Thread: 4AGE Build

Gearwhore. Backyard Mechanic

Default 4AGE Build

If you guys had a fairly loose budget and were looking to build a 4AGZE with a Lysholm/twin-screw blower running about 1.5 bar boost, what are some choices you would make regarding bits? Is there enough meat to bore and sleeve a GZE oil-squirter block?
    The above opinion is just that - my opinion. It is not shared by any business that I am currently or have previously been involved with, nor any of their employee's.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

Default Re: 4AGE Build

increase in bore will be insunstantial compared to running another 0.1bar boost.....

depends what you are building it for.
    if you are spending coin on a twinscrew, it would be tempting to go lighter rods and lighter pistons than the GZE jobbies... try to reduce losses more than usual.
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

Gearwhore. Backyard Mechanic

The engine is going to be done stage by stage, I can get all the machining done for next to nothing and I know a guy who has put together a couple of good NA engines but never really looked into FI.
    I was under the impression you needed to bore out the block the width of the sleeves for them to fit in nicely with a standard piston or is my thinking way off?
    The above opinion is just that - my opinion. It is not shared by any business that I am currently or have previously been involved with, nor any of their employee's.

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

Quote Originally Posted by the_random_hero
    I was under the impression you needed to bore out the block the width of the sleeves for them to fit in nicely with a standard piston or is my thinking way off?
    The method is not 'way off', it's your purpose - a solution for a problem that doesn't exist.
    'I've scrapped better.' John stated when asked about the car by the guy with the silver tipped cowboy boots!