Thread: No tail/brake/parker lights on MX83

Zub Zub Domestic Engineer Gavatron's Avatar

Default No tail/brake/parker lights on MX83

Hey guys,

have recently converted m MX83 to 1JZ from a JZX81 frontcut. I stripped out the alternator loom from the JZX81 so I could use it in the MX83. Had to swap all the power wires into the MX83 fuse box.

Now that it is running, I have realised that I have no parkers, tail lights, brake light or instrument lights. I have tried to find what I have missed but can't see anything.

Does anybody have a more detailed wiring diagram of where the lights get there power source? Or which wire inside the fuse box powers them?

The only diagram I have says it comes straight out of the 100A ALT fusible link, but this powers a whole bunch of stuff that is working correctly.

Thanks
    || 91 MX83 Cressida Grande 1JZGTE - Daily || 84 MA61 Supra 2JZGE - Track ||

Default Re: No tail/brake/parker lights on MX83

Anyone????

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

When you say instrument lights I assume you mean the dash cluster is illuminated when the parkers are on for night driving so you can read the displays? If so, instrument lights are (usually) on the same circuit as the parker lights - which also has the tail lights. So, I'd check the fuse for this circuit, and assuming the fuse is okay, I'd check to see if voltage is getting through.

To do this, put the +ve probe of a multimeter on the fuse body and the -ve probe against some metal (earth) of the chassis (or an earth wire if you know of one) and switch on the parkers. If nothing then you need to go back through the wiring to find the source of the fault - which could be a wire not conencted.

Brake lights are usually on a separate circuit and again, check the fuse and then then the voltage as per above for the brake lights.

It looks like you have not connected all the wires, or have incorrectly connected some. So, that's where I would be looking. Also ask someone who owns a JZX81 to tell you their connection colours so you can check you got the right wire in the right socket/connector.

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

Should have mentioned that there is no power getting to the fuse. I think the fault is in the engine bay fuse box somewhere.

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia Hengsta's Avatar

bumping this thread back up.

I now have this problem.

Anyone have the same issues and solved it?
    -Sleeper 2J + R154 X83
    -GQ 93 Mav, 4.2 Diesel, 35" BFG KM2's, 4" lift, 3" Exhaust, Front Locked, Rear shimmed, Sliders, IPF foggies, UHF, 2871R and Intercooled.