Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Thread: Wakefield Park Track Day - Friday 7th of November!

how much is Too Much Toyota JustenGT8's Avatar

Default Re: Wakefield Park Track Day - Friday 7th of November!

Lily Simpson 6.7.2010
    R.I.P.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota YLD-16L's Avatar

Was a great day out, even though my day was cut short when the fuel reg died it was still eleventy billion times better than being at work

Thanks to Garth for organising it and thanks to those who gave me a ride in the arvo
    My KE25 thread
    WSID - 12.8@108mph || Wakefield Park - 1:11.4 || SDMA Hillclimb - 49.1

Founding ****** Automotive Encyclopaedia Mos's Avatar

How did you sort out your ...errr... "annual leave"?
    Admin, I.T., Founding Member, Toymods Car Club Inc.
    2000 IS200 Sports Luxury 1UZ-FE VVTi, 1991 MX83 Grande 2JZ-GTE (sold)

Junior Member Too Much Toyota YLD-16L's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mos
    How did you sort out your ...errr... "annual leave"?
    Leave was granted at 4:10pm on the Thursday afternoon
    My KE25 thread
    WSID - 12.8@108mph || Wakefield Park - 1:11.4 || SDMA Hillclimb - 49.1

That's me before i was a Conversion King -GT-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8
    Top day as usual. Hat off to Garth for getting us the spots...hopefully the 1.07 laps as co-pilot go some way towards thanx
    Yep, was good to finally get in the passenger seat of the beast - the best bit is getting an idea of how much is still left in it! I don't think you got one clean lap in, mostly due to traffic, with the odd mistake/semi-lose thrown in for good measure. The two 1:07s you cranked out were far from perfect: one had traffic and offline cornering overtaking, and the FASTEST ONE you had a fairly major moment in the final corner (i wasn't sure you were going to keep it on the track, or stop it spinning, only just stopped it spinning down into pit lane. Gathered it up from 90deg and practically stopped, stomped on it, and STILL did your best lap).

1:07s without even a clean lap, let alone building rhythm and trimming times down... oh and 20km/h down on top speed due to reduced boost..? Greg's supra isn't knocking on your door just yet.

Greg, yep, was Justen's go-pro; i went searching for hilarity posterity when you handed mick the keys. Given the times he managed straight up your car must be easier to drive than we all first thought..??

Like the look of the racechrono, just have to wait until it supports platforms other than nokia. Thanks Nathan for letting me whore it around a few cars, was happy to get some recent timing through mine with a few low 1:18s (best of 1:18.3x, theoretical best of 1:17.4x i think??), felt like i got smoother and more consistent later in the day too, but didn't get it back to try and clock some 17s. Definately improved my turn 1/2 by the end of the day; had been struggling with it most of the day, couple of passengers will agree i tried a couple of different things and lost all consistency through there for most of the day. Way i fixed it was just to go deeper. By the end was going a couple of car lengths deeper, helped by more consistent braking performance (impressed with the Endless pads, and the new ae111 rears) - instead of trailing before the exit of the kink i was not lifting till i was all the way out of 1.

Getting onto lines, it depends on the car you driving too, you need to play to it's strengths and cover it's weaknesses a little. I drive different lines in different cars; some can handle more trail braking, or a faster or earlier entry without getting unsettled, mine you need to stop it more and get it turned in as if you push too much on the way in it'll understeer then you're backing off to recover mid-to-late corner, so i exaggerate the late turn in/apex at the fishhook and last turn. I'm not talking drastic variations here, but if your car has a lot of grunt and lightswitch delivery i'd try to stop/go it a little more so you can straighten your exit up as much as possible out of the tight stuff to get power down, whereas the mx5 loves turning in with about 20km/h more speed than anything else as it will carry it through and the momentum is the key to fast times with the low power output.

