Thread: Paint Codes help please

Junior Member Grease Monkey Kroozerdave's Avatar

Default Paint Codes help please

Having damaged my door to get into locked car I have straightened out damage and need to cover repairs at least temporarily so I don't get rust etc.

I have 11/1985 MS123 in the two tone blue/Grey Blue/Blue combo that is reasonable common over the years in various models.

However over here so far or on the various US sites that have examples I can't find the individual colour codes to get paint to match. I have emailed a number of the sites that list codes and none of them can give me any help.

Now once I have the paint name/car version or number for these individual colours I'm pretty sure they can be mixed fairly simply.
    I can do the paint myself with compressor and panel gun etc. I would rather match what's there and keep it close. Other option is pick a close colour and do whole car but I'd rather not do that again.

And I'm not quite ready to spray pack it matt black yet.

So does anyone have ideas or info from when they may have already gone through this process?

Yes I know with unlimited budget etc, a really good painter can colour match pretty well by machine or eye (Both my brother and his son could do this, but neither of them are around these days). However my budget is negative figures at present so any more than $500.00 I'd just paint the whole thing myself.

picture of colour before damage:[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Kroozerdave; 11-08-2008 at 10:09 PM. Reason: loaded code for paint colour pic

Traditionalist Domestic Engineer parrot's Avatar

Default Re: Paint Codes help please

This may help?

Junior Member Grease Monkey Kroozerdave's Avatar

Default Re: Paint Codes help please

Seems to match the light blue code. Found an old school paint place today and checking inside boot and doors etc appears the dark blue has a slight purple tint to it.
    +rep for partial solution