Thread: 1uz Into a cressy

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice

Default 1uz Into a cressy

Hey, i have sitting in my garage 2 things, A 1uz from a toyota soarer, and a mx83 with... you guessed it, bhg! yay.
    anyway, I have minimal mechanical knowledge, but i love trying to figure out things. The only things I've done to my car is swap trannys (had to convert the abs gear and stuff, because mine is a grande), re-wire the sensors and crap (yay duct tape) and change my rear main seal. Plus little maintenance things....

So I have the the engine, the soarer auto, all the computers, and even the fuel pump and exhaust. For some reason i have half the tail shaft too...
    Some questions i have are...
    What should I do about the output on the tranny? Should i convert it to a slip-yoke style (and if so, how?) or should I keep the rubber donut style? (i remember reading somewhere the donut fouls the shifter linkage?)
    Will I need to have a custom tailshaft? (Im thinking yes)
    Abs....? I would like to retain it. But if its too much money and trouble, I'll ditch it. I have the soarer computer, and tranny, so i was thinking of using all them, but then I'd need the rear wheel sensors, which cressys dont have... so I have been told to just use the cressy abs computer, change the abs gear and sensor on the box to cressy ones but then apparently the ecu gets a signal from the soarer sensor, which it wont anymore because I'd be using the cressy sensor... does anyone know anything about all this?

I think I've got engine mounts sorted. Not sure about tranny crossmember.... the a340 and a341 are almost identical.... I have just been assuming i can use the same crossmember mount. But i've yet to actaully measure that up and all.

also, other than the obvious, what else should i do with the engine while its out?

Gobble, Gobble! Automotive Encyclopaedia mrshin's Avatar

Default Re: 1uz Into a cressy

If you're in Melbourne, PM me and you can have a look at mine, and I might be able to give you a few suggestions.