Always good to jump in with different cars and drivers too to get different ideas/approaches to try, or try to avoid.
    AE93 SX 20V - Next Wakefield track day is 13th of November 2015!
    1:15.47 at Wakefield Park | 1:59.45 at Eastern Creek GP | 1:08.81 at SMP South | 2:04.77 at Phillip Island
    Toymods Club Member

I definitely ain't a Chief Engine Builder wagonist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnAll-FOUR
    Last corner is a late apex, trying to get on the gas earlier = more speed on the straight.

with the GT4 I was taking the the kink flat about 150kph and there was a stripe in the road surface that I was using as a braking marker (might have been a little late in hindsight) and then brake in a straight line to the outside. This seemed to open up turn two and I was on the gas early and accelerating up the hill. If i braked earlier, i didn't seem to get wide enough on the entrance and I would always be tight on the exit of the corner.

Turn three is fairly separate to turn two isn't it? I would have thought you would be trying to link turn 3 with 4-5-6-7 to the fish hook?

We should have organised ourselves a little more and tried to follow each other round, both being turbo 4wd's
    Yeah, prob would've been a good idea to follow.
    I was going through the kink about 160 or so (guessing based on my tyre sizes) & was taking a similar line to you.

Braking for turn 3 left was a new experience, especially as I needed to try to keep the car in to set up for turn 4.
    Also having to brake for turn 5 was something new (The diesel used to compression brake instead) & I was having trouble getting the car around. Was actually starting to resort to left foot braking for there & turn 6.

Quote Originally Posted by -GT-
    .......and the FASTEST ONE you had a fairly major moment in the final corner (i wasn't sure you were going to keep it on the track, or stop it spinning, only just stopped it spinning down into pit lane. Gathered it up from 90deg and practically stopped, stomped on it, and STILL did your best lap).

1:07s without even a clean lap, let alone building rhythm and trimming times down... oh and 20km/h down on top speed due to reduced boost..? Greg's supra isn't knocking on your door just yet.
    I wasn't quite sure either It was a split decision to bail down the pit exit or attempt the corner...seemed to have gathered it up just enough for my limited steering lock to be effective i think Roundy figured that 'little' moment cost me 0.68 secs so could well have been a 1:06 Can't claim it until you do it though
    Lily Simpson 6.7.2010
    R.I.P.

I make people cry Chief Engine Builder Draven's Avatar

well, it was a "little" moment compared to your moment down the other end of the straight
    http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=7465
    Quote Originally Posted by xero View Post
    and of course campbell newman's completely fucking everything he touches so badly that he should be called dick fingers.

Justen, dude, I'm so going to touch you in special places next track day.

Thanks for the cds
    and of course campbell newman's completely fucking everything he touches so badly that he should be called dick fingers.

Justen, dude, I'm so going to touch you in special places next track day.

Thanks for the cds

edit: apparently special enough for a double-post
    Last edited by Draven; 13-11-2008 at 10:23 PM.

No worries dude...you can just touch your missus instead mate and tell her it's on me
    Lily Simpson 6.7.2010
    R.I.P.

Forum Sponsor Conversion King

he doesn't have a missus, but he might try it on his boyfriend
    Quote Originally Posted by WHITCHY
    Prefer someone around the Sydney area but will travel a few hours for a good box!

I was going to say, "hear that Linden? courtesy of Justen"

That's me before i was a Conversion King -GT-'s Avatar

Stop fondling one another long enough to edit and upload to youtube!! I thought this place was all about shared love??

There's not enough going around - think damo still has video love from the June day in the wet to share around..?
    AE93 SX 20V - Next Wakefield track day is 13th of November 2015!
    1:15.47 at Wakefield Park | 1:59.45 at Eastern Creek GP | 1:08.81 at SMP South | 2:04.77 at Phillip Island
    Toymods Club Member

Junior Member Too Much Toyota GUN METAL's Avatar

So did anyone get any pics on the day /

I would particulatly like to see what Justens car is looking like
    MY BELOVED AW11...Updated members ride thread>>>>http://www.toymods.net//forums/showt...=4584#post4584

AW11s always welcome in my driveway !