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tanks of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.
    - Hit it.

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by DLA11D View Post

Yeah Jason messaged me with the unfortunate news. Really bad luck. What a prick pulling both of ya's up at the same time.

Crazy Chief Engine Builder 1JZ-Rolla's Avatar

In defence of the Nissan conversion logic (which could be a whole separate thread in itself), what modern Toyota offerings are available in RWD for a cool 4 cylinder conversion, with plenty of aftermarket support, and performance upgrade capability?

Beams 3S aren't exactly prolific around here, 4A's a bit long in the tooth, 3SGTE mounts the wrong way.... doesn't leave much for a retro-tech build.

I'm not a big Nissan fan particularly, but i'd say they have a large cult-like following for a reason.... If only Toyota still gave us cool RWD turbo performance cars, they might enjoy the same popularity

Rod, your reflection on the difficulty in judging standards with so many quality cars rings true for sure, especially if the number of entrants stays as high as the ~100 or so. Recognition of "runner-up" positions would be welcomed i'm certain, even if its not supported by a physical trophy.

Cheers again for a great day out with like-minded enthusiasts!
    Phil
    AE71 Corolla 2 door window van - retired / JZA70 Supra - VVTi converted - sold