Thread: Diagnostic port on Hilux 2.7lt 3rz?

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Diagnostic port on Hilux 2.7lt 3rz?

Hi,

I'm new to these forums, but needs some info regarding an engine conversion I've just completed. I've put a 3rz engine into a 1993 4Runner which originally had the 22R engine, and have had this completed for about 8 months now. However its time to start getting something extra out of it. So far it only has a 2.5in mandrel bent exhaust, but I have now also bought a Haltech Interceptor to fit.

As far as fitting the interceptor for the maf and tps interception, no probs, but I'm just trying to work out the crank angle sensor wires. I managed to hook it up with the NE+ from the sensor going to DIG-IN-1, and the NE- to Sensor Ground, which I got the idea from some forum (can't remember), but the only issue with this is the idle was sitting at 1500rpm with a base map in the interceptor, so it should have been the standard idle of 800rpm. How else would I go about hooking up this?

Also, does anyone know if with the 3rz hiluxes, they have an OBDII diagnostic port which a scanner can be connected to to monitor engine data such as knock sensor activity to help with tuning? From what I can see near the ecu theres a connector containing 3 wires that looks like it may be used for this, but I'm really not sure... any ideas?

Thanks Simon

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia 2jzhilux's Avatar

Default Re: Diagnostic port on Hilux 2.7lt 3rz?

there is usually a dlc3 connector on the left of the brake pedal near the side of the dash

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Re: Diagnostic port on Hilux 2.7lt 3rz?

Thats what I was thinking, but wasn't actually sure if there was one or not... that brings me to the next question, does anyone have a wiring diagram showing how the dlc3 connector connects to the ecu?

Thanks