Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Newcastle cruz to the vineyards. sunday 16th november 2008

celicanut Grease Monkey craig28celica's Avatar

Talking Newcastle cruz to the vineyards. sunday 16th november 2008

SUNDAY 16TH OF NOVEMBER, before xmas madness starts

NEWCASTLE CRUZ TO VINEYARDS ALL TOYOTAS WELCOME
    STOCKLAND) GLENDALE TO HUNTER VALLEY GARDENS
    ROUTE CARD
    From the Stockands Glendale shopping centre car park, proceed out straight across the round about, crossing over Lake Road onto Frederick Street.
    To the traffic lights and turn left onto Main Road and proceed through Edgeworth to the next round a bout and turn left onto Northville Drive and along to Barnsley round a bout and again turn left onto Wakefield Road.
    Follow Wakefield Road through to Ryhope “T” intersection and TURN RIGHTonto
    Cessnock Road and proceed to Freeman’s Waterhole.
    (There is food, (OAK) amenities and Shell petrol at Freeman’s Waterhole)
    WE CAN MEET SYDNEY PEOPLE HERE AT 10AM.
    IT’S A GOOD DRIVE PEOPLE
    At this round about (Freeman’s Waterhole) turn right onto Freeman’s Drive and head north towards Cessnock, over the “Gap” and through Brunkerville to Mount Vincett and take the left hand turn onto Sandy Creek Road. -
    Follow Sandy Creek Road all the way through Quorrobolong turn right at Quorrobolong road, then into kitchner, (depending on numbers we can stop there at the pocket head, to let every1 catch up) then it’s a straight drive into cessnock up Vincent Street. right to the end then a TURN LEFT onto Wollombi Road and look for the intersection of Mount View Road on the right.
    Sylvester’s Bakery will be on the opposite side.)
    TURN RIGHT onto Mount.View Road and follow through to the end and make a RIGHT TURN
    onto Oakey Creek Road for a short distance and then TURN LEFT onto Marrowbone Road.
    Follow Marrowbone Road all the way until it intersects once again with Oakey Creek
    Road (Draytons Family Wines will be on ycur right side.) TURN LEFT onto Oakey Creek
    Road and then a quick RIGHT TURN onto McDonalds Road (You will notice that Robyn
    Drayton has her vineyard on the left of this intersection.)
    Travel along McDonalds Road past several vineyards to the intersection of Broke Road on the left. TURN LEFT onto Broke Road at Pokolbin and after 50 metres turn left into the Hunter Valley Gardens Village.
    Follow the road in & around to the left you will see the Aqua golf on right, there is a car park on the right we will take that 1, then the COVERED BBQ area is just on other side UNDER THE TREES.
    This route will cover approximately 80 kilometres and will take around two hours at average 40 kph. SPEED LIMIT IS 80 TO 100 & LESS THAN 1 1/2HR, IT’S A GOOD ROAD...Please drive safe and do not speed. A direct route to Pokolbin from Glendale will take about 30 minutes.
    hope to see as many Toyotas as possible
    SO NEED TO GET SUN INTEREST N FINALLY NUMBERS SO I CAN BRING ENOUGH FOOD N DRINK. THERE ARE A HEAP OF SHOPS THERE ALSO, COFFEE, CHOCOLATE SHOP, XMAS SHOP ETC..
    WHOS IN????

FIRST POST..
    hi, cause we are to lazy to put up with sydney traffic, i wantd to organise a cruz n bbq to the hunter valley or vineyards sumwhere?? open to ideas. hunter valley gardens??? heaps of parkn shops n bbq n wine for the rest?? open to ideas
    wife & I have been lookn for a public place, we are going for a drive on weekend, to find n organise.
    if we head towards vineyards, there is a great old road through freemans waterhole (maybe meet sydney people there?) then bellbird, the back way to cessnock. we did it in june on the mid winter wander about 600 cars a great day n drive(BUT WE WERE THE ONLY TOYOTA).
    If we leave from glendale its about 1 1/2hrs drive to the gardens, or we could just go straight over mountain through KK. again depends on final destination
    i was talkn to a few celica guys n gals n we thought hunter valley sumwhere.
    TOYOTAS IN THE VINEYARDS??
    SO FOR NOW JUS LOOKN FOR NUMBERS, N ANY IDEAS OF A PLACE OR SHOULD WE JUS HIT THE GARDENS?? CONFIRM BY WEEKEND. il organise snags n drinks for the day.
    so whos keen??

