Thread: Afm 4agze to map 4agze ecu

working hard Backyard Mechanic

Default Afm 4agze to map 4agze ecu

Hey guys i dont know if this has been done before after researching, nothing found . Just would like to know if you can convert a Afm 4agze to map sensor 4agze just by using ecu and map/sensors.. Reason i ask is i own a 4agte running afm 4agze electrics and wonting to eliminate the afm from my setup as its maxxing out @ 133kw + no room in engine bay.
    Last edited by reecegze; 21-03-2009 at 02:08 AM.

broken down ex guru Chief Engine Builder feral4mr2's Avatar

Default Re: Afm 4agze to map 4agze ecu

if you were going to go through the trouble of a. sourceing a map ecu, wiring harness and sensors needed and b. fitting it all. you might as well buy a aftermarket system.

one bonus of the 4agze afm set-up is no boost cut, i beleive the map one has one ~14psi..

Your mum is a Conversion King TERRA Operative's Avatar

14.5psi to be precise.

Aftermarket will afford you tuning abilities that you won't get with retaining the stock ECU. But if you swap the looms and appropriate sensors etc, it can be done.
    Be aware that there may be other differences such as plug shapes on sensors, coilpack vs dizzy etc etc. You may find you have to convert a few other things to make it work...

working hard Backyard Mechanic

Ive got the dli ae92 AFM version .. I have an map sensored ecu , all i would need is plugs to suit and pinouts of the sensors to the ecu right ? + the map sensor. 14.5 psi is plenty for what i want at the moment. Ive got factory idle and cold start without the excess $$ of getting it tuned for each and every mod. What else would i need to convert it ?

Your mum is a Conversion King TERRA Operative's Avatar

Loom, ECU and MAP sensor I guess. you may need to cut some of the plugs from your existing loom and splice them into the MAP loom in place of the respective plugs as needed. (TPS is different if I recall correctly, for example)

Apart from that, I don't *think* there's much else. If you use a MAP loom, you don't need to worry about pinouts as the loom will be correct for the MAP ECU.

Let us know how it goes. I'm interested so see what's actually involved.