Thread: 3sgte ecu error code??? and afm????

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice

Default 3sgte ecu error code??? and afm????

hello i am useing an apexi power fc sw20 airflow metter ecu to manage a 3sgte gen 2. and after haveing pluged in the ecu i have been geting the dash ecu error light up i have never had this fault with the stock ecu and am puzzled as to what it is. it does not bring up a fault code and when i had it pluged in to the computer at the shop i scene that the error was something called hte as it was iluminated in red. i cant find this pin on the ecu or any information in any manuals that i have and am wondoring if any one else has had this problem and might be able to shed some light or send me in the right direction to finding the fault???

also the tunner said that with the apexi it is only useing the afm for it's air temperature probe for air tempurature correction. he told me that the new ecu runs of the map sensor and it makes me wonder if i can remove the bulky afm and replace it with a manifold air temp probe/sensor of like a gen 3 or is there any other afm i can use for a better result i have heard of supra ppl useing an afm out of a lexus 400. with lexus being basicly toyota would this also work on 3sgte electrics?? or is there another afm i could use like a 300zx one maybe now that i have a tunable ecu. does any one know what voltage ranges these work in and maybe any modle numbers to look out for.

cheers

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Re: 3sgte ecu error code??? and afm????

sorry about posting twice am not spaming just had it tell me that i loged out the first time and it lost the post but i see it did post the first time. dam computers why cant they be more like cars

Non qualified Domestic Engineer

Default Re: 3sgte ecu error code??? and afm????

3SGTE AFM uses a decreasing voltage with increasing load, so it can't be replaced with Z32 300ZX AFM.
    They are also quite small and will quickly run out of useful resolution.
    I was able to hit max (min realy) signal on my 3SGTE (actually it is a 2.2ltr Mazda housing with 4AGZE internals, but it's the same size) AFM on my GZE AW11 with standard pulleys, so a 3SGTE would be using up all its signal very early.
    If the Power FC can infact run from the factory pressure sensor (does it have 1???), then I would personally strip the inlet air temp sensor out of the AFM and install it by it self.

E Manage Ultimate lists the 20B REW AFM as an upgrade for the 3SGTE, tho probably more headache than you nead
    Quote Originally Posted by oldcorollas
    except for a very few exceptions
    "Don't worry what people think, they don't do it very often."

Daily: Glorified Taxi (F6 Typhoon). Out Of Action: Twin-charged Adub. Ongoing Nightmare: Over re-engineered (not) Alfa Romeo 75.