Thread: 4AGE 20V silvertop, service and performance

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Cool 4AGE 20V silvertop, service and performance

Gday well after yr n half im finally back into a toyota :-)
    this time round i have a AE92 with a 4AGE 20V silvertop

just seeking some advice/help with a few things

1. what is the recomended oil grade?

2. spark plugs.. i have just purchased a set of NGK iridium code: BKR5EIX11, this is what is in the NGK cat but looking on a few sites they say plugs are BKR6EP11, can anyone confirm if the dif if any or maybe code is just cos the 1's i have are iridiums?

3. anyone know of where i can get a sevice manual for the 20V as i need to sort out some polution gear thats not connected correctly to get the EPA notice cleared?

4. any advice in relation to exhust size (2" 2 1/4" 2.5") that would give me performance but still be legal sound levels?

5. oil cooler... anyone out there running a oil cooler was plannning to get 1 from revolution race gear but the guy i spoke to was not to sure on what size, as its only a 1.6lt would i be best to go with a 10,13,16 row as they are a thick unit approx 45mm.
    Also any1 know of a high flow oil pump to help out with keeping the oil pressure up?

Any help would be much appreciated.. if any1 has somthing that can email me at
    [email protected]

Thanks
    Danny
    AE92 20V

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic KARNAGE's Avatar

Default Re: 4AGE 20V silvertop, service and performance

when i put new plugs in mine i didnt bother going with the iridiums as you can get just as good of a spark out of the cheaper bosch copper plugs.
    exhaust personally 2.5 inch is to big for a na specially when its only a 1.6L a good mandrel bent 2 inch would be great and possible 2 1/4 would be alright, to keep it legal spend some money on a good high flow cat, resanator and good muffler what ever you do dont put a turbo muffler on it.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

If the motor is pretty tight, 10W40 oil will be fine, if its a little rattly try 15W50 or even 20W is ok if the motor is tired.

For the sparkies, the P the end of the part number you have there is for platinum, IX is for iridium.

Size of the oil cooler is only and issue with the factory bigport sandwich plates If you get an aftermarket one with thermostatic control it'll only cool the oil when the motor is at a the right temperature.

BTW the 20V oil pumps flow more than all the other 4age's so it should be fine, if worried, modify the relief spring with a shim to increase the pressure.

Don Mega Chief Engine Builder X kyle X's Avatar

and if your that worried about the oil cooler i have a factory 4age oil cooler here that you can take of my hands cheap.. came form a smallport
    The GOD HAND AW11 - sold

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showth...ight=kyle+AW11

AIDS infestation - HCR32 Skyline - the jesus foot?

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Thanks for the info guys helps out heaps, will looad some pics on the site when i have the paint all sorted out...
    AE92 20V