Thread: 45mm Weber Ram Pipes to fit 44mm Solexes

TA22 Junkie Backyard Mechanic Silly Rabbit's Avatar

Default 45mm Weber Ram Pipes to fit 44mm Solexes

Hey All,

Just wondering if the bolt pattern on 44mm Solexes is the same as that on the 45mm Webers. In the process of tracking down some short 30mm ram tubes and have found these type but they are listed for Webers. They also have the tube going into the body of the carb. Can anyone suggest if this will not work on Solexes either. Perhaps Rodger on here would be the best person to ask but if anyone else has any experience with this your help would be greatly appreciated. Oh and if you know where to get them in Aus that would help too. The UK seems to be the only place I have found that do the short ones and no 50mm won't work...need the 30mm...cheers.

“From the five years, 1968-73, if you were an F1 driver at that time, there was a very likely chance that you would have died.”
    - Jackie Stewart
    (now that's my type of racing )

I even do the dishes as Domestic Engineer Rodger's Avatar

Default Re: 45mm Weber Ram Pipes to fit 44mm Solexes

Silly,

If you have or can get a drawing.

The bolt patterns are the same. All sidedraught carbs of the same era and similar size have the same pattern, Mikuni PHH, Solex S4/S5/T/R, Solex ADDHE, Webber DCOE DCOM, Dellorto DHLA

Both the 44 Mikuni and the 45 Weber have a 48mm bore at the filter flange, as do all the others above even in the 40mm size.

If the extended sleeve has an OD of 48mm then it will slide into the Mikuni. It may need to be notched out to fit around the Inner Venturi but you will not know that until you have them.

You could cut off the extension.

Either way it is the only 30mm Ram Tube I know of. There are 25mm ones as the next size down.

Just as an aside. The effective length for tuning purposes is not the 30mm height but the total inside length of the rolled surface. Looking at that picture it could be as long as 50mm and this is what would be used in the calculation of total intake runner length.

Regards

Rodger
    Last edited by Rodger; 28-05-2008 at 12:36 PM. Reason: more comment