NEW INFO...
    had a look at a few places sunday, but nothing seem good enough, watagan mountains was good but the 6km dirt road up hill killd that idea, pitty would of been sum great photos up top.
    so the hunter gardens in pokolbin it is.
    il put up final details later in week.
    the drive there is the back way kindof, we leave glendale bout 9.30am, up to toronto turn right then head towards freemans waterhole, we could meet sydney people there?? (at the oak milk bar 10am) then drive up over the watagan mountain, take a left n drive along sum windy roads, (we didnt see or pass any cars), towards bellbird then on to pokolbin n the vineyards. its a good road sum great bends n good straights. about 1 1/2hrs if that.
    theres sum great spots for photos on way n good country views.
    so il put map up n more details soon.
    all toyotas welcome of course, sydney people encouraged to get out of the city for the day, n cum for a drive in the country.
    if you no me the more celicas the better.
    Last edited by craig28celica; 07-11-2008 at 12:11 AM.
    drive it dont hide it
    my car..RA28 1G. & x RA28 TRAILER
    projects RA23 & RA23 convertible

Chicken Plucker Grease Monkey Chickenman's Avatar

Default Re: Newcastle xmas cruz. sunday 16th november 2008

sounds great, but my car is on historic plates, could keep me out. You should have a look at the Historic Rally organisation up here, we had a great liitle drive in just those areas on the weekend, and there were two Toyotas on historics.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic hypo23's Avatar

ill be there craig sounds good

the gardens is as good a spot as any like you said theres bbqs there a few shops aqua golf ect plenty of room for the kiddies to play too.

need a hand or some cash to throw in for some snags or wat ever just give us a dial
    cheers steve,

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case..................coincidence?

1ggte, 11.22 @122mph

Toymods Board Member Chief Engine Builder Hiro's Avatar

Sound's good, it's the weekend after my one and only uni exam, might even try to make sure I have my blacks by then so I can enjoy the odd glass of wine and still make it home legally.
    AE102 - Charlene the Old Faithful, Reborn
    JZZ30 - Lexi the Spacecruiser, 1JZGTE>>3SGE. 200rwkw, hunting Skylines and n00bs in SS Commodores
    ST162 - Charlie the non-ghey Celica, 3SGE>>4AGE. GOOOOOOOONE
    AE82 - Rosie the Bitsa from Hell, 70.8kw atw. Has been converted into garage space and money at last
    KE55 - Billie the Beast, sadly missed

Default Re: Newcastle cruz to the vineyards. sunday 16th november 2008

all welcome, new info in first post.
    drive it dont hide it

There are some good roads if you take the back way into Neck-Nock via Quorrobolong, from Freeman's Waterhole head north over Heaton Gap, hang a left near Mulbring onto Sandy Creek Road, up and over the twisties and across Wallis Creek, then right at Quorrobolong along Quorrobolong Rd down into Kitchener and then up Vincent St into Cessnock.

From what I remember there's a decent-sized car-park (gravel though, I think) at the Poppet-head in Kitchener if we need a quick gather point before the run into Cessnock too.
    JZZ30 - Lexi the Spacecruiser, 1JZGTE>>3SGE. 200rwkw, hunting Skylines and n00bs in SS Commodores
    AE82 - Rosie the Bitsa from Hell, 70.8kw atw. Has been converted into garage space and money at last

I know this guy who owns a chicken shop, great kebabs ........ But I guess that I wont be able to run on historic plates??

hiro.. that was the way i was planing, but was thinkn bout driven up to bellbird n cum in to necky that way?main drag may be better, we stopd at the pockethead, sunday, do you no wot that was used for? its fenced around the park so no good for photo, pitty. but yes a good spot to gather again before final run down main street, into gardens. but instead of taken the straight run in,they were doing road works. we turn right at silvesters bakery n head down oaky, its a better drive in2 gardens i think.
    chickenman.. y couldnt you drive on those plates?? i dont no much bout em, pm river he'd know for sure
    drive it dont hide it

The plates have something to do with CAMS and stuff, it has to be organised stuff through a CAMS club.

You boys should drop in from time to time when in your cars to the shop so I can eye ball them. My shop is in New Lambton, next to the Alder Park Bowling club.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenman
    The plates have something to do with CAMS and stuff, it has to be organised stuff through a CAMS club.

You boys should drop in from time to time when in your cars to the shop so I can eye ball them. My shop is in New Lambton, next to the Alder Park Bowling club.
    Ahh, so THATS why you're called Chickenman I go past there all the time when going to Gardo from uni (although it sucks that the Caltex there doesn't have 98, usually end up getting my petrol at Belmont).

And I'm sure someone can give you a lift if you can't drive your car and don't want to be seen in a non-Toyota.

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenman

I use to get a few schnitzels from there, awesome chicken mate

GB on some schnitzels anyone?

If we can make it, then if you don't mind having a dirty filthy and wrong Mazda sp23 hanging around, we could bring the girlfriends car. That being the case I could bring a few kebabs along, maybe some possum or croc too.

Just make sure you're the last one in the chain of cars, so people don't associate us with a Mazda......nah, just kidding, I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem

Would it help if wore a t-shirt that said "I would rather push my Toyota than drive a Mazda"?

MAYBE YOU SHOULD PAINT THAT ON THE REAR WINDOW OF THE MAZDA
    new info & route in first post. leave glendale at 9.30am meet in first car park on right near lone star, harris farm markets (use to b video ezy)
    whos coming for a drive??
    Last edited by craig28celica; 07-11-2008 at 07:41 PM.
    drive it dont hide it