Thread: Tassie memebers

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice klusio's Avatar

Default Tassie memebers

Hello

I was a memeber of toymods.org, and with the new forums I changed over to stay in touch
    with the wider toyota community.

I like the look of the new forums, however access to posting in all forums now being limited has made it hard on the tasmanian toymods forum members. As you now need to be a paided up memeber of the club to partake in some forum threads.

Toymods doesnt really offer anything to paid up tasmanian members, might get a t-shirt or sticker perhaps, Im not sure if we can even have our own section down here.

I feel we have valuable opinions and infomation to put forward at times and would like to be able to do this.

Is it possible for us to get full access to the forums with out paying for services we are nto able to get full use of ?

Thanks Kieran
    Cheers Kieran

AE86 4a turbo - current project

KE20 shell on blocks - project on hold

cease striving Conversion King RobST162's Avatar

Default Re: Tassie memebers

Hi Keiran,

You can get full access to everything you see on these forums right now without paying a cent. Not bad huh The limitiations you are probably referring to are only there based on reputation or paid club membership.

If you read the FAQs you will see that posting in the for sale section is limited to protect great forum users like yourself.

So no worries mate, toymods is here for you as much as for everyone else.

Rob

Former User Conversion King Joshstix's Avatar

Yep, there is only two small area's of the forum that require club membership, these are misc for sale and Club Members Rides. The reason these are restricted, firstly for the for sale one is that our members were getting sick of random things for sale flooding the forums, however we wanted club members, who are the ones that provide the forum, to have this facility. The club members rides being members only is a sad reflection on the state of our society, previously we have had to remove several members rides threads due to the owners having trouble with low lives looking to steel the cars.

Quote Originally Posted by klusio
    Toymods doesnt really offer anything to paid up tasmanian members, might get a t-shirt or sticker perhaps, Im not sure if we can even have our own section down here.
    Personally I take some offence at this statement. What exactly do you think the forums are? This is a service offered to you by the Toymods car club, which you have no qualms about using and asking for more access to but then you say that being a member of the club doesn't offer anything to you.

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice klusio's Avatar

Thank you for you replies on this subject, they are greatly appreciated.

I didnt look to offend anyone, I seem to have incorrectly worded a paragraph in my post.
    I ment toymods doesnt offer much in the way of pyshical interaction as in cruises , dyno days etc. to paid up club memebers in tassie. The forum side serves everyone well as I have now more understanding of how it all works.

Thank you again, keep up the good work

Cheers Kieran
    Cheers Kieran

AE86 4a turbo - current project

KE20 shell on blocks - project on hold

Classic Not Plastic Domestic Engineer ace's Avatar

I feel we have valuable opinions and infomation to put forward at times and would like to be able to do this.
    Noones stopping you from posting in the tech and general sections!!!
    My TA22
    Quote Originally Posted by gianttomato about new cars
    Yeah sure, it goes alright and it's got air conditioning, cup holders and automatic tampon removers, but where's the charm?