Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have to pay membership to post in forsale section?

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Do you have to pay membership to post in forsale section?

Hey guys I was wondering how yougo about posting in the forsale section....it said I didnt have permission?

Do I need a certain amount of posts first?

Edited by me cause moderator wasnt patient enough (yeah yeah yeah I will try boost my rep)

James
    Last edited by 07XTC; 08-03-2006 at 04:10 PM.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

Default Re: Do you have to pay membership to post in forsale section?

LOL, nice try

please read the sticky at the top of the for sale section.
    then please read the forum FAQ.
    then please read the numerous threads abotu this in the membership and feedback section.

then please delete your ad from this thread before people decide it is a good idea to remove rep from you.

thanks

edit: and if you hadn't noticed, your sig doesn't work because images are not allowed in sigs....
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

no edit yet???
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

can people not read these days?
    i gave one a neg rep and would have been obvious why so they gave me one in return and thought it was warranted

people can read, they just choose to be so lazy that they cbf, and expect someone just to answer their queries when they can't spend 2 mins looking for it...

i blame TV and Twisties for the current generations lack of attention span or attention to detail

Junior Member Domestic Engineer urantia's Avatar

But in all honesty these rules..... need work.
    I see no point to restricting posts to the FS section, the FS section is like a ghost town.
    98 3rz-fe Hilux 4x4
    97 Hiace AWD Super Custom 1kz turbo diesel (sold)
    87 MA70 w/ 1JZ-GTE Manual Conversion GT (moss growing on roof deteriorating away but open to offers)

Quote Originally Posted by urantia
    I see no point to restricting posts to the FS section, the FS section is like a ghost town.
    wow, so it's showing how many people who were selling things were not toymods members, or did not (or have been slow to over the last few months) contribute enough to the forum that the ENTIRE FORUM POPULATION did not rate them very well?

people seem to forget that it is YOU, the non-club forum member, that is also responsible for this.

if you contribute, people increase your rep. if someone else contributes, you increase their rep.. how feckin simple is that.... contribute and you can sell things.. geez, you don't even need to contribute much at all 20 points.... at a MINIMUM, thats 1 post that 20 people find useful..

consider this. there ar enow almost 2000 members on toymods.
    if you can't make a post that 1 in 100 people find useful enough to give you rep.........

thats 1%.... once.... 1 post to appeal to 1% of the toymods population.... surely everyone can do that???

Look at my big pecks!
    you can have big pecks like mine, just work out 24/7 non stop. It's Easy!!
    98 3rz-fe Hilux 4x4
    87 MA70 w/ 1JZ-GTE Manual Conversion GT (moss growing on roof deteriorating away but open to offers)

Look at my big pecks!
    you can have big pecks like mine, just work out 24/7 non stop. It's Easy!!
    pics or ban

ok, so you want more parts in FS. fair enough.. you want the sellers to be contributors to your community, or just any old wookie? if you wanna buy from wookies, use your local classifieds/trading post

easy to say for a non-car club member
    expect a good FREE classifieds for nothing? oookay then..

alright who gave me neg rep?
    wtf? you disagree thats nice say it hear rather then giving neg rep for no reason.
    i seem to get all the people that cant handle getting neg rep for posting utter crap that feel the need to do tit for tat, i doubt anything will be done about it but can mods/admin/whoever can check what reps have been given?

alright alright rules are rules. I'll just have to wear them which i have, just a light bit of criticism.

Ebay is good free trading post. (walked into that one i know, becuase your going to say, well good go there then.)
    98 3rz-fe Hilux 4x4

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

I don't see any of the club members and subscribed members complaining about the new forums. Oh and E-Bay isn't free either

yar, neither is Yahoo Auctions in japan $5 a month membership

nice pic that dude would go well on a BBQ

Toymods Board Member Domestic Engineer mynameisrodney's Avatar

the way i see it is that ebay is a place for people wanting to make money to sell stuff. whereas the toymods classifieds section is for helping each other find the parts we need from people who we know and should be able to trust. someone with a high rep has shown that their purpose on here is more about helping others out than making a quick buck, and deserves the extra rights.

or you can buy them like i did.