Thread: ta22 brakes and lsd

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice mrta22's Avatar

Default ta22 brakes and lsd

hey thanks for getting back 2 my brake upgrade i bought some dba gold series slotted and drilled rotors for a ra23 celica with some lucus racing pads for the front, i realised that my engineer had typed out that it had ra22 fornt discs with the struts ,axles and calipers 2 match when they were ra23 items and i had forgotten about it as i did the conversion over 3 years ago and i bought some dba slotted rotors for the rear and bendix advanced pads for the rear cause i have r31 skyline rear rotors and calipers 2 match, i would like 2 put in a lsd or locker i.e mini spool or full spool, as i would like 2 so some track work in it, do u know of any lsd's or lockers that would go straight into the standard CELICA diff as i dont want 2 change the rear end set up because of the rear barke conversion. would a tarago lsd go in as they use them in the sprinters. thanks for ur help
    Last edited by mrta22; 10-07-2008 at 04:47 PM.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota YLD-16L's Avatar

Default Re: ta22 brakes and lsd

R31 is a Borg-Warner diff.

LSD's of varying from shitbox stock ones through to KAAZ units are easily available, depends on how good you want it to be and how much you want to spend with stockers being anywhere from free and upward to maybe $150 max (more than that and it'd want to be a serviced unit with some new parts) to the KAAZ units for $1400 or thereabouts and upwards.

Mini spools are about $100, full spools about $300 and neither are legal on the road.

Junior Member Grease Monkey MitchE's Avatar

T series AE86 items fit you will have to shorten the axles 5mm off the top of my head although i cant remember which model maybe the earlier ones?

EDIT: what diff are you using? if its still the T series you can buy an LSD from T3 for around $750US, if the skyline diff commodore V8, VL turbo diff center may go in but im like 50% on that one.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota YLD-16L's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MitchE
    T series AE86 items fit you will have to shorten the axles 5mm off the top of my head although i cant remember which model maybe the earlier ones?
    Not in his Bog-Warmer diff it won't

He'll have to check whether it's the 25 or 28 spline axle version too.

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice mrta22's Avatar

hey i had a look on my compliance plate 2 see what trim level it was i.e et, tl, st, gt, but i couldnt find anything but it originally had a 2t engine and it said that the axle was a t292 if that helps with anything what sort of diff is in this does this mean it has a t series diff like the sprinters?

Junior Member Domestic Engineer Hurricane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MitchE
    T
    the skyline diff commodore V8, VL turbo diff center may go in but im like 50% on that one.
    yes they will and also any ford centre from ea to ba will work
    * 84 FJ60 - 37's, 308, 80 series coils/diffs and LS1TT in the makin
    * 73 KE26 - x4 Brown Wagz
    * 73 KE20 NOW 3T-TE
    * 84 KE70 Panno
    * MX83 LS1 Track Car