Thread: Shannons Mid Winter Wander 21/6/09.newcastle to vineyards

celicanut Grease Monkey craig28celica's Avatar

Default Shannons Mid Winter Wander 21/6/09.newcastle to vineyards

we went on this cruz last year, it was a great day, ova 500 cars, classics, vintage, hot rods, trucks everything, my 28 was the only toyota.
    i cruz'd behind a woody hot rod n had a 69 mustang follow me, its a slow drive lucky to hit 80kms, but a great road, n lots of cars to see
    its the weekend before the broke cruz.
    heres the info, taken from Pinkys car show web site: sorry bout the yellow text it did hav a pink background, drag your clicker ova it to read

21/06/2009 Shannons Mid Winter Wander Glendale to the Hunter Valley Garden Village
    Start point 9am Stockland Centre Glendale then travel via Freeman's Waterhole - Ellalong - Paxton - Bellbird - Cessnock - to the Hunter Valley Garden Village on BRoke Rd. Pokolbin.
    Around 80Km trip.

Fellow Motoring Enthusiasts, This letter is an invitation from the Newcastle Restored Vehicle Club and our sponsors, The Hunter Valley Gardens, There will be no entry fee or registration required this year however we would appreciate each club contacting NRVC club captain Dan Bergquist on mobile 0410 349 077 home 02 4958 3850 or email [email protected]
    Phone calls preferably after business hours. Pass on your clubs intentions and best estimate of numbers attending to assist our catering and parking preparations.
    The event will commence from 7.00 am Sunday 21 June 2009 at the Stockland Shopping Centre Glendale where participants may take advantage of the several food outlets, ie. Macdonalds, Hungry Jacks and the various coffee shops. The news agency and the Woolworths petrol station etc.
    There will be no start gate but NRVC members will man an information booth in the area between K Mart and Target. We expect most participants to be on the way to Hunter Valley Gardens by 9.30 am.
    The route, same as last year will be sign posted all the way with distinctive direction signs.
    Once again 15 vehicles will be chosen by 5 volunteers from different clubs and of these, 3 will be selected by a person from the Hunter Valley Gardens staff to receive vehicle of the show prizes.
    Ph. 0410 349 077
    Dan Berquist 02 4958 3850
    Mick Saide Shannons Insurance 0448 203 025

Last edited by DavGT4; 10-06-2009 at 05:35 PM. Reason: yellow on white doesn't work ;)
    drive it dont hide it
    my car..RA28 1G. & x RA28 TRAILER
    projects RA23 & RA23 convertible

Chicken Plucker Grease Monkey Chickenman's Avatar

Default Re: Shannons Mid Winter Wander 21/6/09.newcastle to vineyards

I have too many kids that weekend Craig, thats where I first saw your car! An excellent event, shame I can't make it.

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

Yellow hurts my eyes
    Past Toyotas - Snow White (TA23), Blue Stivo (ZZE123)
    Current Toyotas - Hamster (AW11)
    Quote Originally Posted by X kyle X View Post
    the aw11 is rougher and more angular so it's sex Appel is more that of Sylvester stalone rather then brad pitt

celicanut Grease Monkey craig28celica's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenman
    I have too many kids that weekend Craig, thats where I first saw your car! An excellent event, shame I can't make it.
    mate you jus have too many kids.
    pitty you cant make. where does the time go?
    always a good day n heaps of other cars to see.
    so you still hav the celica?

sorry again about the yellow txt
    drive it dont hide it
    my car..RA28 1G. & x RA28 TRAILER
    projects RA23 & RA23 convertible

Chicken Plucker Grease Monkey Chickenman's Avatar

yeah we still have the Celica, we have moved house to Birmo, and now Michelle's SP23 sits outside while the Celica is in the garage. Having just bought the house it may be a while before any dollars get thrown towards the Celica.

Board Member Domestic Engineer DavGT4's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MR22ZZ
    Yellow hurts my eyes
    fixed...
    Dav Hoban
    Board Member

ST185... Lucifer! - he's back on the road again, woo!
    RA23... The purple poo! - less squeek, more rattle